Rich Rodriguez

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
wave97
Swell

Like the wishbone & veer in the late seventies & early eighties, the pure-play R/O Spread with a reliance on zone blocking up front has been marginalized. A pro scheme with r/o capabilities when needed, seems to be the trend. Alabama beat LSU last night with a Freshman dual threat QB who went unaccounted for on one play off the edge.

Wavetime
Swell

I like CWF. We need a QB and hopefully will get a JC this year. RR was so lucky with Shaun King. I still think he was the best QB he has had for his system.

However, as much as I like CWF, and I do believe we will win, I'd take RR in a heart beat.
ajcalhoun
Swell

winwave wrote: would need donors willing to pony up
RR will be had for pocket change after this season. His ship has sailed.
God Bless Everyone!
Wave755
Tsunami

RR is in his 5th year, and Arizona is now in "full reverse" for this season. Arizona will have a tough decision for whether to give RR a 6th year and hard to believe his recruiting isn't totally shot for this year.

For 1997 & 1998 RR was ahead on the curve but I am afraid the curve has caught up to RR.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote:RR is in his 5th year, and Arizona is now in "full reverse" for this season. Arizona will have a tough decision for whether to give RR a 6th year and hard to believe his recruiting isn't totally shot for this year.

For 1997 & 1998 RR was ahead on the curve but I am afraid the curve has caught up to RR.
Ahead of the curve, or the master of the curve ?.....with the correct players, any system can win....the field is still 120 yards long, only eleven players are allowed to participate at any one time....That posted, RR ain't gonna be at Tulane anytime soon, he shit in his mess kit 5 years ago
Last edited by golfnut69 on Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave755
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote:
Wave755 wrote:RR is in his 5th year, and Arizona is now in "full reverse" for this season. Arizona will have a tough decision for whether to give RR a 6th year and hard to believe his recruiting isn't totally shot for this year.

Ahead of the curve, or the master of the curve ?.....with the correct players, any system can win....the filed is still 120 yards long, only eleven players are allowed to participate at any one time....That posted, RR ain't gonna be at Tulane anytime soon, he sh*t in his mess kit 5 years ago
Darryl Royal "got ahead of the curve" in the late 60's and won a National Championship @ Texas running something called "the Wishbone." :wave:
winwave
Top of the WAVE

ajcalhoun wrote:
Like I said this is the place he can get the players he needs for his system. Too bad we'll likely never get to find out.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:
Like I said this is the place he can get the players he needs for his system. Too bad we'll likely never get to find out.
What...RR is at a prestigious PEE 5 school in beautiful, allergy free Arizona, close to California and he cannot get a player to fit his system ?!?!?!?
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:
winwave wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:
What...RR is at a prestigious PEE 5 school in beautiful, allergy free Arizona, close to California and he cannot get a player to fit his system ?!?!?!?
He's not getting the skill guys we have in abundance here. That's my point- we can provide what he needs. He can work around the other issues. He's shown that.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
winwave wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:
He's not getting the skill guys we have in abundance here. That's my point- we can provide what he needs. He can work around the other issues. He's shown that.
since Louisiana has so many of his type of players, why does he not recruit there more often ? LSU does not run "that system"...so there should be an abundance of potential players for RR to choose from ....one other tidbit, Leach runs basically the same 'system' yet he can get players to Washington State and RR cannot get them to 'Zona ?!?!?....Have U ever been to the Wassu ?... I have, it is beautiful scenery, but not much bigger than Hammond, LA !!!!
lurker123
Swell

WSU campus is 8 miles from Moscow, Idaho. Enough said.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

lurker123 wrote:WSU campus is 8 miles from Moscow, Idaho. Enough said.
and some guy name Putin is the mayor !!!!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:
winwave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
winwave wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:
since Louisiana has so many of his type of players, why does he not recruit there more often ? LSU does not run "that system"...so there should be an abundance of potential players for RR to choose from ....one other tidbit, Leach runs basically the same 'system' yet he can get players to Washington State and RR cannot get them to 'Zona ?!?!?....Have U ever been to the Wassu ?... I have, it is beautiful scenery, but not much bigger than Hammond, LA !!!!
golf - I didn't say he can't get them at Arizona. He has won 8,8,10 and 7 before this season. It's not working out there for him this year and a loss like yesterday may send him packing. Like I originally said he might realize this is where he can get what he needs in abundance and win at a high clip based on the low level of opposition.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:
winwave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
winwave wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:
LSU may not run that system but they signed Lindsey Scott and they sign top flight backs and receivers.
kingcole
Low Tide

IF RR would wind up here in the future after his first winning season (if there's one ) he would get on his horse and ride out of town.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

No he wouldn't and that's the type of thinking that cost us in 98. If he ends up here it's b/c the P5's don't want him anymore. It took a long time for him to get the Arizona offer. He wasn't their first choice.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

lurker123 wrote:WSU campus is 8 miles from Moscow, Idaho. Enough said.
The most requested song on Moscow, ID radio....cue the Beatles...'Back in the USSR' !!!!
JerseyWave
Riptide

Fired for alleged sexual harassment.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

JerseyWave wrote:Fired for alleged sexual harassment.
Just heard that. Tough way to go out.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Ruski
Swell

Pac12 in shambles. Should give Houston an easy "p5" win in 2018. Wonder who they'll be able to get as a replacement this late in the offseason...

Also wonder what the rules are on their players that signed early?
dpm wave
Swell

Last edited by dpm wave on Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

The Hollywood crowd has been hit, the politicians have been hit, the hypocritical media has been hit, so I'm won't be surprised if this is the first of college coaches to get hit. I bet there are some nervous dudes out there.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Wave755
Tsunami

Some reports say RR was fired without cause so if true Arizona will have to pay his contract. One article says an independent investigation failed to show sufficient evidence of sexual harassment to justify a termination for cause? The RR termination story seems to be still evolving?
JerseyWave
Riptide

Sounds like a complete snow job against RichRod.

1. The woman who brought the allegations to Arizona’s attention in October refused to turn over any evidence she claimed to have. She threatened a lawsuit against the University.

2. Both the President and AD at Arizona are in their first year while Rich Rod has been there for six. Clearly they were looking for a reason to replace RichRod with their own guy. They will pay the buyout on his contract and the decision was made the day after Arizona’s bowl game loss.
Bigschtick
Riptide

JerseyWave wrote:Sounds like a complete snow job against RichRod.

1. The woman who brought the allegations to Arizona’s attention in October refused to turn over any evidence she claimed to have. She threatened a lawsuit against the University.

2. Both the President and AD at Arizona are in their first year while Rich Rod has been there for six. Clearly they were looking for a reason to replace RichRod with their own guy. They will pay the buyout on his contract and the decision was made the day after Arizona’s bowl game loss.
Actually, there are reports that they had made the decision to fire him before the game.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!