Cincy Wipes Out The Wave 78-49

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:Attendance was 2,824.
Both Devlin and the crowd looked good on TV.

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote:
Yes. But it sounded quiet.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
galvezwave
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
I found it interesting and positive that we are capable of pulling 2800 to see a bad team play a good one. That's kind of new. There must be some good will building up. If Tulane had an NIT level team that would have been a sell out. I was really suprised by that turnout.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

galvezwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
I found it interesting and positive that we are capable of pulling 2800 to see a bad team play a good one. That's kind of new. There must be some good will building up. If Tulane had an NIT level team that would have been a sell out. I was really suprised by that turnout.
Someone posted yesterday that there was a Tuition Giveaway last night, which brought in a whole lot of folks, if true. They were loud early, and seemed to give a nice cheer for Reynolds when he was removed late in the game. The kid they showed power drinking beers in both hands as they went to one of the commercial breaks didn't give the best impression, IMHO, of Tulane.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
True, the announcers noted the subdued Tulane crowd, and said at times it felt like a Cincinnati home game, but sadly a quiet home crowd for such a "beat down" is to be expected.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:Evans while in for only 11 mins was 4 for 10 with 5 beyond the arc.
Frazier was 4 for 11 in 34 mins with one beyond the arc. So with 23 more mins played Frazier only attempted one more shot.

Frazier was denied the ball much of the time in his 34 mins.
Reynolds was off so they locked in on Frazier. Frazier shooting 39% from beyond the arc on the year which is good.
With Reynolds leaving all our AAC opponents next season will place more focus on Frazier. He may even hurt his draft stock coming back. It really depends who’s available at the 2/3 spot coming out.
It's not so much being denied the ball as it is not being able to create his own shot. He's not a good outside shooter. This is a classic example of why they say stats are for losers.( Not calling you that). He doesn't shoot many to start with and he has had a game or two where he was on fire but generally he's not a threat there. Plus he has no mid-range game whatsoever. So he still has a lot that MD could teach him on the offensive end. Daniels will be better and we have some recruits coming in that are supposed to be good shooters. You have to hope Cornish will be better after being such a disappointment. All those reports of him being the best player on the team last year were flat out wrong. So teams should not be able to focus on him. However the truly good ones get it done no matter what.

He is still has a lot of maturing to do as you can usually tell early if he's into a game or not. But as I've said I'm sure he's going and I hope it works out for him and Tulane. I just don't think that will be the case.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Evans while in for only 11 mins was 4 for 10 with 5 beyond the arc.
Frazier was 4 for 11 in 34 mins with one beyond the arc. So with 23 more mins played Frazier only attempted one more shot.

Reynolds was off so they locked in on Frazier. Frazier shooting 39% from beyond the arc on the year which is good.
With Reynolds leaving all our AAC opponents next season will place more focus on Frazier. He may even hurt his draft stock coming back. It really depends who’s available at the 2/3 spot coming out.
It's not so much being denied the ball as it is not being able to create his own shot. He's not a good outside shooter. This is a classic example of why they say stats are for losers.( Not calling you that). He doesn't shoot many to start with and he has had a game or two where he was on fire but generally he's not a threat there. Plus he has no mid-range game whatsoever. So he still has a lot that MD could teach him on the offensive end. Daniels will be better and we have some recruits coming in that are supposed to be good shooters. You have to hope Cornish will be better after being such a disappointment. All those reports of him being the best player on the team last year were flat out wrong. So teams should not be able to focus on him. However the truly good ones get it done no matter what.

He is still has a lot of maturing to do as you can usually tell early if he's into a game or not. But as I've said I'm sure he's going and I hope it works out for him and Tulane. I just don't think that will be the case.
I think he can benefit and needs some weight and muscle on his frame. But he can get that getting paid. The only reason for him to come back is if his draft stock would dramatically rise. I can’t see that happening if he’s projected 1st round now or even high 2nd. He’s going to get better next year no matter where he plays. I’d be shocked if he comes back.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:

I think he can benefit and needs some weight and muscle on his frame. But he can get that getting paid. The only reason for him to come back is if his draft stock would dramatically rise. I can’t see that happening if he’s projected 1st round now or even high 2nd. He’s going to get better next year no matter where he plays. I’d be shocked if he comes back.
Most of the mock drafts have him going in the second if he gets drafted. No guaranteed money there.
He could come back and continue to develop and then be a first rounder.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Or come back and get hurt and or not improve much. If he’s drafted I think he’s going. He’s more valuable as a Jr. than a Sr. to the NBA brass.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:Or come back and get hurt and or not improve much. If he’s drafted I think he’s going. He’s more valuable as a Jr. than a Sr. to the NBA brass.
He has to go if he enters the draft. What you're missing is that if he enters and goes in the second round he's not guaranteed any money and likely won't make an NBA team. So he doesn't get to develop there. If he goes thru the combine and they don't evaluate him as a first rounder he should come back. He won't but he should.
Profoundwizard
Swell

