Signing Day Thread 2018

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Keitha Jones, LB, signed as has Alfred Thomas , a DT from Alabama. These are positions of much need. Glad to see Thomas added to the haul we already had at that position and glad to see us get a LB. Probably the last spot goes to Prime Garland,DL, or La'dedric Jackson, a LB.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Jackson signed giving us another LB. That was a position that was left wanting after the early signing period. That's the class and it turned out well.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Thanks for this thread, win. I didn't see it when I made the comment in the 2018 recruiting thread. Is Jackson from the same school as Thomas? Both are from Birmingham, if I'm not mistaken. One actually had quite a few P5 offers, including that school in Red Stick.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote:Thanks for this thread, win. I didn't see it when I made the comment in the 2018 recruiting thread. Is Jackson from the same school as Thomas? Both are from Birmingham, if I'm not mistaken. One actually had quite a few P5 offers, including that school in Red Stick.
look for info on the 2018 recruiting thread...a pic of him signing..and rivals info
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

They are from the same school D.

This has always been a thread on the main page as it impacts the program so much and always draws huge interest. The day is diminished some by the early signing date but it's still an important day and event.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Here you go.
https://twitter.com/FearTheWaveBlog/sta ... 1877524480
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:Here you go.
https://twitter.com/FearTheWaveBlog/sta ... 1877524480
Wow! Impressive!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

Didn't realize but Alfred Thomas is part of the ESPN300, sort of. For some reason ESPN has 296 players rated an 81 or higher, and then 4 players at 80 who make up the 300. Not sure what they used to determine which 4 players at 80 made the cut, because there's another 30 or so also rated as an 80. Alfred Thomas is one of them, as is Jeffery Johnson. I think we got much better on the DL this class.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
wave97
Swell

The number 1 ranked player in the country (Rivals), a 6"5" Pro-Style Qb has chosen Clemson? WTF? Who does that?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Much better than what we have been accustomed to. Now lets go win a bunch of games and a Bowl Game and kick it up yet another notch.

BTW, another reason for a signing day thread to be on the main forum is these players are no longer recruits. They are Tulane Football Players! Welcome aboard!!!
JerseyWave
Riptide

I love this class especially on the defensive side. We really loaded up with talent on the D-line and secondary. The only negative for this recruiting cycle was the Lindsey Scott drama. Imagine what kind of team we can have with three consecutive recruiting classes of at least this caliber. I also watched a video of kicker Sterling Stockwell at a camp. Impressive leg. Can’t wait for preseason camp.
RobertM320
Green Wave

According to Rivals, we had the fifth best class in all of G5. The only bad news is, three of the four above us are also in the AAC.

We'll end up with 20-21 3stars according to 247, and our average should be close to .8300. Best we've had since 2000 was a .8003.
Pepper
Swell

JerseyWave wrote:I love this class especially on the defensive side. We really loaded up with talent on the D-line and secondary. The only negative for this recruiting cycle was the Lindsey Scott drama. Imagine what kind of team we can have with three consecutive recruiting classes of at least this caliber. I also watched a video of kicker Sterling Stockwell at a camp. Impressive leg. Can’t wait for preseason camp.
Agree 100%.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote:The number 1 ranked player in the country (Rivals), a 6"5" Pro-Style Qb has chosen Clemson? WTF? Who does that?
DeShaun Watson did. He was the #1 ranked QB in college football, by a good margin, his last two years at Clemson. Watson would have been NFL rookie of the year by a HUGE margin (with all due respect to Alvin Kamara) had he not been injured. He was on pace to SHATTER rookie QB records in the NFL. If he stays healthy he'll be an all-time great. And shame on those teams that passed him up in the draft after his coach rightly declared him the best player in D1 after he beat Alabama for the national championship.

What other team, outside of Alabama, has been to the CFP the last three years? Clemson under Dabo Sweeney (an Alabama alum) has become a football powerhouse. I hope the player lives up to his hype and that Clemson can take down Alabama or the other SEC teams that make the playoff a few more times in the coming years.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:According to Rivals, we had the fifth best class in all of G5. The only bad news is, three of the four above us are also in the AAC.

We'll end up with 20-21 3stars according to 247, and our average should be close to .8300. Best we've had since 2000 was a .8003.
And we have our first 4 star recruit since 2012, one of a select few that went to non-P5 schools. This is a very good class, Fritz and staff did a great job stepping up the recruiting.

