Football Recruiting 2018

Talk about the latest recruits here.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Ruski wrote:
Tulane Head Coach Willie Fritz has a long history of turning around moribund programs, and he seems well on his way to rebuilding the Green Wave with the 2018 recruiting class. The Wave signed 22 players during the early signing period and augmented those numbers with three more players on February 7th. The class was unprecedented in quality as three Green Wave signees garnered a 4-star rating from major recruiting services: Safety Dorian Camel, Defensive Tackle Alfred Thomas and Defensive Tackle Jeffery Johnson. 21 of the 25 Tulane signees were rated three star or higher.
https://www.underdogdynasty.com/america ... ight-joyce
Thanks for posting that. It's written by a former Tulane player who stays in touch with the program and post regularly on our Rivals site.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

this from 247....jut scroll down and look at the number of recruits Army and Navy have coming in...The NCAA has to step in and stop this krap ASAP

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2018 ... s/football
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
wave97
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:this from 247....jut scroll down and look at the number of recruits Army and Navy have coming in...The NCAA has to step in and stop this krap ASAP

The vast majority of these "recruits" are sh*tbirds but smart sh*tbirds with a long-term view towards their future. Once accepted, (largely on the basis of their football acumen) these young men will participate in a military education that is not contingent on participation in the program. They'll receive payment while pursuing a fantastic education and maybe someday become great leaders of men. I'm ok with it.
I live in a town that hosts the Naval Academy Prep School. The football players at NAPS are generally good kids who are not burdened with dreams of NFL stardom. You'll see them walking together in town and when I get the chance to speak with them I always end the conversation with "to Hell with football, get your education young men".
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:this from 247....jut scroll down and look at the number of recruits Army and Navy have coming in...The NCAA has to step in and stop this krap ASAP

The vast majority of these "recruits" are sh*tbirds but smart sh*tbirds with a long-term view towards their future. Once accepted, (largely on the basis of their football acumen) these young men will participate in a military education that is not contingent on participation in the program. They'll receive payment while pursuing a fantastic education and maybe someday become great leaders of men. I'm ok with it.
I live in a town that hosts the Naval Academy Prep School. The football players at NAPS are generally good kids who are not burdened with dreams of NFL stardom. You'll see them walking together in town and when I get the chance to speak with them I always end the conversation with "to Hell with football, get your education young men".
I come form a Military family...My dad (WO4) put in 32 years, WW2..Korea and the beginning of Viet Nam...My Brother (1 Star) put in 33 years and I am a Gold Star Sibling, so i am not against the Military...but over 100 recruits per year and everyone else is at 20 to 25, something does not seem right...Navy is the west division because of the state of Texas and the number of kids that can be appointed from here and for that reason only....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

You're right golf. The conference wanted Navy and they insisted on being in the west division b/c of their desire to recruit Texas.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
wave97
Swell

Naps and this little organization are the queen bees of their athletic relevance:
The Naval Academy Athletic Association (NAAA) is a non-profit 501 c 3 and all dollars are invested into the challenge of operating 33 Intercollegiate Sports for 4,400 Midshipmen.
It operates as an independent arm of Navy Athletics that shakes down defense contractors far and wide to support Navy Athletics.
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/09/spor ... tball.html
The vast majority of "recruits" are done with football after their first summer camp, the numbers even out in the end but the "recruits" who opt out are not forced to relinquish their status at the Naval Academy. Mission accomplished!
tufinal4
High Tide

Come on folks, I want Navy football to do great and so do you. Go Navy, beat Army!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tufinal4 wrote:Come on folks, I want Navy football to do great and so do you. Go Navy, beat Army!
I want all of the conference teams to be competitive...but over 100 recruits per year, I bet Fritz would love to have that "problem" no matter the number of "stars" each player may have...back in the day, Ellender brought in massive classes..I think the SEC lobbied the NCAA to put a limit nationally on the number of players that could be signed each year, of course Tulane beating LSU and Georgia may have ignited their cause...I think the SEC already had a "limit" but 'independents" could sign as many as they could afford ...I think this went down about 1974 or '75...
McWave
High Tide

I believe Tulane (and anyone else for that matter) can have as many "recruits" as they want. But only 25/yr. can be on scholarship. I assume the 75 additional Academy "recruits" are not on an athletic scholarship. I believe the Academics do not have tuition but stipends are paid (to all students). How about we spend more time lowering Tulane's tuition through an increased endowment and we can have more walk-ons.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