He’ll get better coaching in the pros. Won’t have to worry about class etc. He’ll be able to focus all his time on basketball. He’ll improve more as a pro. Whether that’s in the NBA or the G-League.
Not enough incentive for him to return.
The team won’t be good either way, so I’m not losing any sleep over it.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

MD has clearly improved him and can continue to do so. Who knows who he gets as a coach in the G League. MD will be focused on him which isn't guaranteed with where ever he might end up in the G League.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Or come back and get hurt and or not improve much. If he’s drafted I think he’s going. He’s more valuable as a Jr. than a Sr. to the NBA brass.
He has to go if he enters the draft. What you're missing is that if he enters and goes in the second round he's not guaranteed any money and likely won't make an NBA team. So he doesn't get to develop there. If he goes thru the combine and they don't evaluate him as a first rounder he should come back. He won't but he should.
All these players got guaranteed money in the 2nd round from last year.

Second round:

New Orleans Pelicans: Frank Jackson, SG (Duke): Signed
Three-year contract. Minimum salary. First two years guaranteed. Third year partially guaranteed.

Phoenix Suns: Davon Reed, SG (Miami): Signed
Four-year contract. Minimum salary. First year fully guaranteed; second year half guaranteed.

Orlando Magic: Wesley Iwundu, SG (Kansas State): Signed
Three-year, $4.05MM contract. Fully guaranteed.

Sacramento Kings: Frank Mason, PG (Kansas): Signed
Three-year, $4.18MM contract. First two years fully guaranteed.

Memphis Grizzlies: Ivan Rabb, F/C (Cal): Signed
Three-year, $3.95MM contract. First two years fully guaranteed.

Boston Celtics: Semi Ojeleye, F (SMU): Signed
Four-year, $6.04MM contract. First year guaranteed. Second year partially guaranteed.

Golden State Warriors: Jordan Bell, PF (Oregon): Signed
Two-year contract. Minimum salary. Fully guaranteed.

Los Angeles Clippers: Jawun Evans, PG (Oklahoma State): Signed
Three-year contract. Minimum salary. First two years guaranteed. Third year team option.

Charlotte Hornets: Dwayne Bacon, SF (Florida State): Signed
Three-year contract. Minimum salary. First two years are guaranteed.

Atlanta Hawks: Tyler Dorsey, SG (Oregon): Signed
Two-year contract. Minimum salary. Fully guaranteed.

Los Angeles Lakers: Thomas Bryant, C (Indiana): Signed
Two-year contract. Minimum salary. First year guaranteed.

New York Knicks: Damyean Dotson, SG (Houston): Signed
Three-year, $4.1MM contract. First two years are guaranteed.

Memphis Grizzlies: Dillon Brooks, SF (Oregon): Signed

Milwaukee Bucks: Sterling Brown, SG (SMU): Signed

Indiana Pacers: Ike Anigbogu, C (UCLA): Signed
Three year, $3.9MM contract. First year guaranteed. Second year partially guaranteed.

Los Angeles Clippers: Sindarius Thornwell, SG (South Carolina): Signed
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

So half got it and half didn't. The point is first round contracts have to be guaranteed. Second round don't.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:So half got it and half didn't. The point is first round contracts have to be guaranteed. Second round don't.
46 out of the 60 drafted got it. The last 14 in round 2 didn’t.
Frazier where projected will get it.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It's some mock draft saying this not the scouts. I hope he gets drafted in the first round b/c I think he's going no matter what . Would hate to see him in the G League playing for a pittance.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

galvezwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
I was in town, and was able to attend the Cincy game. The crowd was into it for the first 5 minutes, when we hung with them. By the 10 minute point, the game was over and the crowd began focusing on their iPhones. It was a good crowd, and was like a poor man's Staples Arena when the Lakers play, a lot of Tulane celebrities. The floor seats were filled with high heeled alums, who Dannen and his assistants were working very hard. Willie Fritz and his wife were there, and Tanzel Smart made an appearance. But the big crowd, celebs, the free tuition contest, ESPN, and senior night couldn't overcome the brutal massacre that we had to witness. Cincy is extremely talented and a very hard working team--every players goes all out all the time. Not only does Tulane not have the talent, the players looked like they just wanted to get it over with--so did we in the crowd.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana