Andy Cannizaro

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
DrBox
Riptide

And on the same lines, Stockton might have been a good choice too. It's really hard to keep the energy as coach for 20 years. I think there are some openings - good time to for her to move into the AD's office.

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Lost in all of this was the fact that Wednesday night's MSU starter was a familiar face: JP France pitched 3 scoreless innings.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DrBox wrote:And on the same lines, Stockton might have been a good choice too. It's really hard to keep the energy as coach for 20 years. I think there are some openings - good time to for her to move into the AD's office.
I wouldn’t know if Lisa would want that or not. I know Rick would have for sure. TD would probably want his own person with no Tulane ties. I believe he’s trying to “change the culture” by going outside.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:
DrBox wrote:And on the same lines, Stockton might have been a good choice too. It's really hard to keep the energy as coach for 20 years. I think there are some openings - good time to for her to move into the AD's office.
I wouldn’t know if Lisa would want that or not. I know Rick would have for sure. TD would probably want his own person with no Tulane ties. I believe he’s trying to “change the culture” by going outside.
I think TD has to learn that metro NOLA is a very "clicky" place...ya need some locals to really get the doors open, Mack realized this and to an extent so did Chet Gladchuck....since then it has been a PR nightmare... I don't consider LIsa a "local"... too bad the days of a Terry Terrebone have vanished...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Then there's this:

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2018/ ... iver_index

He'll make it back at a name school but it will most likely be later than sooner.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote:Then there's this:

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2018/ ... iver_index

He'll make it back at a name school but it will most likely be later than sooner.
Maybe he can get back in as a volunteer assistant somewhere.
sader24
Tsunami

I may get laughed at here, but hear me out. Tulane Baseball interest is at an all time low. I have not watched or listened to one game this season. Much bigger fans than I are not attending games. Go hire Andy Cannizaro. He probably will come alot cheaper than he would have. He had a marital indiscretion and a lack of judgement, but he would still inject an immense amount of interest and enthusiasm immediately into this program that nobody else will be able to do without multiple straight successful seasons. If you don't want to hire him, go hire Jake Gautreau, go after Riser with big money, etc. You have to go get somebody who will inject something into the fanbase immediately. This Jewett experiment just seems like we are wandering aimlessly in the desert. I suggest Cannizaro because it seems Dannen doesn't seem like he wants to spend much on baseball. You can probably get him at a discount and he's probably looking for a second chance to redeem himself. He hasn't done much that numerous other successful coaches have done in their personal life including some of Tulane's favorites. There is literally no interest in this program at this point. If Dannen has no interest in baseball the smart move is to go find a Tulane guy, give him the reigns and just let him run the baseball program on his own accord and let Dannen focus on Football and Basketball. I feel like this situation was so avoidable and is just so stupid at this point.
Profoundwizard
Swell

sader24 wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:02 pm I may get laughed at here, but hear me out. Tulane Baseball interest is at an all time low. I have not watched or listened to one game this season. Much bigger fans than I are not attending games. Go hire Andy Cannizaro. He probably will come alot cheaper than he would have. He had a marital indiscretion and a lack of judgement, but he would still inject an immense amount of interest and enthusiasm immediately into this program that nobody else will be able to do without multiple straight successful seasons. If you don't want to hire him, go hire Jake Gautreau, go after Riser with big money, etc. You have to go get somebody who will inject something into the fanbase immediately. This Jewett experiment just seems like we are wandering aimlessly in the desert. I suggest Cannizaro because it seems Dannen doesn't seem like he wants to spend much on baseball. You can probably get him at a discount and he's probably looking for a second chance to redeem himself. He hasn't done much that numerous other successful coaches have done in their personal life including some of Tulane's favorites. There is literally no interest in this program at this point. If Dannen has no interest in baseball the smart move is to go find a Tulane guy, give him the reigns and just let him run the baseball program on his own accord and let Dannen focus on Football and Basketball. I feel like this situation was so avoidable and is just so stupid at this point.
I think it’s a great idea and you’re 100% correct about interest being at an all-time low.
I’m not understanding why people say that we can’t make a change after 2 seasons. I know that it’s unlikely and not something that has probably ever happened at Tulane but it happens at plenty of other places. Wouldn’t be crazy for us to make a change.
Show Me
Tsunami

