Spring Practice

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
JerseyWave
Riptide

The spring prospectus is available on the official website. It's fortunate that the true freshman QB is available for spring practice. At some point Banks will take a shot that forces him out of a game. It always happens to Tulane QBs. Daniels has to be ready to play. He should get plenty of reps this spring. Also, two of the freshman D-Lineman are in school and they will have to contribute early. Keep making progress in the weight room.

I also noticed there's lots of scholarship seniors on the roster. I count 20. Plus, Knighton is back for a second year as a grad transfer should help cover for Diaz leaving. Fritz should be able to sign another large class after next season hopefully ranked as good or better than the incoming class. We have to keep building and improving the talent and depth.

Since Tulane's March madness ended right away and Baseball is a dumpster fire, all we have is Spring Football and the hope that in 2018 the program will finally turn the corner.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

Both these kids graduated HS in 2017. Where have they been the past year?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:
not sure where they have been, maybe they were enrolled at Tulane for the fall semester...they just graduated last June, so it has not been a year yet
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
not sure where they have been, maybe they were enrolled at Tulane for the fall semester...they just graduated last June, so it has not been a year yet
The point is that they graduated in the class of 2017. They weren't announced as signing LOI's. One is a 6'4" 185 lb linebacker/DE. The other listed JV Football for all four years of HS, though he also listed Varsity football for his Junior and Senior year.

Are these kids walk ons?

What's the deal, 'nut?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
TXWave88
Surge

I would think these kids are walk-ons. Maybe were already enrolled at Tulane as students.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

wave97
Swell

winwave wrote:Johnson coming on strong:

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... 42852.html
Thank God we were able to get a couple of the young interior guys here for the spring. They need to get as many live reps in as possible between now & Wake Forest. The transition is waaay more mental than physical.
We couldn't have picked a better time to play against our only flex-bone team (Navy), for the last game. However, it will be very difficult to replicate what Navy is going to throw at them with our RPO scout team. They'll have to experience it for the first time themselves during the game. Whatever the line is for that game you may want to consider choosing Navy.
BTW, how many days are they in full gear for spring? IIRC, we were in shorts & pads for a day or two & it was full gear for the rest of spring with every drill live. Maybe it is good they aren't beating the stuffing out of each other as we used to have large bruises across our foreheads, an aversion to bright light and swollen tounges in the spring.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

So, even though it's early, were the season to start next Saturday (or Thursday night) our backup QB would be Ledford. That's a QB that someone who is never wrong (in his own mind) has preached to us is not a D1 QB. That's scary (on both counts.)
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:So, even though it's early, were the season to start next Saturday (or Thursday night) our backup QB would be Ledford. That's a QB that someone who is never wrong (in his own mind) has preached to us is not a D1 QB. That's scary (on both counts.)
Happy Sunday to you too. Everybody left. We both agreed that Daniels looked like he played against very low level competition in HS and that is the case. So that leaves Ledford who the staff had already moved to WR.The staff also continues to mention his issues with his throwing motion. So yes we better hope and pray Banks can be our first QB in a long time to stay healthy and play every meaningful rep. Now back to your misery.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:
DfromCT wrote:So, even though it's early, were the season to start next Saturday (or Thursday night) our backup QB would be Ledford. That's a QB that someone who is never wrong (in his own mind) has preached to us is not a D1 QB. That's scary (on both counts.)
Happy Sunday to you too. Everybody left. We both agreed that Daniels looked like he played against very low level competition in HS and that is the case. So that leaves Ledford who the staff had already moved to WR.The staff also continues to mention his issues with his throwing motion. So yes we better hope and pray Banks can be our first QB in a long time to stay healthy and play every meaningful rep. Now back to your misery.
I'm having a great St. Pat's weekend, I don't know what misery you refer to? But it's funny how you recognize your being described as the guy that never admits he's wrong.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:
winwave wrote:
I'm having a great St. Pat's weekend, I don't know what misery you refer to? But it's funny how you recognize your being described as the guy that never admits he's wrong.
LOL. Your obsession with me is obvious to everyone. It kills you that I know what I'm talking about and your clearly miserable b/c of it. You really need to learn to deal with it better.
wave97
Swell

Hey D,
If you do not identify as non-binary, your comments sure do!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote:Hey D,
If you do not identify as non-binary, your comments sure do!
Nice try, but you incorrectly used your SAT word! :lol: :roll: :lol:
kingcole
Low Tide

Before we pull the plug on Daniels he still has a lot of spring and summer workout to improve. Looking at recruiting sites theirs a lot of highly ranks kids in low classifications
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Nobody's pulling the plug on him. Just stating that he faced questionable competition and so this is a big step up for him. It's not so much about what classification he played in it's about how small his opponents seemed to be.
galvezwave
Swell

If I recall, banks didn’t exactly set the world on fire last spring. The reports weren’t glowing. It’s sort of an unorthodox system. Not gonna worry about a kid that should still be in high school a couple more months.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Coach Fritz talks spring football, next years schedule, and a few other topics. I’ll take any coverage at this point Starts at 6 minutes and 39 seconds

http://www.wwl.com/media/audio-channel/ ... ball-slate
winwave
Top of the WAVE