Tulsa Game Thread- TD gets game moved to 1:00

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The game is Sunday at 2. It is on ESPN3. Work your magic and get it moved up an hour or two. Please!
Last edited by winwave on Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote:The game is Sunday at 2. It is on ESPN3. Work your magic and get it moved up an hour or two. Please!
The NFL moved the Saints to 3:25pm from noon to provide for Tulane fans. An hour or two wouldn’t work.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Yes it would. If we start at 1 the game is over before 3 and your home in time to watch the Saints. Make it noon and you make it with plenty of time.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote:Yes it would. If we start at 1 the game is over before 3 and your home in time to watch the Saints. Make it noon and you make it with plenty of time.
THe game is on national TV (ESPNU) so don’t expect any time change.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It's on ESPN3.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:It's on ESPN3.
Which is a streaming channel only. The game could be changed rather easily, though at this late date it might be tough to work out.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

All the necessary parties will be here well enough in advance for a move up an hour or two.
tufinal4
High Tide

They really should consider doing this.
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote:All the necessary parties will be here well enough in advance for a move up an hour or two.
I can imagine Tulsa will be happy to accommodate us in moving the game time after what happened during football season. :mrgreen:
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
GreenLantern
Riptide

I have left a message for Mickey Loomis to call me the second he arrives at the office. I will insist that the Saints game be changed to an evening game so as not to interfere with Tulane-Tulsa.
galvezwave
Swell

The temple result will have minimal to zero impact on current attendance. Saints or not. Too much losing for way too long. Still need some more eye openers.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Students away for the holidays also. Win on Sunday then SMU may get some new people in the stands. Quality opponent.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
nawlinspete
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:Students away for the holidays also. Win on Sunday then SMU may get some new people in the stands. Quality opponent.
Wrong, we need to get fannies in the stands because we are playing well irrespective of the opponent. We can not be content with good attendance only for "quality" opponents.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
galvezwave
Swell

nawlinspete wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Students away for the holidays also. Win on Sunday then SMU may get some new people in the stands. Quality opponent.
Wrong, we need to get fannies in the stands because we are playing well irrespective of the opponent. We can not be content with good attendance only for "quality" opponents.
Unfortunately we are mired in an attendance problem. Tulane hoops was basically run into the ground by the previous administration. Word of mouth travels slow. Nobody is paying attention yet. It is what it is.
anEngineer
Riptide

GreenLantern wrote:I have left a message for Mickey Loomis to call me the second he arrives at the office. I will insist that the Saints game be changed to an evening game so as not to interfere with Tulane-Tulsa.
Great move. More of us should have thought of approaching the conflict from that direction.
RobertM320
Green Wave

nawlinspete wrote:
Do you guys stand at the bottom of a flight of stairs and try to make it to the top in one step? Who said anything about being content with good attendance only for quality opponents? We've had no attendance at all for ANY opponent for years. START with increasing attendance by playing well, then get bigger crowds for "quality opponents. Win those games and you start getting bigger crowds for all games. ITS A PROCESS. No wonder the "yoggies" call this the sad sack board.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

anEngineer wrote:
GreenLantern wrote:I have left a message for Mickey Loomis to call me the second he arrives at the office. I will insist that the Saints game be changed to an evening game so as not to interfere with Tulane-Tulsa.
Great move. More of us should have thought of approaching the conflict from that direction.
Not going to happen. Its New Years Eve. The NFL decided not to put any games in the normal Sunday Night Football slot. All games will be 1pm or 4:25pm ET starts.
galvezwave
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:
nawlinspete wrote:
Do you guys stand at the bottom of a flight of stairs and try to make it to the top in one step? Who said anything about being content with good attendance only for quality opponents? We've had no attendance at all for ANY opponent for years. START with increasing attendance by playing well, then get bigger crowds for "quality opponents. Win those games and you start getting bigger crowds for all games. ITS A PROCESS. No wonder the "yoggies" call this the sad sack board.
Ya
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote:
winwave wrote:Yes it would. If we start at 1 the game is over before 3 and your home in time to watch the Saints. Make it noon and you make it with plenty of time.
THe game is on national TV (ESPNU) so don’t expect any time change.
Tulane Women are on ESPNU SUNDAY at 11am vs USF
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

nawlinspete wrote:
Students away on holiday, people have a life, and the Saints game all work against a few thousand fans jumping on the band wagon for a game on New Years Eve. Of course we'd all like to see Fogelman packed, but it's highly unlikely to happen. Did anyone notice the attendance at Temple last night? Despite their #13 RPI ranking, it was abysmal.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
galvezwave
Swell

DfromCT wrote:
nawlinspete wrote:
Students away on holiday, people have a life, and the Saints game all work against a few thousand fans jumping on the band wagon for a game on New Years Eve. Of course we'd all like to see Fogelman packed, but it's highly unlikely to happen. Did anyone notice the attendance at Temple last night? Despite their #13 RPI ranking, it was abysmal.

I watched some of lsu at Memphis. Memphis still does extremely well. I bet there was close to 10k
GreenLantern
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote:
anEngineer wrote:
Not going to happen. Its New Years Eve. The NFL decided not to put any games in the normal Sunday Night Football slot. All games will be 1pm or 4:25pm ET starts.
Robert, suffering from post-Temple felicity, my original post that suggested we make demands to the Saints for a scheduling change was a failing attempt at sarcasm. Although I have grand hopes for Tulane athletics, none are in a realm which would allow directives to be given to or taken seriously by the NFL.
netshorty
Surge

RobertM320 wrote:
nawlinspete wrote:
It's a process. No doubt. I think what most are trying to analyze/debate here is whether we've got the right guys in place, that at the end of "the process" we have teams that are competing for conference championships. The last thing we all want is for a 3-5 year process to result in mediocre teams and/or a start of another process. So not trying to get to the top in one step, just making sure we can actually make it up the stairs.

So we all have our definition of how may steps there are, how many we've taken thus far, how long it should take us to get to the top, and how many obstacles are in place. But we're definitely past the one step. WF has had 2 years and MD 1+ year.
ajcalhoun
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:
anEngineer wrote:
God Bless Everyone!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

netshorty wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
nawlinspete wrote:
It's a process. No doubt. I think what most are trying to analyze/debate here is whether we've got the right guys in place, that at the end of "the process" we have teams that are competing for conference championships. The last thing we all want is for a 3-5 year process to result in mediocre teams and/or a start of another process. So not trying to get to the top in one step, just making sure we can actually make it up the stairs.

So we all have our definition of how may steps there are, how many we've taken thus far, how long it should take us to get to the top, and how many obstacles are in place. But we're definitely past the one step. WF has had 2 years and MD 1+ year.
I agree with your take but let's not be afraid to say "WINNING CHAMPIONSHIPS".