Embarrassing Home Loss to USF

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Home Cooking:

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... c0d7e.html

The game is at 8 on Thursday on ESPNU. Hopefully we don't just win but clobber them.
Last edited by winwave on Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
GreenLantern
Riptide

A must win game. Absolutely must win this to keep the season progressing.
Wave755
Tsunami

Line opens Wave 15 pts. > USF (Rotation nos. 553-554 for Vegas Sheet). :D

O/U 139

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-bas ... las-vegas/
Last edited by Wave755 on Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ruski
Swell

Honestly if we lose any of the USF/ECU games the whole season will go down 2 letter grades. It's great to inconsistently win upset games but if you're inconsistent against shit teams, none of it matters. Building a program >>>>> quick big wins.
Wave755
Tsunami

Line now moves to Wave by 13.5 pts, let's hope we are "on" tonight for this game. I believe we all agree, this is a very tough team to read.
Ruski
Swell

Interesting stat posted on AAC board:

Tulane- current RPI 89- with a win goes down to 98, with a loss goes down to 127
nawlinspete
Riptide

Even though we are better than 0-7 at 3-4 last games we are struggling in conference play .

A large and raucous crowd not withstanding the poor opponent and live TV would certainly help tonight and with longer term perceptions .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Ruski wrote:Interesting stat posted on AAC board:

Tulane- current RPI 89- with a win goes down to 98, with a loss goes down to 127
Wow. Interesting stat for sure.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
OUG
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:

Wow. Interesting stat for sure.
That implies all else being equal in other games though. Other teams around us could lose too.

Just win and forget RPI for a second. We have three very winnable games coming up. Win those and we will be 15-7, 6-4. If we can win 5 of our last 8 from there, we are looking at 20-10 (11-7), RPI around 75. That puts us squarely in the NIT strike zone. But this assumes we win all four against ECU/UCF, beat Temple at home, and win 2/3 of @Tulsa, Memphis, and @UCF.
Jaxwave
Swell

Not sure a team that can’t shoot can beat anybody playing a zone.
capwave
High Tide

This is fricking disgusting, they can’t make a shot and they can’t defend. They should be embarrassed
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

There she goes. :oops:
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

Final: USF 80, Tulane 75

Can't figure this team.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote:Final: USF 80, Tulane 75

Can't figure this team.
Actually it’s easy. They play to the level of their competition. Good competition they play well. Avg competition they play avg. Poor competition they play poor.
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:
Wave755 wrote:Final: USF 80, Tulane 75

Can't figure this team.
Actually it’s easy. They play to the level of their competition. Good competition they play well. Avg competition they play avg. Poor competition they play poor.
Vegas can't figure them either.
rollinggreen
High Tide

I truly wish nothing but misery on every Tulane athlete that they continuouly bestow upon the fans. That was disgraceful what those pieces of crap did tonight. I am done with these turds!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

There's no excuse for this. These guys should be starved for wins.They aren't that talented. They need to bring their A game every night. They had been building interest and tonight they started driving it away. Just sickening.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

some of the worse passing, transition defense, and man to man "D' I have ever witnessed....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
GreenLantern
Riptide

There was a very telling moment in the post-game interview with Coach Dunleavy. When asked about his plans for the next few days, he said that he would try and get the team prepared for ECU while also working on recruiting. When Graf asked for specifics concerning recruiting, Dunleavy replied, "to get better players." He did not say that he was recruiting for speed, defense, or outside shooters. He said that he was recruiting better players. As in, better overall than the ones we have on this team.

A good friend accompanied me to see his first Tulane game tonight. He was impressed by the enthusiasm that was on display from a fair-sized crowd. When the game was over and we were walking back to the car he remarked, "Tulane really has some great fans considering how badly the team plays." Yeah....you right, I thought. Think he will want to attend another game?
GreenLantern
Riptide

rollinggreen wrote:I truly wish nothing but misery on every Tulane athlete that they continuouly bestow upon the fans. That was disgraceful what those pieces of crap did tonight. I am done with these turds!
I share your pain, but this comment is out of line.
Ruski
Swell

ECU, a team that lost to Radford, Central Connecticut, North Carolina A&T, and Charlotte, was able to beat USF twice! Once by 38 points! ECU is ranked 276 and was able to take care of USF TWICE!!!

I had hopes we might sneak into the NIT or at least be on the bubble. That hope is dashed. Done watching til football season... :cry:
galvezwave
Swell

Some of you guys act like you've never watched Tulane sports. I mean, THIS was your breaking point? I could come up with a hundred better ones.
galvezwave
Swell

I put this on the staff. USf's zone was weak , soft and slow. Sehic could have scored 50. All you have to do attack it. We chose to launch missed 3s all night. It doesn't matter who we play. We can beat or lose to anyone the way we operate offensively.
Pepper
Swell

Just a few observations: We were not prepared mentally nor emotionally for this game. The scene before the game in the locker room looked like city park stadium. I hope we are not bringing recruits to see the gym or the team play. We have a NBA coach who's team plays like the Pels.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Bigschtick
Riptide

We suck. Very discouraging.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!