Tulsa Game Thread- TD gets game moved to 1:00

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

TD just called...I gave him the OK to move the tip off to 1PM.."so let it be written, so let it be done"

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Ask and ye will receive. The game is moved to 1. Thanks Troy.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote:Ask and ye will receive. The game is moved to 1. Thanks Troy.

LOL

Finally we have an AD that gets it. I just hope someone notifies ESPN3.
https://twitter.com/GreenWaveMBB/status ... 9582104577
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
GreenLantern
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote:TD just called...I gave him the OK to move the tip off to 1PM.."so let it be written, so let it be done"
Actually, after I spoke with Mickey Loomis and let him know how unsatisfactory the Saints kickoff time was, he promised to speak with Troy Dannen and work something out. A number of people should get credit for the time change, but it was mostly me. 8-)
Houma de Wave
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:

LOL

So........it's a black out!
RobertM320
Green Wave

More of a Black & Gold out!
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Show Me
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote:

LOL

Dickson moved game times whenever possible to avoid Saints games. But this won’t help with the crowd one Ioda. After school gets back in session things should pick up. Late Jan 2018.
greenie78
Riptide

Show Me wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:

LOL

Dickson moved game times whenever possible to avoid Saints games. But this won’t help with the crowd one Ioda. After school gets back in session things should pick up. Late Jan 2018.
So what do you suggest? Dannen do nothing about it?
puffy
Surge

Is parking on-campus still free on Sundays? I haven't been there for a few years, but okay on taking my kids up their first Wave basketball game.
GreenLantern
Riptide

puffy wrote:Is parking on-campus still free on Sundays? I haven't been there for a few years, but okay on taking my kids up their first Wave basketball game.
Use the Loyola Parking Garage on Freret. It's free and is designated parking for Tulane athletic events. On weekends there should be ample parking.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote:
puffy wrote:Is parking on-campus still free on Sundays? I haven't been there for a few years, but okay on taking my kids up their first Wave basketball game.
Use the Loyola Parking Garage on Freret. It's free and is designated parking for Tulane athletic events. On weekends there should be ample parking.
damn garage...should be the site of Tulane basketball games..but Loyola would not sell the building to Tulane
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It's still free. They'll be lots of spots open with school out.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:

LOL

The point is it helps those of us who want to go to the game and see the Saints. If it hadn't been moved up there would be even less people there as even I would have stayed home and watched it on TV till the Saints game started.
GreenLantern
Riptide

winwave wrote:
Show Me wrote: Dickson moved game times whenever possible to avoid Saints games. But this won’t help with the crowd one Ioda. After school gets back in session things should pick up. Late Jan 2018.
The point is it helps those of us who want to go to the game and see the Saints. If it hadn't been moved up there would be even less people there as even I would have stayed home and watched it on TV till the Saints game started.
I doubt if a single additional fan will be drawn to the game because of the time change. I'm certain that Troy Dannen knows this. The important point is that realizing that fan support is paramount, Troy went to the trouble to do this. I doubt if it the time change made any difference to Tulsa. It will give them a bit more leisurely trip to the airport for the return home.
Houma de Wave
Swell

GreenLantern wrote:
winwave wrote:
Show Me wrote: Dickson moved game times whenever possible to avoid Saints games. But this won’t help with the crowd one Ioda. After school gets back in session things should pick up. Late Jan 2018.
I doubt if a single additional fan will be drawn to the game because of the time change. I'm certain that Troy Dannen knows this. The important point is that realizing that fan support is paramount, Troy went to the trouble to do this. I doubt if it the time change made any difference to Tulsa. It will give them a bit more leisurely trip to the airport for the return home.
Another game time change for Tulsa? They probably think we’re under a hurricane watch again! Dannen strikes again!
Ruski
Swell

Houma de Wave wrote:
GreenLantern wrote:
winwave wrote:
Another game time change for Tulsa? They probably think we’re under a hurricane watch again! Dannen strikes again!
I'll take another 34 point win!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Good move by Tulane. The fans that were going were going anyway. Now most that attend will have time to watch the Saints KO unless we get a quadruple OT. :mrgreen:
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

Vegas Insider: Wave 2.5 pt. favorite > Tulsa, O/U 146.5 pts. :)
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

$5 Tickets today if you wear Saints clothing.
$5 Tickets in the future for any college student.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

See ya there.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

We're having a tough time throwing the ball in the damned hoop! We're like 2-12 from behind the arc, and only started attacking the rim relatively late in the 1st half. We look tired, getting out-rebounded by a HUGE margin.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
RobertM320
Green Wave

Down 27-23 at the half. Seems like its as cold inside as it is outside.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Figure if we shot that bad and rebounded that poorly and only down by 4 we should be able to come back as can’t do both that bad for a whole game.
Wavetrader
Low Tide

What a difference between the Temple game and Tulsa game. Tulane was ice cold shooting and Tulsa out hustled us for loose balls and rebounds. Cornish is a turnover liability. Why sit Paul for most of the second half when he dominated the paint on defense in the first half? We'll still make the road trip for the SMU game, but this game was a reality check.
"There is winning and there is misery". BP