Cincy Wipes Out The Wave 78-49

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Senior night:

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... d9fdd.html

It will be packed as there is a tuition give away.The game is at 8 on ESPN.
Last edited by winwave on Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wave755
Tsunami

Line opens Cincinnati 13.5 pts. > Wave (Rotation nos. 543-544 for Vegas Sheet).

O/U 137.5 pts.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-bas ... las-vegas/
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I’d have to take the points. Cincy could be looking ahead to their rematch with Wichita St. on Sunday. Plus big home crowd if given something good to cheer about.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I hope they're looking ahead. This one scares me more than WSU b/c of their interior game. I hope the emotion of Senior Night can help us.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

In a nice tribute to Cam all the players warm up shirts have #5 on them.
galvezwave
Swell

my god we are horrible at shooting
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

galvezwave wrote:my god we are horrible at shooting
That and they play defense. Even with their best player out they have way too much athleticism for us to match up with. It’s never been a game so the big crowd has never been a factor.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

except for Passing, Shooting, Rebounding, Defense and running any semblance of an Offense, I thought it was a very even game
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
galvezwave
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:except for Passing, Shooting, Rebounding, Defense and running any semblance of an Offense, I thought it was a very even game
The most discouraging thing is that we were playing better basketball this time a year ago. That team kept improving and was a tough out at the end of the season. Right now, Tulane is the absolute worst team in the conference.(except for USF). It makes no difference whether Melvin stays or goes. This team is garbage with or without him.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

What you saw tonight was a wide talent gap. We probably couldn’t beat Cincy’s 2nd team. You couldn’t tell their bench from their starters. It reminded me of Perry’s bench strength with the Posse. If we want to compete for a bid we need to significantly upgrade the talent.
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

Final: Cincy 78, Tulane 49

And, if it had been a prize fight, somebody would have stopped it. :shakingno:
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote:Line opens Cincinnati 13.5 pts. > Wave (Rotation nos. 543-544 for Vegas Sheet).

O/U 137.5 pts.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-bas ... las-vegas/
13.5pts not even close.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Well it was as bad as I expected. We were never in it. We're so lacking in talent. With so few scholarships open this isn't getting turned around anytime soon.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Sad thing most of all is we continue the Tulane tradition of saving our worst game of the year for national TV in front of our biggest home crowd in years. What started out as promising season we’ve now lost 7 out of the last 8 and 12 out of the last 14.
Tulane Class of 1981
swampnik
Surge

This league and TU is about the time and date of match ups as Wichita State beat Cincy twice and TU played one of their best all -around games against WS losing by 6-7 points. I do think when all is said and done though that the Bearcats will be the champs of AAC and get to go far into the NCAA tourney.
Oh well, next up is UCF! Onwards.....
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
winwave
Top of the WAVE

swampnik wrote:This league and TU is about the time and date of match ups as Wichita State beat Cincy twice and TU played one of their best all -around games against WS losing by 6-7 points. I do think when all is said and done though that the Bearcats will be the champs of AAC and get to go far into the NCAA tourney.
Oh well, next up is UCF! Onwards.....
You may end up being right but Cincy and WSU have only played once so far. They play again Sunday. We did play well against WSU but their best player never touched the floor. Last night one of Cincy's best, Evans, went out with 8 minutes left in the first half but the game was over at that point anyway. More importantly this was about matchups not timing. Cincy is very strong inside and exposes our greatest weakness.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I don't expect much out of this team in the tournament, but every time you think this team is done, it comes up with a strong performance, even in a loss (Wichita). Melvin looked far from a 1st round NBA draft pick and his ability to finish has deteriorated since his injury. Right now I don't know that he gets drafted. As a team we missed a ton of shots at the rim or within 5 feet of it. This might have been the worst performance of the Dunleavy era.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Cincy was just way more athletic than us. Very quick hands. They got into our players heads early with blocks and steals and our players became hesitant expecting the worst. As for Frazier it's not his injury. Last night he payed against a top quality team with a lot of athleticism. He'll face even more of that at the next level. I would think the mock drafts are going off highlight reels. Once the scouts bear down I would be surprised, like a lot of others who go to the games, to see him picked in the first round. Unfortunately he'll go anyway and end up without a degree and not making any real money. Hope I'm wrong but he really needs to come back.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Maybe it's not his injury, but Frasier hasn't finished strongly at the rim in quite a few games. If there's 6-10 players in this conference that are better than he is, there's 15-20 in the ACC, B1G and PAC 12.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Cincy defends. Their strategy was not to let Frazier beat them. He didn’t get many touches and when he did it wasn’t uncontested. Most of the NBA doesn’t play defense and his game projects better at that level. I doubt he improves his draft stock any coming back. His dream is to play in the NBA so if he gets drafted he’s gone. Having him drafted is good for Dunleavy. He’ll be able to sell that to the type of recruits we need to take the program up a notch. Cincy’s freshman were better than most of our guys. They didn’t miss a beat when their best player Evans went down. We need to up the level of recruit we’re signing. Need to get Perry Clark type recruits in here to get back to the NCAA. We have a weak bench and no depth. At one point Cincy’s bench was out scoring us 25-6.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Attendance was 2,824.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Last night he went against better athletes that are even quicker than him. They were just cutting him off. He threw up that prayer that was answered early and it went in. He was forced to throw it up many more times as they kept cutting him off and he never made another one like that despite trying several more just like it. Teams have the tape now and are focusing on him.

As for the NBA he'll be facing even better players than last night. His offensive game will not translate. He's not a good outside shooter and has zero mid-range game. His defense is NBA caliber but not enough to go in the first round.

He's going to go as I said above. It will just be a shame for him and Tulane.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Evans while in for only 11 mins was 4 for 10 with 5 beyond the arc.
Frazier was 4 for 11 in 34 mins with one beyond the arc. So with 23 more mins played Frazier only attempted one more shot.

Frazier was denied the ball much of the time in his 34 mins.
Reynolds was off so they locked in on Frazier. Frazier shooting 39% from beyond the arc on the year which is good.
With Reynolds leaving all our AAC opponents next season will place more focus on Frazier. He may even hurt his draft stock coming back. It really depends who’s available at the 2/3 spot coming out.
Tulane Class of 1981