Tulane Wins The Cincinnati Series

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Last edited by winwave on Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

Wave defeats Cincy 5 to 3 in game one of series. :)
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Roper had his usual early issues but gets it under control and gets the win. He walked 6 and struck out 9. Bjorngjeld was shaky. Solesky and Pellerin both bounced back with good outings. Usual defensive miscues with not catching a foul that should have been caught. Spoon gets picked off. Scored all the runs in the first . Gozzo got the big hit. On to game 2.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

Let me know when we sweep.
capwave
High Tide

umpire was terrible last night for both teams at the plate. Bjornjeld got hosed on a bizarre strike zone.
Wave755
Tsunami

Wave wins game two and Cincy series 8 to 7 today. Rowland drives in winning run in bottom of 9th. :)
Houma de Wave
Swell

Wild game today and the most important thing is...we won. Chance for sweep tomorrow with Keagan on the bump.
Houma de Wave
Swell

Show Me wrote:Let me know when we sweep.
Almost there. I’m praying for you and me (That’s a lot of prayers.) as we have been through so many letdowns in our storied careers as Tulane fans.
Show Me
Tsunami

Houma de Wave wrote:
Almost there. I’m praying for you and me (That’s a lot of prayers.) as we have been through so many letdowns in our storied careers as Tulane fans.
Thank you. And thank God we were playing Cincinnati today. I see why they were picked last. Today was the only game I was concerned about. We should shut them out tomorrow with Gillies. We made a ton of mental errors today and were lucky to win. Spoon should have been picked off and that ball hitting his butt turned the game around. The fly ball miscommunication in Right Center, the pass ball guy scoring the tying run from 2nd, and Gozzo’s attempt to throw out a runner at 3rd were all bonehead plays. Looked like these guys were never taught fundamental baseball.
capwave
High Tide

Show Me wrote:
Houma de Wave wrote:
Thank you. And thank God we were playing Cincinnati today. I see why they were picked last. Today was the only game I was concerned about. We should shut them out tomorrow with Gillies. We made a ton of mental errors today and were lucky to win. Spoon should have been picked off and that ball hitting his butt turned the game around. The fly ball miscommunication in Right Center, the pass ball guy scoring the tying run from 2nd, and Gozzo’s attempt to throw out a runner at 3rd were all bonehead plays. Looked like these guys were never taught fundamental baseball.
You are right. This was as ugly a win against a terrible team as it gets. Bottom line is that this is a poorly coached Tulane baseball team in all aspects.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote:
Houma de Wave wrote:
Add to that we tried to steal 3rd with 2 outs and 3 hole hitter up. Baseball rule #1 - making the 3rd out to end an inning at third is a no no. We then lead off next inning with a hit - that run is on coaching.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

No doubt we wouldn't have beat many teams with the way we played today. We also benefited from two calls that went our way. Early in the game they hit a grounder over 3rd that clearly was fair but was called foul. Then Owen's double down the 1st base line was a foul ball. Rare for us to get calls like that. White pitched well till the missed fly ball. Trent Johnson threw well also. Pellerin did good till the wild pitch. Trevor Jensen really hit the ball well every time up. His one out was a laser right at the 3rd baseman. We got the win and can get the sweep. Let's take care of business tomorrow.
capwave
High Tide

When your starting pitcher goes 8 innings and gives up 1 run on 2 hits and you lose to the worst team in the conference, what does that make you? Maybe we are second to last. We did barely win the first 2. This is going to be a great year, so much to look forward to!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Brutal. Two straight scoreless Sunday’s. Gillies got Merrill’d again. We can’t hit lefties (.211) even before today.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Tough to watch Keegan get the loss. He has really stepped up. Looked like everyone was swinging for the fences.
Show Me
Tsunami

Disappointed we failed to sweep today. Cincinnati is the one team I thought we’d sweep especially at home. A series win against them won’t help anything. Our RPI is terrible so we’ll have to win the AAC conference tournament to see a regional. That’s unlikely. Another losing season awaits us. Football can’t start soon enough.