tpstulane wrote:
chain gang x man wrote:-1
Simi Bakare
https://twitter.com/simirollin/status/9 ... 8868127745
https://twitter.com/simirollin/status/9 ... 5748915200

Commit only until they sign that NLI.
OK, so we lost a 2 star running back, truly the end of the world? :lolgreen:
Can’t always go by the stars.
Matt Forte was a 2 star. I’m sure if he was committed WF didn’t want to lose him.

2 Stars to the NFL:
https://n.rivals.com/news/from-two-stars-to-nfl-3
Right now we still have 15 three stars committed; I wish Mr. Bakare the best of luck and remind Wave fans "he ain't the only fish in the sea."

Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Simi Bakare

Matt Forte was a 2 star. I’m sure if he was committed WF didn’t want to lose him.

2 Stars to the NFL:
While true, you may be "channeling" your "Buffet Bob" Toledo who told us the star system meant absolutely nothing. :headstand: Remember how "Buffet Bob" spent 5 years ferreting out and finding for us "diamonds in the rough"? :yes: I remember one year he even signed a guy who didn't even know Tulane had a Div. 1 football team until "Buffet Bob" made him his one and only Div. 1 offer. Those were the days! :lolgreen:

I am confident the WF way of signing lots of 3 stars will prove far more profitable for our program in the long run. :1thumb:
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Simi Bakare

2 Stars to the NFL:
While true, you may be "channeling" your "Buffet Bob" Toledo who told us the star system meant absolutely nothing. :headstand: Remember how "Buffet Bob" spent 5 years ferreting out and finding for us "diamonds in the rough"? :yes: I remember one year he even signed a guy who didn't even know Tulane had a Div. 1 football team until "Buffet Bob" made him his one and only Div. 1 offer. Those were the days! :lolgreen:

I am confident the WF way of signing lots of 3 stars will prove far more profitable for our program in the long run. :1thumb:
Channeling Willie Fritz:
Tulane coach Willie Fritz really liked his signing class last February, feeling his staff had unearthed several under-the radar newcomers who were better than their recruiting rankings.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Simi Bakare

2 Stars to the NFL:

Channeling Willie Fritz:
Tulane coach Willie Fritz really liked his signing class last February, feeling his staff had unearthed several under-the radar newcomers who were better than their recruiting rankings.
And, this year WF is going to like his class even more! :)
RobertM320
Green Wave

I hope this isn't a last minute reach because of McClain transferring. Just posted on Twitter. 6'5", 210 lb pro-style QB? three star, rated .8451 by 247.

Currently scheduled to make visits to Rice and W. Ky the next two weeks. Has a ton of offers, including a bunch of Ivys, the best of which are Boise St, Cincy, C Michigan, Colorado St, FAU, Troy, UAB. Four P5s recruiting him, but no offers.

Hudl video.
https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4006368/59 ... 21ccaf3098
https://twitter.com/rileysmith_9/status ... 6730412032
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Ruski
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:I hope this isn't a last minute reach because of McClain transferring. Just posted on Twitter. 6'5", 210 lb pro-style QB? three star, rated .8451 by 247.

Currently scheduled to make visits to Rice and W. Ky the next two weeks. Has a ton of offers, including a bunch of Ivys, the best of which are Boise St, Cincy, C Michigan, Colorado St, FAU, Troy, UAB. Four P5s recruiting him, but no offers.

Hudl video.
https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4006368/59 ... 21ccaf3098
https://twitter.com/rileysmith_9/status ... 6730412032
When I saw pro-style and his list of offers I was worried too. But if you watch his highlight tape he actually runs quite a lot, QB draws rather than options so he'd definitely have to redshirt to learn the system. He also absolutely bulldozes a number of kids. His passes looks phenomenal to me, floating right into his receivers laps or putting jump balls in the perfect spot. And you gotta love that his tall frame makes him look like a fresh Peyton. I would not be upset at all with his signing.

P.S. After some internet digging, found out he shared QB duties with a kid signed to Auburn. Could be a bit of a diamond in the rough. He sure has the measurables!
Jaxwave
Swell

He is from here in the Jacksonville area who alternated every series with a 4 star recruit Joey Gatewood who is a true dual threat QB going to Auburn. I know a lot of people here in Jax who have been puzzled as to why he hasn’t got more offers.
Ruski
Swell

"Manvel (Texas) 2018 three-star lineman Steven Shaw confirmed with 247Sports that he has two official visits set for later in January.

The 6-foot-4, 240-pound Shaw, who has been recruited at offensive tackle and defensive end, said he will officially visit Tulane on the weekend of Jan. 19, followed by an official visit the weekend of Jan. 26 to UNLV."

247 lists him as a 3 star, .8204 rating. He's "warm" on Tulane, La Tech, and UNLV. 6-4, 240 DE. UCONN, Kansas, Wyoming, UTSA other notable offers.

https://247sports.com/Player/Steven-Shaw-46042168
Ruski
Swell

Anthony Lewis Jr, 6'4 225lb TE out of Mobile who was high on Tulane for a long while announced today he'll be heading to Troy. This is seriously confusing to me. Guy had offers to play at Harvard, Yale, Miss State, Kentucky, Indiana, Navy, Army. And he picks TROY!?!?

