Dishonest Question

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Ruski
Swell

If Georgia wants to put itself on the college basketball map, reaching for former Louisville coach Rick Pitino would be one way to do it. His name is being mentioned for the Bulldogs job that became vacant on Saturday with the dismissal of Mark Fox, according to ESPN college basketball analyst Jay Williams.
Rick Pitino has won 74% of his games. He's taken 3 different teams to the final. Won 2 national championships. He is a winner.

And yet he's been guilty of corruption, lying, cheating, lying about cheating. Prostitution, bribery, racketeering. He is a scum bag.

Here's my question. Not only would Tulane ever hire a guy like Pitino, would they even be able to?

We've seen the way Kelvin Sampson has put Houston back on the map, Larry Brown at SMU, Pitino at Louisville, hell even Calhoun at UCONN, or Williams at UNC, it seems in college basketball you gotta be able to stomach some dishonesty to have a successful program. And even in football with Lane Kiffin at FAU, you can see the way an outspoken and controversial winning HC can immediately garner massive media interest and credibility.

Does Tulane have the balls or the wallet to bring someone in to revive the program in such a manner? I'd imagine a big booster would have to champion the cause, does anyone with the pockets to do so give a damn?

I'm just so sick of Tulane being used as a scapegoat any time the AAC is mentioned, frustrating being the punchline.

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

in regards to Pitino, if guilty of all above, how the hell is he not in prison ?...Tulane will NEVER take a chance on anyone/anybody with a questionable resume', no matter the donor... AC committed adultery, not a criminal offense, but a social/religious one, he will never coach at Tulane ..God may forgive, but the high Lords of ole Tulane, will not
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Ruski wrote:
If Georgia wants to put itself on the college basketball map, reaching for former Louisville coach Rick Pitino would be one way to do it. His name is being mentioned for the Bulldogs job that became vacant on Saturday with the dismissal of Mark Fox, according to ESPN college basketball analyst Jay Williams.
Rick Pitino has won 74% of his games. He's taken 3 different teams to the final. Won 2 national championships. He is a winner.

And yet he's been guilty of corruption, lying, cheating, lying about cheating. Prostitution, bribery, racketeering. He is a scum bag.

Here's my question. Not only would Tulane ever hire a guy like Pitino, would they even be able to?

We've seen the way Kelvin Sampson has put Houston back on the map, Larry Brown at SMU, Pitino at Louisville, hell even Calhoun at UCONN, or Williams at UNC, it seems in college basketball you gotta be able to stomach some dishonesty to have a successful program. And even in football with Lane Kiffin at FAU, you can see the way an outspoken and controversial winning HC can immediately garner massive media interest and credibility.

Does Tulane have the balls or the wallet to bring someone in to revive the program in such a manner? I'd imagine a big booster would have to champion the cause, does anyone with the pockets to do so give a damn?

I'm just so sick of Tulane being used as a scapegoat any time the AAC is mentioned, frustrating being the punchline.
Unfortunately our point shaving scandal of the 1980’s was our albatros. So we can’t afford to get caught up in another scandal. It could mean a self imposed death penalty once again.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
wavemania
Surge

Considering how crappy this program has been fo so long, this is just as bad as the death penalty.
Ruski
Swell

wavemania wrote:Considering how crappy this program has been fo so long, this is just as bad as the death penalty.
Worse I'd argue. All those top teams have shown that if you can put together 5/10 years of good to great basketball then you can get through the sanctions and retain the prestige. Louisville became a "power" program doing it, in bball and fball.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Ruski wrote:
wavemania wrote:Considering how crappy this program has been fo so long, this is just as bad as the death penalty.
Worse I'd argue. All those top teams have shown that if you can put together 5/10 years of good to great basketball then you can get through the sanctions and retain the prestige. Louisville became a "power" program doing it, in bball and fball.
Louisville has sold their soul for football and basketball wins. Their last NC in b-ball was vacated and who knows what will come out of this pay for players investigation that the feds are investigating....
Wave755
Tsunami

Oh, by the way, wavemania, today Tulane won its series against Purdue, and ULALA lost its series @ "da' Tigue" to "Mighty" Sunbelt competitor So. Alabama. :P
galvezwave
Swell

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
Ruski wrote:
Louisville has sold their soul for football and basketball wins. Their last NC in b-ball was vacated and who knows what will come out of this pay for players investigation that the feds are investigating....
The ones that don’t belong in the club get in the most trouble. Tulane would be buried if caught cheating. And I mean real cheating. And real buried.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote:
Oh, by the way, wavemania, today Tulane won its series against Purdue, and ULALA lost its series @ "da' Tigue" to "Mighty" Sunbelt competitor So. Alabama. :P
not sure how mighty South 'Bama is now, but the series shows this result... So 'Bama 62 wins ... La-Laf 47 wins
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
wavemania
Surge

Wave755, thought we were talking basketball, but since you want to bring up baseball, I'll play along. S Ala usually has a very good team year in and year out. Since ULL will be playing Tulane next, let's see what this coach does in regards to pitching. When you leave a guy out there early in the game and he can't throw strikes and you wait to pull him after you are down by 4 or more, chances are you won't win too many games that way.
Wave755
Tsunami

wavemania wrote:Wave755, thought we were talking basketball, but since you want to bring up baseball, I'll play along. S Ala usually has a very good team year in and year out. Since ULL will be playing Tulane next, let's see what this coach does in regards to pitching. When you leave a guy out there early in the game and he can't throw strikes and you wait to pull him after you are down by 4 or more, chances are you won't win too many games that way.
The Massey blow-up on Saturday was a surprise to everyone. Those 1.1 inning blow-ups sometime happen for college ball, but Massey?