Jeffery Johnson--4* DT early signee

Talk about the latest recruits here.
dpm wave
Swell

I didn't see a separate thread on this guy, and I think he deserves one.
I know how folks here like to complain that the commits only have offers from CUSA or Sunbelt programs and Tulane has been after too many diamonds in the rough.
So, I just want to list his offer list:
https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Jeffe ... tInterests

ALABAMA--not uab, not uah, not usa (the Nick Saban one)
FLORIDA--not usf, not ucf, not fau, not fiu (the Gator Country one).
FSU--see above (the 'NOLES).
LSU--that one
Other SEC programs: UK, MSU, USC, Ole Miss.
Louisville
8 other G5 schools.

winwave
Top of the WAVE

He did have all those offers and we're all excited to have him. He lost all those offers after a misdiagnosis by a doctor right before his senior year. For once things fell our way. Hopefully he gets to enroll early.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
sader24
Tsunami

This new idea where somehow there are those of us who post on here that are actively rooting against Fritz and Tulane is absurd. Also it's stupid and very Yogwfish. Anyone who has spent the amount of time and money supporting this Athletic dept with little if any payout over the decades wants to see success. However just bc ppl aren't celebrating 5-7 in the way some of you want us to doesn't mean we are against Tulane, it means we are still waiting for and hoping for success and 5-7 and no bowl game is not success. I like the recruiting class a lot, I like that Fritz kept the team together to pull within a yard of a bowl game. However, we didn't make a bowl game, so those of you posting the passive aggressive BS suggesting how those that are still waiting for success are wrong or Tulane haters, I suggest you raise your expectations to the point where you aren't doing cartwheels over a 5 win season. I feel like we are heading in the right direction in football. I don't know that we are though, I hope we are on track. I do not share the same feeling yet about basketball and baseball seems to be somewhat of a mess. I hope we win 8 games next year and go to a Bowl game, I'm rooting for it, but I will never be a fan who celebrates 5 win seasons and if you are one maybe you are what's wrong with this University, Athletic Department, and Fanbase.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

dpm wave wrote:I didn't see a separate thread on this guy, and I think he deserves one.
I know how folks here like to complain that the commits only have offers from CUSA or Sunbelt programs and Tulane has been after too many diamonds in the rough.
So, I just want to list his offer list:
https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Jeffe ... tInterests

ALABAMA--not uab, not uah, not usa (the Nick Saban one)
FLORIDA--not usf, not ucf, not fau, not fiu (the Gator Country one).
FSU--see above (the 'NOLES).
LSU--that one
Other SEC programs: UK, MSU, USC, Ole Miss.
Louisville
8 other G5 schools.
He's a talented player, no doubt. Welcome to the Tulane family, Mr. Johnson.

Star ratings don't matter nearly as much as on field performance, but this is a high 3 star recruit on Rivals and 247. I would bet that he probably have been given 4 stars had his P5 offers stood and he taken one of them. Not sure how many, if ANY 4* recruits signed outside of the P5 today, but typically they're very few and far between. We didn't out recruit LSU, Bama, et al. They dropped out of the race last summer. Now I'd love for the young man to go out and show them how foolish they were.

"Talk about your plenty, talk about your ills
One man gathers what another man spills"
-Garcia/Hunter

Sader, I agree with your post 100% but wonder why it's in this thread?

AGAIN, JEFFERY JOHNSON WELCOME TO THE TULANE FAMILY. May your signing be part of the trigger that leads to Tulane "making Waves" in the AAC and soon after on the national scene.

ROLL WAVE!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
nawlinspete
Riptide

sader24 wrote:This new idea where somehow there are those of us who post on here that are actively rooting against Fritz and Tulane is absurd. Also it's stupid and very Yogwfish. Anyone who has spent the amount of time and money supporting this Athletic dept with little if any payout over the decades wants to see success. However just bc ppl aren't celebrating 5-7 in the way some of you want us to doesn't mean we are against Tulane, it means we are still waiting for and hoping for success and 5-7 and no bowl game is not success. I like the recruiting class a lot, I like that Fritz kept the team together to pull within a yard of a bowl game. However, we didn't make a bowl game, so those of you posting the passive aggressive BS suggesting how those that are still waiting for success are wrong or Tulane haters, I suggest you raise your expectations to the point where you aren't doing cartwheels over a 5 win season. I feel like we are heading in the right direction in football. I don't know that we are though, I hope we are on track. I do not share the same feeling yet about basketball and baseball seems to be somewhat of a mess. I hope we win 8 games next year and go to a Bowl game, I'm rooting for it, but I will never be a fan who celebrates 5 win seasons and if you are one maybe you are what's wrong with this University, Athletic Department, and Fanbase.

