Tulane loses the Long Beach State Series

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Last edited by winwave on Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

The Sun...The Surf...The Sand....The Blondes....The L's....gotta admit, there are worse places to get swept
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Pepper
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:The Sun...The Surf...The Sand....The Blondes....The L's....gotta admit, there are worse places to get swept

I'd be shocked if we win 1. Don't be fooled by their record, their schedule is rough.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Bigschtick
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote:The Sun...The Surf...The Sand....The Blondes....The L's....gotta admit, there are worse places to get swept

Going to be raining Friday into Saturday morning.here in Socal. No Sun or warm beach. We are finally getting the rain we so desperately need.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Tonight's game has been moved up an hour to 7.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I'd like to see us start Bjorngjeld on Saturday. White is looking good but he pitched 2 innings on Sunday and then those 5 on Tuesday. It would be nice to start him Tuesday against LSU and then let him get in the weekend rotation.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Roper doesn’t have it. Already 6-0 2nd inning Bags up.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
rollinggreen
High Tide

Dumpster fire warnings at LBS. This team is garbage.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

12-0 bottom 6th. Horror show. Bags embarrassing the Wave.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave gets two in the 8th to avoid the shutout 12-2
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Final 13-2 LBSU embarrasses Wave in Game 1.
Oh yea, we got charged with 4 errors because LBSU has a legitimate official scorer.
On the bright side we’re not Virginia. :mrgreen:
Tulane Class of 1981
DrBox
Riptide

Just terrible.
wavemania
Surge

Just goes to show what a great coach does - can get you to the dance and win a game or 2. Too bad we settle for mediocre . Pathetic
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The defense really failed Roper in the early going.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:The defense really failed Roper in the early going.
Right. But they would have been scored hits at Turchin.
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: On the bright side we’re not Virginia. :mrgreen:
TPS is making reference to no. 16 seed University of Maryland Baltimore County tonight crushing no. 1 overall seed Univerity of Virginia 74-54 in perhaps the biggest upset in the history of college basketball.

Sadly, a far more entertaining contest than watching our pathetic Green Wave crushed by LBSU. :shakingno:
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:The defense really failed Roper in the early going.
Right. But they would have been scored hits at Turchin.
No doubt. It wasn't about Roper not having it early it was the defense that didn't have it.
Pepper
Swell

That fat faced tomato needs to be shown the door pronto.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Wavetrader
Low Tide

If only David Pierce didn't leave the cupboard bare; if only Tulane could compete for players with better financial aid; if only we could recruit junior college kids; if only we had better baseball facilities. I'm sure the demise of Tulane baseball over the last two years has nothing to do with the new coach that had no prior head coaching experience outside of short stint at a community college. This team will improve once we get into conference play. :roll:
"There is winning and there is misery". BP
Show Me
Tsunami

Wavetrader wrote:If only David Pierce didn't leave the cupboard bare; if only Tulane could compete for players with better financial aid; if only we could recruit junior college kids; if only we had better baseball facilities. I'm sure the demise of Tulane baseball over the last two years has nothing to do with the new coach that had no prior head coaching experience outside of short stint at a community college. This team will improve once we get into conference play. :roll:
Hey but we look great standing for the anthem. :oops:
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote:
Wavetrader wrote:If only David Pierce didn't leave the cupboard bare; if only Tulane could compete for players with better financial aid; if only we could recruit junior college kids; if only we had better baseball facilities. I'm sure the demise of Tulane baseball over the last two years has nothing to do with the new coach that had no prior head coaching experience outside of short stint at a community college. This team will improve once we get into conference play. :roll:

drop baseball and turn Turchin into a large Boccee Ball courts
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bigschtick
Riptide

And I was thinking of sitting in that parking lot known as the 405 freeway schlepping the 3 hours on a Friday afternoon to Long Beach in the rain
to witness this disaster?
Bigschtick
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote:
Show Me wrote:

Nah, we could never be competitive in bocce ball, but maybe curling?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bigschtick wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
Show Me wrote:

Nah, we could never be competitive in bocce ball, but maybe curling?
why not both ?....hell let's go for the trifecta, Boccee, Curling and Corn Hole...I wonder if people knew what "corn hole" really was, if they would not rename the activity ...on a lighter note, Mr Big I will be at Morgan Run Resort, close to Del Mar in mid May
Dave breslin
Swell

Golf, I think we were corn holed by the past dynamic duo named Cowdick. Didn’t like it!