ROLL WAVE!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:
wave97 wrote:The number 1 ranked player in the country (Rivals), a 6"5" Pro-Style Qb has chosen Clemson? WTF? Who does that?
DeShaun Watson did. He was the #1 ranked QB in college football, by a good margin, his last two years at Clemson. Watson would have been NFL rookie of the year by a HUGE margin (with all due respect to Alvin Kamara) had he not been injured. He was on pace to SHATTER rookie QB records in the NFL. If he stays healthy he'll be an all-time great. And shame on those teams that passed him up in the draft after his coach rightly declared him the best player in D1 after he beat Alabama for the national championship.

What other team, outside of Alabama, has been to the CFP the last three years? Clemson under Dabo Sweeney (an Alabama alum) has become a football powerhouse. I hope the player lives up to his hype and that Clemson can take down Alabama or the other SEC teams that make the playoff a few more times in the coming years.
Well said. I was a little puzzled at the post. Was wondering if it was a sarcastic shot at Bama or something.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

chain gang x man
Swell

chain gang x man
Swell

Wave QB
Swell

Credit to this staff. I haven’t been this excited about a recruiting class since 2013. I am very impressed.
chain gang x man
Swell

Tulane adds luster to breakthrough signing class

Plenty of factors contributed to Tulane's 14 losing records in its past 15 years of football, but the primary reason was pretty simple. By any evaluation standard, the Green Wave's players have not been as talented as most of its opponents. ...
http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... 72f66.html
RobertM320
Green Wave

Was just looking through the 247 list of signees and noticed a couple of things. We're currently #3 in AAC, and #66 overall. Now, UCF only lists 19 recruits, probably due to the coaching change. You have to believe they'll fill those spots up and maybe pass us up, depending on who's still available. I also noticed that they upgraded Ygenio Booker's composite score up to a 3 star rating. Our overall composite rating is .8265, best ever for us by far. 20 of the 25 on the list are 3 stars, then you have to add the grad transfer Granier and the PWO kicker Stockwell that was highly rated as well. We've done VERY well this season. Let's hope it pans out on the field the next couple of years.

I saw a quote from Fritz recently that was interesting. He makes sure the current players know that every recruiting year they are looking for players that are better than them. Basically saying, you need to continually develop or we'll bring someone better in. I like that.
chain gang x man
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:Was just looking through the 247 list of signees and noticed a couple of things. We're currently #3 in AAC, and #66 overall. Now, UCF only lists 19 recruits, probably due to the coaching change. You have to believe they'll fill those spots up and maybe pass us up, depending on who's still available. I also noticed that they upgraded Ygenio Booker's composite score up to a 3 star rating. Our overall composite rating is .8265, best ever for us by far. 20 of the 25 on the list are 3 stars, then you have to add the grad transfer Granier and the PWO kicker Stockwell that was highly rated as well. We've done VERY well this season. Let's hope it pans out on the field the next couple of years.

I saw a quote from Fritz recently that was interesting. He makes sure the current players know that every recruiting year they are looking for players that are better than them. Basically saying, you need to continually develop or we'll bring someone better in. I like that.
Is Stockwell a PWO or scholarship?

✅ Signed

The No.20 ranked #KohlsKicking kicker in America, Sterling Stockwell, makes it official and signs with #Tulane. #SigningDay

➡️ kohlskicking.com/player-profile…
#NSD #RollWave #UptownBound18
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

This Class is confirmation that Tulane now has a professional Coaching Staff...a place you can come. be coached and get noticed..all of this PEE bullshit is just that, bullshit...if you can get properly coached, and developed, the NFL will find you ...Hell, the NFL found ITTA BENA, Mississippi population 2,000 and found Jerry Rice. There are more "catfish" living in Itta Bena than humans. for those needing directions
https://www.mapquest.com/us/ms/itta-bena-282031318
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

chain gang x man wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:Was just looking through the 247 list of signees and noticed a couple of things. We're currently #3 in AAC, and #66 overall. Now, UCF only lists 19 recruits, probably due to the coaching change. You have to believe they'll fill those spots up and maybe pass us up, depending on who's still available. I also noticed that they upgraded Ygenio Booker's composite score up to a 3 star rating. Our overall composite rating is .8265, best ever for us by far. 20 of the 25 on the list are 3 stars, then you have to add the grad transfer Granier and the PWO kicker Stockwell that was highly rated as well. We've done VERY well this season. Let's hope it pans out on the field the next couple of years.

Is Stockwell a PWO or scholarship?

✅ Signed

The No.20 ranked #KohlsKicking kicker in America, Sterling Stockwell, makes it official and signs with #Tulane. #SigningDay

➡️ kohlskicking.com/player-profile…
#NSD #RollWave #UptownBound18
He's a PWO.