Wave robbed in Tulsa 91-89

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Looking to rebound:

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... b194b.html

The game will be at 6 on ESPNews.
Last edited by winwave on Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Tulsa is favored by 8.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

winwave wrote:Tulsa is favored by 8.
Line opens Tulsa 8 pts. > Wave (Rotation nos. 521-522 for Vegas Sheet).

O/U 146

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-bas ... las-vegas/
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Frazier and Embo both out
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:Frazier and Embo both out
We should expect to be down 15. At the half, right?

WHAT? Tulane leads by 10!!!
galvezwave
Swell

:shock: : no embo, no Frazier. Then proceed to have as good a half of basketball in weeks
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

What a fun first half. If Sehic could make his free throws, like he did early in the year, we'd be up 15+
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
GreenLantern
Riptide

Colin Slater having a great game. Making us ask Embo who?
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Sehic got the T when the Tulsa player jumped up in his face and yelled foul! He replied "all ball" (on the block). BS call. They miss the FT's, but thats Sehic's 3rd foul (corrected, I thought it was his 4th). BS. And Tulsa has gotten away with at least half a dozen traveling offenses.

Keep Rolling Wave!
Last edited by DfromCT on Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreenLantern
Riptide

DfromCT wrote:Sehic got the T when the Tulsa player jumped up in his face and yelled foul! He replied "all ball" (on the block). BS call.
TV clearly showing Sehic being tackled. Mugged. The worst no-call of the season.
galvezwave
Swell

We're not going to be able to hang on and that sucks. We need a tough thug like the guy that keeps tangling up with sehic. We need one of those. Bad.
Pepper
Swell

Disgraceful officiating and disgraceful free throw shooting.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

OMG, the no foul calls at the end when Reynolds is going up with the ball really screwed us.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Reynolds in an awful slump. Not the same player we saw in the early season.

Don't like our chances in OT
Wave755
Tsunami

Heartbreaker in OT: Tulsa 91, Wave 89
JerseyWave
Riptide

Terrible officiating on both sides. Reynolds missed two key free throws in the last minute and then was mugged under the basket as time expired. Lack of depth was the killer. Dunleavy has to recruit guys who are ready to play major college basketball. No more projects. Tulane was dead when you have to play two walk ons in overtime. Frustrating loss.
Houma de Wave
Swell

DfromCT wrote:OMG, the no foul calls at the end when Reynolds is going up with the ball really screwed us.
These clowns officiating this game should be suspended for the rest of the season. Hand it to Dunleavy for this effort without 2 of your starters.
AugWave
Swell

My cousin is a Tulsa grad. He just called.

Cuz: Say son, I'm sorry it had to be that way. I'm happy we won, but sorry it had to be like that. You were robbed all game."
Me: "...... man f**k you" *click*
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Man that's tough to take. Start shorthanded with two starters out but Slater and Daniels stepped up. We had that early rough patch where we got down 9 but then started playing really well on both ends. We played like we did in the win over Temple. We were active on defense and getting our hands on a lot of balls and we were really moving the ball well and attacking inside on offense. Really pretty to watch. Then after their coach went ballistic on the refs they started calling the game for Tulsa. It was so blatant the announcers were saying how bad the calls were. Reynolds once again missed two FT's at a critical point and we go to OT shorthanded and lose. A real shame.
GreenLantern
Riptide

The only stat you need to know:

Free throws: Tulane 15 of 25 Tulsa 29 of 40
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

for those wishing to vent their feelings and or views regarding the Ref's for the Tulsa game or for that matter all the games, please contact the following two dumb assesn
Nate [email protected] 401-244-3278..Deputy Commish of Mens Basketball
Mark [email protected] 401-244-3278... BMIC of Mens Basketball Officials
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Refs were bad no doubt. But once again we lost the game on the FT line. Just make one more in regulation and we win. There’s no guarantee we make a FT if that foul was called at the end of regulation they way we shot it tonight.
Credit to the coaches to overcome the injuries and stay in this game all night. It’s a shame we had to lose it.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wavetrader
Low Tide

I see that everyone has said it above, but I'll say it again. If Reynolds and Sehic can hit their FTs then we definitely win this game and perhaps would've won against Temple last Sunday too. This team has little margin for error. That said, the Refs were horrible. Finally, I hate frickn Tulsa more than any team in the AAC. Their BB coach is low class. I wish Fritz would've laid 100 points on them in football. Hopefully we draw them in the AAC tourney and we can get some measure of revenge. There, I've vented. I feel better now!
"There is winning and there is misery". BP
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:Refs were bad no doubt. But once again we lost the game on the FT line. Just make one more in regulation and we win. There’s no guarantee we make a FT if that foul was called at the end of regulation they way we shot it tonight.
Credit to the coaches to overcome the injuries and stay in this game all night. It’s a shame we had to lose it.
Yep. I was just coming back to say it wasn't just Reynolds missing them. Just like the last game we missed too many and we once again missed the front ends of one-and -one's. We thought this issue was behind us but it's back and we need to get it fixed.
Jaxwave
Swell

Unbelievable effort by the team and coaches. As I watched the game I just kept saying the basketball gods will get these kids this win,and damn if they didn’t. Only one glitch, even the basketball gods can’t overcome the officials. Reynolds should have been at the foul line needing only 1 of 2 for the win.
I kinda feel bad for Reynolds as he is more of a perimeter player who is asked to play with the bigs and he just isn’t comfortable with the physicality under the basket at either end.
One more point the best box out I’ve seen all year came from the walk on in overtime. With all of the easy baskets given up by this team on drives to the basket and offensive rebounds, not so sure that kid shouldn’t have been tried a little more this year. Likewise Slater has some shooting skills and might have helped against all the zones we’ve seen this year had he been used some more.