Lindsey Scott at his 5th different school

Talk about the latest recruits here.
pansdad
Ripple

Glenn C. has enrolled somewhere, so he will not be reconsidering.

winwave
Top of the WAVE

puffy wrote:In a pinch, I think Bradwell going back to QB wouldn't be too difficult a transition.
That's a possibility but he can't throw the ball. We would be back to being one dimensional. Plus he's going to be needed at RB. The staff has time and hopefully will land some players at the position.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

pansdad wrote:Glenn C. has enrolled somewhere, so he will not be reconsidering.
Thanks. I knew he committed to Texas Southern but didn't know if was still at Tulane to finish up his degree this semester.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

winwave wrote:
pansdad wrote:Glenn C. has enrolled somewhere, so he will not be reconsidering.
Thanks. I knew he committed to Texas Southern but didn't know if was still at Tulane to finish up his degree this semester.
As is apparently true for Scott, Friday was for most schools the last day to register for the Spring 2018 semester. So GC is gone, but still remains those fan memories for in particular his performance for the ULALA overtime game in 2016. That was a fun night and GC really came through for us.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:
puffy wrote:In a pinch, I think Bradwell going back to QB wouldn't be too difficult a transition.
That's a possibility but he can't throw the ball. We would be back to being one dimensional. Plus he's going to be needed at RB. The staff has time and hopefully will land some players at the position.
I'd take Bradwell over GC in a heartbeat. He's way more athletic.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

That's nice but he can't throw the ball and that's why he was moved. We don't want to be one dimensional again. GC would have had receivers now that he didn't have then.
greenphantom
Swell

Agree with WW. We need to keep Bradwell at RB where he can be will be really good. Desperately need a transfer in at QB.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

direct from Columbia Mizzou...the "merits" of having a WR's Coach as OC...( I wonder if RD was a consultant )

http://www.columbiatribune.com/sports/2 ... on-offense
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Houma de Wave
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:direct from Columbia Mizzou...the "merits" of having a WR's Coach as OC...( I wonder if RD was a consultant )

How do displace/replace an experienced All-conference QB?
Last edited by Houma de Wave on Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Houma de Wave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:direct from Columbia Mizzou...the "merits" of having a WR's Coach as OC...( I wonder if RD was a consultant )

How do displace/replace an experienced All inference QB?
replacing the incumbent is very easy...ya just stuff him the " backpack " and shoulder onward
Last edited by golfnut69 on Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Wave755 wrote:
HoustonWave wrote:I don't feel like we, or any other schools are being played. I just think this kid is probably getting some very questionable advice, and is essentially frozen into inaction at this time. The best evidence of this is that he has probably foregone any chance of participating in spring training, anywhere, which can't help his chances of playing time in the fall. The only remaining chance of getting much playing time in the fall is to now delay his decision further until there is a school, somewhere, desperate for an immediate starter.
Maybe so, he and his dad did ignore well intended and good advice from many corners not to sign with LSU but he did so anyway. For that poor decision the only thing Lindsey ultimately got was using up a year of eligibility at junior college.

Every player wants a P5 top program offer but I don't think Lindsey will ever get one. Preferred walk-on at Georgia? I doubt Mizzou is what he is looking for or he would have already signed with Mizzou by this past January 15th.
Completely agree. What he and his father want just isn't out there. But they seem to be unable to get past that fact, and move on to the next best option--Tulane. Not only would he not start at Mizzou next year, I think Mizzou is in for some pretty rough seasons going forward.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
GreenLantern
Riptide

C'mon, man! We all want Lindsey Scott to enroll at Tulane. By the number of posts on both Tulane boards, it is obvious that we are eternally obsessed with the idea.

Nothing could be more exciting for anyone who has emotional equity in Tulane than the idea of young Scott enrolling in our school. Today! Invigorating our university with a season that will garner national media attention. Propelling our football program into the top 10. Inspiring movie deals. Yada. Yada. Yada.