For a guy that had his parents very heavily involved in his recruitment, it's really insane he'd make such a short sighted decision. SMH
ajcalhoun
Swell

Ruski wrote:Anthony Lewis Jr, 6'4 225lb TE out of Mobile who was high on Tulane for a long while announced today he'll be heading to Troy. This is seriously confusing to me. Guy had offers to play at Harvard, Yale, Miss State, Kentucky, Indiana, Navy, Army. And he picks TROY!?!?

For a guy that had his parents very heavily involved in his recruitment, it's really insane he'd make such a short sighted decision. SMH
That is a mind-boggling choice.

I only reason I can come up with is that as Bear Bryant once declared, "Pussy is undefeated."
God Bless Everyone!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Ruski wrote:Anthony Lewis Jr, 6'4 225lb TE out of Mobile who was high on Tulane for a long while announced today he'll be heading to Troy. This is seriously confusing to me. Guy had offers to play at Harvard, Yale, Miss State, Kentucky, Indiana, Navy, Army. And he picks TROY!?!?

Troy has a high octane offense and 11 wins this past season more than any of those other schools on the list. He’ll probably mostly block at those other schools vs Troy.
In their last 4 games they scored 42,62,32 and 50 points respectively. Just a guess as to why he may have choosen Troy. Didn’t hurt that they beat LSU either.
Tulane Class of 1981
Houma de Wave
Swell

tpstulane wrote:

Troy has a high octane offense and 11 wins this past season more than any of those other schools on the list. He’ll probably mostly block at those other schools vs Troy.
In their last 4 games they scored 42,62,32 and 50 points respectively. Just a guess as to why he may have choosen Troy. Didn’t hurt that they beat LSU either.
The nearsightedness of this decision is that the Troy coach, with continued success, will be gone as quickly as after this young man’s first season.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Houma de Wave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:

The nearsightedness of this decision is that the Troy coach, with continued success, will be gone as quickly as after this young man’s first season.
This is why it doesn't make sense for a recruit a program primarily for athletics unless it's one of the football factories, as those are the only programs that can be trusted to make a good hire if their coach quits/leaves.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Houma de Wave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:

That’s a nice problem to have.
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Houma de Wave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:

What won't change, is that it is close to home.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
ccap05
Surge

HoustonWave wrote:
Houma de Wave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:

What won't change, is that it is close to home.
Actually, Troy is further from Mobile than is New Orleans.

According to Al.com (Same as NOLA.COM):

"The three-star prospect, ranked No. 34 on the 247 composite rankings for 2018 prospects in Alabama, also had offers from Alabama State, Alcorn
State, Appalachian State, Arkansas State, Army, Florida Atlantic and Chattanooga among others."

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018 ... nd_an.html

Although AL.COM is not renowned for its journalistic exccellence, It seems that if he had an offer from Tulane it would probably have been mentioned considering that quality of the other programs mentioned.

On another Mobile related note, Tanner Lee just replaced an injured QB in the Senior Bowl. Who thinks we should start another TL topic?
galvezwave
Swell

Merrit to Arkansas state. Not that he was a legitimate recruit for Tulane
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

ccap05 wrote: Actually, Troy is further from Mobile than is New Orleans.

According to Al.com (Same as NOLA.COM):

"The three-star prospect, ranked No. 34 on the 247 composite rankings for 2018 prospects in Alabama, also had offers from Alabama State, Alcorn
State, Appalachian State, Arkansas State, Army, Florida Atlantic and Chattanooga among others."

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018 ... nd_an.html

Although AL.COM is not renowned for its journalistic exccellence, It seems that if he had an offer from Tulane it would probably have been mentioned considering that quality of the other programs mentioned.

On another Mobile related note, Tanner Lee just replaced an injured QB in the Senior Bowl. Who thinks we should start another TL topic?
You are right, it seems that he either didn't have an offer from Tulane, or it was rescinded.

And the Tanner Lee to the Senior Bowl news was posted in the Tanner Lee thread yesterday! No reason not to add another 10-15 pages on that thread about his Senior Bowl week. I'll bet he looks great in practice and in the game, as Senior Bowl is usually pretty vanilla without a lot of schemes, blitz's etc. His Senior Bowl experience may help him get drafted. Good for Tanner.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
WeWave2
Ripple

galvezwave wrote:Merrit to Arkansas state. Not that he was a legitimate recruit for Tulane
Maybe not. He is a legit NFL prospect
WeWave2
Ripple

ajcalhoun wrote:

That is a mind-boggling choice.

I only reason I can come up with is that as Bear Bryant once declared, "p**sy is undefeated."
Service academies are an automatic no for some athletes. With the coaching change at Miss. State its possible that the offer was no longer commitable. Ivy League offers are sometimes contingent on other factors (like improve SAT score), or spend the 1st year in a prep school. You just never know. I lot of things are fluid during recruiting. Cant assume that every offer listed on rivals or 247 is a commitable one.
Ruski
Swell

No Merritt means no Scott I'm guessing. Also no lewis jr or travon King, who picked temple this weekend. Striking out on a lot of higher end talent that would've put this class over the top.

Not great.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Just out of curiosity, who do we actually have available to play QB during spring practice? Is it only Banks, Hurst and Ledford? Or is Daniels in school?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Daniels will be here. They had moved Ledford to WR. Lots of reps to be had.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
greenphantom
Swell

I wonder if Merritt really chose Ark St over Tulane. I was surprised we were recruiting him considering he’s already been at 2 FBS schools and Last Chance U. He was kicked off Texas A&M’s team amid very serious allegations. I just don’t see Tulane would have really let him enroll.