McWave wrote:I believe Tulane (and anyone else for that matter) can have as many "recruits" as they want. But only 25/yr. can be on scholarship. I assume the 75 additional Academy "recruits" are not on an athletic scholarship. I believe the Academics do not have tuition but stipends are paid (to all students). How about we spend more time lowering Tulane's tuition through an increased endowment and we can have more walk-ons.
Tulane isn't going to lower its' tuition for a wide variety of reasons, but what it can do is guarantee to meet 100% of need for all students. That would be huge for both academics and athletics. However, at the moment, it's around $2B away from seriously pursuing that goal.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

McWave wrote:I believe Tulane (and anyone else for that matter) can have as many "recruits" as they want. But only 25/yr. can be on scholarship. I assume the 75 additional Academy "recruits" are not on an athletic scholarship. I believe the Academics do not have tuition but stipends are paid (to all students). How about we spend more time lowering Tulane's tuition through an increased endowment and we can have more walk-ons.
I may be incorrect, but the "academies" do not have "Athletic Grant in Aids' they have "appointments' some have to do with Athletics, since all 'appointments" are the same, they have zero limit on how many potential "appointees" may play a certain sport...thus the 100 plus potential players for football...the number of "appointments" is governed by a states population, the more federally elected officials, the more "appointments" available...thus Nave insisting on being in the western part of the AAC, the state with the most appointments of which is in the conference
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
I may be incorrect, but the "academies" do not have "Athletic Grant in Aids' they have "appointments' some have to do with Athletics, since all 'appointments" are the same, they have zero limit on how many potential "appointees" may play a certain sport...thus the 100 plus potential players for football...the number of "appointments" is governed by a states population, the more federally elected officials, the more "appointments" available...thus Nave insisting on being in the western part of the AAC, the state with the most appointments of which is in the conference
Isn't tuition free at the service academies once you get in?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
WTF do U mean "free"...what the hell do you think part of your income tax helps pays for...free, what a joke....please tell me what Company or Service the US Government produces, or provides, that makes a profit to pay for these tuition's.... I can't wait to find out the answer !!!!
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
WTF do U mean "free"...what the hell do you think part of your income tax helps pays for...free, what a joke....please tell me what Company or Service the US Government produces, or provides, that makes a profit to pay for these tuition's.... I can't wait to find out the answer !!!!
We must be getting close to tax day... and what government agency could make a profit? Federal Reserve :lol: what I meant by free as in free to the students/families in the sense that they don't have to pay anything cause we the tax payers have it covered.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
We must be getting close to tax day... and what government agency could make a profit? Federal Reserve :lol: what I meant by free as in free to the students/families in the sense that they don't have to pay anything cause we the tax payers have it covered.
unfortunately there are too many in this country who think all of the "national social programs" are paid for by the fed's, not knowing their money is being stolen from them in taxation so the feds can have the money to pay for other peoples problems, kids or social anxiety
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

a last minute preferred walk on ?

https://www.hudl.com/profile/4254807/John-Sakos
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:a last minute preferred walk on ?

Thanks for the heads up.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote:a last minute preferred walk on ?

I would have to call ANY walk "preferred"! :) ;)
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
wave97
Swell

I have been told that we can look forward to a Naval Academy Prep recruit showing up on Willow St. this Summer. Wasn't told position or name.
alex59
Trickle

I am waiting for Next ISL League 2018-18 and hope that Bengaluru will be achieve 1st rank again on ISL Points Table and will win one more ISL Trophy.
Ruski
Swell

I hope Fritz at least makes contact. I'm sure he's looking to play 2/2 of his remaining years. But it's to conceive an injury to Banks in this offense.

Arizona State quarterback Blake Barnett is transferring from the program, a source confirmed to ESPN on Wednesday. Barnett will be a grad transfer and will have two more seasons of eligibility to finish his career.

According to a source, Barnett will visit USF this weekend and is still gauging interest from other programs.

Initially a five-star prospect out of high school in the 2015 class, ranked No. 14 overall, Barnett committed to Notre Dame, decommitted and eventually signed with Alabama. Barnett transferred from Alabama in 2016 after quarterback Jalen Hurts took over as starter for the Tide.
http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... ansferring
nawlinspete
Riptide

Mr Banks has been playing steadily for years while Mr Barnett has not really played any meaningful time in three years ! There is no reason to pursue Mr Barnett .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

nawlinspete wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:24 am Mr Banks has been playing steadily for years while Mr Barnett has not really played any meaningful time in three years ! There is no reason to pursue Mr Barnett .
Perhaps the fact that we don't have much depth at QB AND the fact that our QB's have gotten the snot knocked out of them for the past 5-6 years (and missed starts) is a good reason to consider a quality QB. That being said, I don't know if we can add a scholarship player due to the size of our class this year, nor do I know if the kid wants to play in Fritz's system.

Banks has played one year at the D1 level, and showed a lot of progress through his first year as a starter. He'll be done this year, and after watching the Spring game, I'm concerned about life without Banks whether that happens this year or next.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V