Please. Try this mental exercise: Close your eyes and pretend you live in Iowa. You read about a young man that is nationally ranked in the top ten junior college QBs. He has offers from a number of universities including an SEC school. Rumors abound that discussions are taking place with other football powerhouses. And then you read about a group of folks that follow Tulane University (isn't that somewhere in the South?), a school that has played in a bowl game once each decade for the last century. These folks are impatient, incensed even, at the fact that Scott doesn't immediately enroll. What?

I want Lindsey Scott at Tulane as much as anyone. I also wanted the homecoming queen to be my prom date. Was never going to happen. Looking back, I can take comfort in knowing that my eventual date proved to be quite an enterprising choice. Let's chill and let Coach Fritz do the job for which he seems quite capable. Who knows? We might get lucky.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

GL I get your perspective. But again it's why these fan forums exist. Most here don't have anyone to talk to about Tulane athletics. It's just viewed as such a joke here. So people come and vent. It's fine. If anything he read on a message board scared him off then he's certainly not someone anyone should want. I've said from the beginning that his father is a problem. It is playing out that way. Fritz is doing his job by continuing to pursue him. He wanted him badly even before the departures. He has to want him even more now. May we get the shocking announcement that he's coming here and may he play up to all the expectations and then some.
MicMan
Swell

GreenLantern wrote:C'mon, man! We all want Lindsey Scott to enroll at Tulane. By the number of posts on both Tulane boards, it is obvious that we are eternally obsessed with the idea.

Nothing could be more exciting for anyone who has emotional equity in Tulane than the idea of young Scott enrolling in our school. Today! Invigorating our university with a season that will garner national media attention. Propelling our football program into the top 10. Inspiring movie deals. Yada. Yada. Yada.

Please. Try this mental exercise: Close your eyes and pretend you live in Iowa. You read about a young man that is nationally ranked in the top ten junior college QBs. He has offers from a number of universities including an SEC school. Rumors abound that discussions are taking place with other football powerhouses. And then you read about a group of folks that follow Tulane University (isn't that somewhere in the South?), a school that has played in a bowl game once each decade for the last century. These folks are impatient, incensed even, at the fact that Scott doesn't immediately enroll. What?

I want Lindsey Scott at Tulane as much as anyone. I also wanted the homecoming queen to be my prom date. Was never going to happen. Looking back, I can take comfort in knowing that my eventual date proved to be quite an enterprising choice. Let's chill and let Coach Fritz do the job for which he seems quite capable. Who knows? We might get lucky.
I dated the homecoming queen. I told her that was a fine accomplishment. She said, "Yes, it's not easy sleeping with every guy in school."
GreenLantern
Riptide

MicMan wrote:I dated the homecoming queen. I told her that was a fine accomplishment. She said, "Yes, it's not easy sleeping with every guy in school."
Oh wow! I didn't know. I suppose you were one of the first to discover she(he) was transgender.
Wavetime
Swell

I never dated the Homecoming Queen. She was really hot too. Oh well, her loss.....
Wave755
Tsunami

HoustonWave wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
HoustonWave wrote:I don't feel like we, or any other schools are being played. I just think this kid is probably getting some very questionable advice, and is essentially frozen into inaction at this time. The best evidence of this is that he has probably foregone any chance of participating in spring training, anywhere, which can't help his chances of playing time in the fall. The only remaining chance of getting much playing time in the fall is to now delay his decision further until there is a school, somewhere, desperate for an immediate starter.
Maybe so, he and his dad did ignore well intended and good advice from many corners not to sign with LSU but he did so anyway. For that poor decision the only thing Lindsey ultimately got was using up a year of eligibility at junior college.