sader24 wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:02 pm I may get laughed at here, but hear me out. Tulane Baseball interest is at an all time low. I have not watched or listened to one game this season. Much bigger fans than I are not attending games. Go hire Andy Cannizaro. He probably will come alot cheaper than he would have. He had a marital indiscretion and a lack of judgement, but he would still inject an immense amount of interest and enthusiasm immediately into this program that nobody else will be able to do without multiple straight successful seasons. If you don't want to hire him, go hire Jake Gautreau, go after Riser with big money, etc. You have to go get somebody who will inject something into the fanbase immediately. This Jewett experiment just seems like we are wandering aimlessly in the desert. I suggest Cannizaro because it seems Dannen doesn't seem like he wants to spend much on baseball. You can probably get him at a discount and he's probably looking for a second chance to redeem himself. He hasn't done much that numerous other successful coaches have done in their personal life including some of Tulane's favorites. There is literally no interest in this program at this point. If Dannen has no interest in baseball the smart move is to go find a Tulane guy, give him the reigns and just let him run the baseball program on his own accord and let Dannen focus on Football and Basketball. I feel like this situation was so avoidable and is just so stupid at this point.
Brilliant! Hopefully Troy has the guts to do
It!!!
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

+1,000,000 Great post. It just sucks we all know Tulane is above ever doing something like hiring Cannizaro at this point.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
ajcalhoun
Swell

Does anyone know Coach Jewett's contract details? Specifically, how much of a buyout would have to be paid? I very much doubt that TD wants to pay two head coach's salaries.
God Bless Everyone!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I think that less than three months after AC resigned in the wake of his scandal is too soon to consider bringing him in to coach Tulane Baseball. I agree with the suggestion that Sader had, I just think it's too soon to bring someone in who resigned under the black cloud of scandal that was hovering when AC left Mississippi State.

It's not a bad idea. I just don't think the timing is right. Al Davis, Dan Snyder or Mark Cuban are not our AD or University President. For better or worse, Tulane is more concerned with it's overall reputation than it is with success on the baseball diamond.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 10:50 am I think that less than three months after AC resigned in the wake of his scandal is too soon to consider bringing him in to coach Tulane Baseball. I agree with the suggestion that Sader had, I just think it's too soon to bring someone in who resigned under the black cloud of scandal that was hovering when AC left Mississippi State.

It's not a bad idea. I just don't think the timing is right. Al Davis, Dan Snyder or Mark Cuban are not our AD or University President. For better or worse, Tulane is more concerned with it's overall reputation than it is with success on the baseball diamond.
This.

Unless a big time donor steps up, AC is going to being staying put in his 2 bedroom condo.
galvezwave
Swell

This is college baseball. Hiring AC today wouldn’t generate a ripple outside of a couple idiots in Baton Rouge, who would all take AC today. Barely anyone outside the tri-state area knows who Andy Cannizaro is .

On a side note, nick saben is a legendary womanizer. Nobody cares. He’s not a criminal and neither is Andy. I could give a rats ass what anyone would think of Tulane taking Andy
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

It's always good to shake things up and keep those in charge on their toes. I've posted a poll on Twitter, so no matter what your opinion is, I welcome your votes either way. Retweet and let's at least get some conversation started outside of GOTULA.
https://twitter.com/goTULANEt/status/993955734701395969
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

NOLABigSteve wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 4:08 pm It's always good to shake things up and keep those in charge on their toes. I've posted a poll on Twitter, so no matter what your opinion is, I welcome your votes either way. Retweet and let's at least get some conversation started outside of GOTULA.
Again, I don't disagree, and 2 out of 3 feel we should hire AC. But keep in mind the ones that voted are mostly Tulane baseball fans or simply Tulane die-hards. Not a true sample of public opinion. And I just don't think Tulane (or any prestigious university) is going to hire Andy this soon.

But it would be a great hire, and bring Tulane baseball back into contender status, rather than the pretenders we are right now.
Houma de Wave
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 12:20 pm
NOLABigSteve wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 4:08 pm It's always good to shake things up and keep those in charge on their toes. I've posted a poll on Twitter, so no matter what your opinion is, I welcome your votes either way. Retweet and let's at least get some conversation started outside of GOTULA.
Again, I don't disagree, and 2 out of 3 feel we should hire AC. But keep in mind the ones that voted are mostly Tulane baseball fans or simply Tulane die-hards. Not a true sample of public opinion. And I just don't think Tulane (or any prestigious university) is going to hire Andy this soon.

