Early NSP

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Jaxwave wrote:I don’t like the whole Jeremiah Johnson hasn’t been cleared to enroll. Does that mean just early enrollment or does he still have work to do in the classroom? Hopefully, this is not the reason he was available for us to sign.
It's Jeffery Johnson and it's just a matter of early enrollment or not. He will be playing for us next year.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Jaxwave
Swell

Excellent! His nickname should be Jeremiah!
Bigschtick
Riptide

JerseyWave wrote:I think we did great with the early signing period. I love the Defensive lineman in this class. Fritz and staff have really stepped it up in the recruiting game. After two years at Tulane they can sell New Orleans and Tulane much better and they understand what they need to win games in the AAC. By now his Georgia Southern prospect data base should be empty.

As for the QB situation...The Missouri QB leaving early would be a mistake. I've seen several 2018 mock drafts that have SIX QBs going in the first round and the Missouri QB isn't one of them. As for Scott, I could care less what he does. He clearly doesn't think highly of Tulane, he's had more than enough opportunity to commit. Banks steadily improved during the season and should be entrenched as the starter. Let McClain and Daniels battle it out for back up and heir apparent in 2019.

Exactly how I feel about the situation.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

could this be the day..could it.... the day the Mizzou QB allows his college fans to exhale and take a deep breath ? Ya know the Mizzou fans are holding their collective oxygen, living and dying on his every word, thought and deed...now if they can just hold on until about 11:15 PM tonight December 27th 2017 their bodies can be flushed with fresh oxygen, the harmful effects of redness in the cheeks, the bulging of eye balls, the swelling of veins in the neck, will all be gone, either with thankfulness of his return to Favrot Field, or with disappointment that he is leaving beloved Columbia, and riding off into a NFL sunset...of course his decision will have a direct impact on all of the Tulane fans holding their collective oxygen regarding Great Scott
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

I would think if we do want Scott, we'd pull for Lock to play poorly today. This is his last opportunity to showcase for the NFL. A bad showing may make him more likely to stay another year.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Wavetrader
Low Tide

Watched the Texas Mizzou game last night. I'd never seen Lock play before and IMHO there was nothing in that game which indicated he was ready for the NFL now. Perhaps blame it on the departure of the Mizzou O-Coordinator or the NFL-like Texas defense (sarc), but I thought he was above average at best for a college QB. Now the Wyoming QB is a different matter all together. He was throwing frozen ropes all day in their bowl game. Based on Lock's postgame comments, it doesn't appear he'll make a decision today or even this week.
"There is winning and there is misery". BP
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wavetrader wrote:Watched the Texas Mizzou game last night. I'd never seen Lock play before and IMHO there was nothing in that game which indicated he was ready for the NFL now. Perhaps blame it on the departure of the Mizzou O-Coordinator or the NFL-like Texas defense (sarc), but I thought he was above average at best for a college QB. Now the Wyoming QB is a different matter all together. He was throwing frozen ropes all day in their bowl game. Based on Lock's postgame comments, it doesn't appear he'll make a decision today or even this week.
I agree, I flipped between the Mizou- Texas and Arizona- Purdue games...the Purdue QB look more ready than Lock....to quote an old baseball Coach, when asked about one of his star pitchers..."He has a Million Dollar Arm and a Ten Cent Head' ... adjusted for inflation, those numbers are staggering

I checked some Mizzou papers today...seems he is waiting to see who is hired as OC...if the UCLA OC gets the gig he is leaning on returning...if not he is transferring to East Mississippi JC for one last chance
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bigschtick
Riptide

I don’t think his coming or not really depends upon the current quarterback staying or leaving. He was looking for a better “situation” than Tulane or he would have signed. I am not counting on
him coming here though he would certainly be very welcomed.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
galvezwave
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
Wavetrader wrote:Watched the Texas Mizzou game last night. I'd never seen Lock play before and IMHO there was nothing in that game which indicated he was ready for the NFL now. Perhaps blame it on the departure of the Mizzou O-Coordinator or the NFL-like Texas defense (sarc), but I thought he was above average at best for a college QB. Now the Wyoming QB is a different matter all together. He was throwing frozen ropes all day in their bowl game. Based on Lock's postgame comments, it doesn't appear he'll make a decision today or even this week.
I agree, I flipped between the Mizou- Texas and Arizona- Purdue games...the Purdue QB look more ready than Lock....to quote an old baseball Coach, when asked about one of his star pitchers..."He has a Million Dollar Arm and a Ten Cent Head' ... adjusted for inflation, those numbers are staggering

I checked some Mizzou papers today...seems he is waiting to see who is hired as OC...if the UCLA OC gets the gig he is leaning on returning...if not he is transferring to East Mississippi JC for one last chance
I didn't watch the whole game. From what I saw, if there's any inkling that an NFL team is going to draft him, he should jump on it immediately. New system next year, who knows what could happen. Not in the same league as the top college qbs. That's the worst case for Tulane of course, but that's how I see it. WF can't do anything more than he has to convince Scott. Hold the opening for him, but if something pops up in a position of need that makes the team better , move on. I think Scott likes Tulane but has reservations about something. (P5, fritz offense, Banks)
JerseyWave
Riptide

This will be a QB heavy first round and the Missouri QB isn’t on anyone’s radar. Expect Rosen and Darnold to declare for the draft. I watched the Missouri QB vs Texas and you easily make the case that Tanner Lee has better pro potential than the guy from Missouri.
galvezwave
Swell

And as an aside, Tom Herman is an embarrassing idiot.
Wavetrader
Low Tide

I'm no fan of Herman, but Mizzou were playing like real "sh*tbirds". Jawing on every play, questionable hits around the piles and general dirty play. Lock's little chicken dance move after the TD was more comical than anything else, especially since they were still losing the game. Herman shouldn't have mocked him. Can you imagine Willie Fritz doing that? That is why I love Fritz; we actually have a competent adult leading us.
"There is winning and there is misery". BP
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

galvezwave wrote:And as an aside, Tom Herman is an embarrassing idiot.
There are "backpack" manufacters lining up to be the first with the Tom Herman autographed backpack with UT logo...available at Academy
Jaxwave
Swell

Instead of being leaders of these young men and setting an example oh how to act, a lot of coaches play up to the players for recruiting purposes.