Every player wants a P5 top program offer but I don't think Lindsey will ever get one. Preferred walk-on at Georgia? I doubt Mizzou is what he is looking for or he would have already signed with Mizzou by this past January 15th.
Completely agree. What he and his father want just isn't out there. But they seem to be unable to get past that fact, and move on to the next best option--Tulane. Not only would he not start at Mizzou next year, I think Mizzou is in for some pretty rough seasons going forward.
Remember Scott was only offered by LSU after QB Felipe Franks de-committed and then declared for Florida. Scott and his dad appear incredulous the top P5s again show little interest in spite of his status as a former Louisiana Gatorade Player of the Year, and even after his excellent season at EMCC. I will be stunned if he enrollees at Mizzou assuming it is not already to late to do so. It appears he will now sit out the Spring semester but I don't see how anything changes for him during the summer & fall? And, I don't recall ever another JUCO making this kind of decision? :confused:
WeWave2
Ripple

Wave755 wrote:
HoustonWave wrote:
Wave755 wrote:

Remember Scott was only offered by LSU after QB Felipe Franks de-committed and then declared for Florida. Scott and his dad appear incredulous the top P5s again show little interest in spite of his status as a former Louisiana Gatorade Player of the Year, and even after his excellent season at EMCC. I will be stunned if he enrollees at Mizzou assuming it is not already to late to do so. It appears he will now sit out the Spring semester but I don't see how anything changes for him during the summer & fall? And, I don't recall ever another JUCO making this kind of decision? :confused:
I thought that Franks de-committed in Oct/Nov (2015).
Scott de-commits from Syracuse in late Jan (2016). Scott then Picks up Rutgers, Maryland, then LSU. Scott narrowed his choices down to Maryland/LSU, and didnt decide until almost signing day (almost 2 weeks later).

I don't know that the Scott's are looking for "top P5s". They've taken official visits to Kansas, Missouri, and Western Michigan. It could be that they just havent found the right fit.

Its just one player. Im sure WF has a solid alternative plan.
WeWave2
Ripple

winwave wrote:GL I get your perspective. But again it's why these fan forums exist. Most here don't have anyone to talk to about Tulane athletics. It's just viewed as such a joke here. So people come and vent. It's fine. If anything he read on a message board scared him off then he's certainly not someone anyone should want. I've said from the beginning that his father is a problem. It is playing out that way. Fritz is doing his job by continuing to pursue him. He wanted him badly even before the departures. He has to want him even more now. May we get the shocking announcement that he's coming here and may he play up to all the expectations and then some.
Scott may not want to be here. The father might be the only thing keeping us in the hunt. You never know. If we get him fine. If we dont, fine. But these people can only do what they feel is best for them.
Wave755
Tsunami

WeWave2 wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
HoustonWave wrote:
Wave755 wrote:

Scott de-commits from Syracuse in late Jan (2016). Scott then Picks up Rutgers, Maryland, then LSU. Scott narrowed his choices down to Maryland/LSU, and didnt decide until almost signing day (almost 2 weeks later).

I don't know that the Scott's are looking for "top P5s". They've taken official visits to Kansas, Missouri, and Western Michigan. It could be that they just havent found the right fit.

OK, this is how it went: Feleipe Franks de-committed in November 2015 from LSU after being verbally committed to 'dem Tigggers for about 18 months. Scott de-commits from Syracuse in mid-January 2016. LSU, which had not offered Scott, then offers Scott about the 3rd week of January 2016. At the time Scott then commits to LSU in the first week of February he says he had limited his choices to LSU, Harvard, Maryland & Tulane.

And, it was Scott's father who triumphantly made the first announcement on Twitter of his son's commitment to LSWho. Lindsey later followed with his own tweet for his commitment to LSU.

If Franks hadn't de-commited, LSWho, a top P5 in his own backyard, would have passed on Scott. Scott and his dad may have "chips on their shoulders" for why so many P5s have passed on Lindsey.
WeWave2
Ripple

Wave755 wrote:
WeWave2 wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
HoustonWave wrote:
Wave755 wrote:

OK, this is how it went: Feleipe Franks de-committed in November 2015 from LSU after being verbally committed to 'dem Tigggers for about 18 months. Scott de-commits from Syracuse in mid-January 2016. LSU, which had not offered Scott, then offers Scott about the 3rd week of January 2016. At the time Scott then commits to LSU in the first week of February he says he had limited his choices to LSU, Harvard, Maryland & Tulane.