But it would be a great hire, and bring Tulane baseball back into contender status, rather than the pretenders we are right now.
Public opinion? The public doesn't care. The diehards REALLY care.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Profoundwizard wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:17 pm
I think it’s a great idea and you’re 100% correct about interest being at an all-time low.
I’m not understanding why people say that we can’t make a change after 2 seasons. I know that it’s unlikely and not something that has probably ever happened at Tulane but it happens at plenty of other places. Wouldn’t be crazy for us to make a change.
We shouldn't have to wait any longer than we already have to know this guy isn't going to take the Tulane Baseball Program anywhere but the toilet--which is where we are now. The writing is on the wall, TJ isn't going to make us competitive, not now, not next year, and not in 2021, or whatever crazy year was projected for TJ's success. We should have known after about 2 days (not 2 years) that this guy will never get it done--when it became apparent that fashion was higher on his priority list than effective pitching. I hope we go after AC, and Dannen can put all the moral handcuffs he wants on Andy. If there is any lesson for Andy to learn, in his own debacle, I have to believe he has already learned it. I would agree that normally Tulane would not sully itself trying to resurrect a fallen individual--but the collapse of our baseball program has created an urgent situation that requires some atypical actions. I suspect the antics of some of AC's family, following the hiring of TJ, will be the more likely cause if we don't go after AC.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
capwave
High Tide

I hate to burst anyone’s bubble but TD is in no way getting rid of Jewett As a matter of fact he thinks the guy hung the moon and doesn’t understand why the fans are so hard on him. This changed my opinion of Dannen as being a competent AD.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

capwave wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 9:38 pm I hate to burst anyone’s bubble but TD is in no way getting rid of Jewett. As a matter of fact he thinks the guy hung the moon and doesn’t understand why the fans are so hard on him. This changed my opinion of Dannen as being a competent AD.
No doubt we have a better team than we’re showing.
Tulane Class of 1981
Jaxwave
Swell

Guy, my honest opinion is it makes no difference who the coach is. The NCAA rule changes regarding transfers and scholarships along with Tulane's high tuition will hinder the program forever. We can all hope and dream and pray but my opinion is we're done as a real contender in baseball. May catch lightning and make a regional every few years but that will be the exception going forward.
For what it's worth, due to the gym, I'm not optimistic that basketball will get much better buy I do think if we can keep Fritz for a lengthy period we can be a bowl team most years. Never thought I'd ever say that.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Jaxwave wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 9:55 pm Guy, my honest opinion is it makes no difference who the coach is. The NCAA rule changes regarding transfers and scholarships along with Tulane's high tuition will hinder the program forever. We can all hope and dream and pray but my opinion is we're done as a real contender in baseball. May catch lightning and make a regional every few years but that will be the exception going forward.
For what it's worth, due to the gym, I'm not optimistic that basketball will get much better buy I do think if we can keep Fritz for a lengthy period we can be a bowl team most years. Never thought I'd ever say that.
Then you are fucking clueless. It’s not a coincidence that when David Pierce was here the team was good. He’s a very good coach. If you’re paying any attention at all, it’s obvious that it matters who the coach is.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Profoundwizard wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 5:24 am
Jaxwave wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 9:55 pm Guy, my honest opinion is it makes no difference who the coach is. The NCAA rule changes regarding transfers and scholarships along with Tulane's high tuition will hinder the program forever. We can all hope and dream and pray but my opinion is we're done as a real contender in baseball. May catch lightning and make a regional every few years but that will be the exception going forward.
Then you are f**cking clueless. It’s not a coincidence that when David Pierce was here the team was good. He’s a very good coach. If you’re paying any attention at all, it’s obvious that it matters who the coach is.
I agree, no matter what the challenges and obstacles, coaching always matters. How many high end high school baseball players are going to want to go to a program where they are treated, and expected to behave, like something out of the Stepford Wives?
HoustonWave
Tsunami

capwave wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 9:38 pm I hate to burst anyone’s bubble but TD is in no way getting rid of Jewett As a matter of fact he thinks the guy hung the moon and doesn’t understand why the fans are so hard on him. This changed my opinion of Dannen as being a competent AD.
If Dannen can't understand why so many fans are down on TJ, tell him to come watch a few games, and then maybe he will understand. Short of that, tell him to look at the W/L record--either should clearly help him understand why we're down on TJ. Maybe the Tulane AD office has a curse on it, and anyone who sits in it loses objectivity, or the ability to see the obvious. In typical Tulane style, I guess we'll just have to gnash our teeth for a couple more years until Dannen gets his wake-up call on TJ.