Stop whining....
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
sader24
Tsunami

Just saw another comment about ppl finding reasons to down Tulane recruits. The facts are this is the best composite class in probably 30 years. Scelfo had a really good class but it was slightly smaller and not as well rounded position wise. Fans have questioned some of the recruits over the last decade plus because quite frankly there was a lot to question. Guys we're being brought in at the tail end of Scelfo and through Toledos reign that were simply not FBS football players and CJ was bringing in guys that had a boatload of issues. Pretty much everyone is happy and excited about this class, just bc fans had legitimate doubts and concerns about many previous classes doesn't mean they aren't excited about this one.
RobertM320
Green Wave

sader24 wrote:Just saw another comment about ppl finding reasons to down Tulane recruits. The facts are this is the best composite class in probably 30 years. Scelfo had a really good class but it was slightly smaller and not as well rounded position wise. Fans have questioned some of the recruits over the last decade plus because quite frankly there was a lot to question. Guys we're being brought in at the tail end of Scelfo and through Toledos reign that were simply not FBS football players and CJ was bringing in guys that had a boatload of issues. Pretty much everyone is happy and excited about this class, just bc fans had legitimate doubts and concerns about many previous classes doesn't mean they aren't excited about this one.
Currently 247 has the class at .8197. Only 4 schools in the AAC have a better composite average, Cincy, USF, Houston and UCF. I consider that being competitive. The best overall composite in all the historic 247 ratings was a .8003 for the 2010 class, which included Orleans Darkwa, and a .7999 for the 2009 class, which included Ryan Grant, Jordan Sullen, Derrick Strozier and Julius Warmsley. Both Toledo classes, incidentally. Most of the other classes were in the .7500-.7700 range.

This is BY FAR, the best class ratings wise in close to twenty years.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
netshorty
Surge

RobertM320 wrote:
sader24 wrote:Just saw another comment about ppl finding reasons to down Tulane recruits. The facts are this is the best composite class in probably 30 years. Scelfo had a really good class but it was slightly smaller and not as well rounded position wise. Fans have questioned some of the recruits over the last decade plus because quite frankly there was a lot to question. Guys we're being brought in at the tail end of Scelfo and through Toledos reign that were simply not FBS football players and CJ was bringing in guys that had a boatload of issues. Pretty much everyone is happy and excited about this class, just bc fans had legitimate doubts and concerns about many previous classes doesn't mean they aren't excited about this one.
Currently 247 has the class at .8197. Only 4 schools in the AAC have a better composite average, Cincy, USF, Houston and UCF. I consider that being competitive. The best overall composite in all the historic 247 ratings was a .8003 for the 2010 class, which included Orleans Darkwa, and a .7999 for the 2009 class, which included Ryan Grant, Jordan Sullen, Derrick Strozier and Julius Warmsley. Both Toledo classes, incidentally. Most of the other classes were in the .7500-.7700 range.

Good stats again 320. Class is a complete turnaround from last years which was ranked 2nd to last in the aac and in the 110s nationally. Not sure what "flipped that switch" but this should be one thing all Tulane fans can agree on... This is a great class.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

netshorty wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:

Good stats again 320. Class is a complete turnaround from last years which was ranked 2nd to last in the aac and in the 110s nationally. Not sure what "flipped that switch" but this should be one thing all Tulane fans can agree on... This is a great class.
in m y opinion what "flipped the switch" was a total attitude change by the players now on campus...they are your best recruiting tools...."come here, we are going to win...we have a coach who does not like losing"...this is not Tulane of 3 or 4 years ago when I signed up'
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DrBox
Riptide

Accurate summary of the reality of Tulane recruiting over the past decade.