And, it was Scott's father who triumphantly made the first announcement on Twitter of his son's commitment to LSWho. Lindsey later followed with his own tweet for his commitment to LSU.

If Franks hadn't de-commited, LSWho, a top P5 in his own backyard, would have passed on Scott. Scott and his dad may have "chips on their shoulders" for why so many P5s have passed on Lindsey.
Thanks for the history. So LSU offers two month after Franks decommitment. Scott commits 2 weeks later. Btw, I checked Scott's twitter (i know, I need a life). He announces his commitment (1/31/2016) and posted a pic of his mom. No tweets from pops (Why are we talking about pops lol).

This family was probably happy that he got offered, as opposed to having chip on their shoulder. Heck we didnt even offer until WF got the job, and only a month before LSU. Scott from all accounts is a good kid, from a good family.

And You are right, had Franks not jumped ship, Scott would not have been offered. Scott signed late, just as some will sign late with us. Thats how it goes. I hope that we dont result to bashing a kid or his family, simply cause he didnt sign with us. Our fan base is better than that.
Wave755
Tsunami

WeWave2 wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
WeWave2 wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
HoustonWave wrote:
Wave755 wrote:

Thanks for the history. So LSU offers two month after Franks decommitment. Scott commits 2 weeks later. Btw, I checked Scott's twitter (i know, I need a life). He announces his commitment (1/31/2016) and posted a pic of his mom. No tweets from pops (Why are we talking about pops lol).

This family was probably happy that he got offered, as opposed to having chip on their shoulder. Heck we didnt even offer until WF got the job, and only a month before LSU. Scott from all accounts is a good kid, from a good family.

And You are right, had Franks not jumped ship, Scott would not have been offered. Scott signed late, just as some will sign late with us. Thats how it goes. I hope that we dont result to bashing a kid or his family, simply cause he didnt sign with us. Our fan base is better than that.
No one is bashing anyone. Scott can do what he likes including sitting out the Spring semester. Our problem now is no one to back up Banks for next season. At this point Scott can walk-on at 'Bama for all we should care.
WeWave2
Ripple

Wave755 wrote:
WeWave2 wrote:
No one is bashing anyone. Scott can do what he likes including sitting out the Spring semester. Our problem now is no one to back up Banks for next season. At this point Scott can walk-on at 'Bama for all we should care.
Totally agree
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote: Every player wants a P5 top program offer but I don't think Lindsey will ever get one. Preferred walk-on at Georgia? I doubt Mizzou is what he is looking for or he would have already signed with Mizzou by this past January 15th.
After having visited Mizzo over the weekend he’s announcing tomorrow:
https://247sports.com/college/missouri/ ... -114053095
"It was a good weekend," Scott said. He is ranked by 247Sports as the No. 1 pro-style JUCO quarterback in this 2018 class.
"Decision in by tomorrow. Sitting down and weighing relevant factors."
Besides Mizzou, the 5-foot-11, 210-pound Scott is also considering Tulane and Kansas among others. The Tigers obviously got the last trip.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:
Wave755 wrote: Every player wants a P5 top program offer but I don't think Lindsey will ever get one. Preferred walk-on at Georgia? I doubt Mizzou is what he is looking for or he would have already signed with Mizzou by this past January 15th.
After having visited Mizzo over the weekend he’s announcing tomorrow:
https://247sports.com/college/missouri/ ... -114053095
"It was a good weekend," Scott said. He is ranked by 247Sports as the No. 1 pro-style JUCO quarterback in this 2018 class.
"Decision in by tomorrow. Sitting down and weighing relevant factors."
Besides Mizzou, the 5-foot-11, 210-pound Scott is also considering Tulane and Kansas among others. The Tigers obviously got the last trip.
Tomorrow's the day, and I wonder if Lindsey can still register for the Spring semester? http://registrar.tulane.edu/academic-calendar

And, one thing is for sure, Mizzou is not a top P5 program.