Early NSP

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We got some good players and very importantly got a balanced class. Glad we got Johnson's signature today. He's someone good schools backed off of b/c of a misdiagnosis by a doctor. So we got a really good player at a very important position.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

Houma de Wave wrote:
Wright just signed.
:cheers:
AugWave
Swell

This is a nice looking class. Especially those DT's.
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bigschtick wrote:
Houma de Wave wrote:Guerry is doing his usual great job on The Wave Report. 19 in, 4 to go. Larry Brooks in the fold.

Yes, and for the pittance charged monthly, more should join Rivals. There are some poster's there with great inside info and
insight!
I tried to join Rivals and had technical issues. Got Yahoo! support, which couldn't resolve them. Rebooted computer, cleared cache, cleared cookies and still couldn't access Guerry's article. Had to ask Yahoo! support FOUR TIMES to cancel my subscription and issue a refund. Took 20 minutes of chat, and messed things up like all my saved passwords. Wasn't close to worth the hassle.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Aberzombie1892
Swell

It's the whole SEC perception for high schoolers. He's going to receive a big wake up call when he realizes the implications of Missouri's OC leaving in the offseason.
Bigschtick
Riptide

DfromCT wrote:
Bigschtick wrote:
Houma de Wave wrote:Guerry is doing his usual great job on The Wave Report. 19 in, 4 to go. Larry Brooks in the fold.

Yes, and for the pittance charged monthly, more should join Rivals. There are some poster's there with great inside info and
insight!
I tried to join Rivals and had technical issues. Got Yahoo! support, which couldn't resolve them. Rebooted computer, cleared cache, cleared cookies and still couldn't access Guerry's article. Had to ask Yahoo! support FOUR TIMES to cancel my subscription and issue a refund. Took 20 minutes of chat, and messed things up like all my saved passwords. Wasn't close to worth the hassle.

Dave: I would email Guerry about the hassle. He needs to now. [email protected]
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Wave755
Tsunami

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Footb ... amRankings

For 247 for the AAC as of right now:

Cincy 48;
USF 54;
Wave 65;
UH 67;
Temple 69;
UCF 70;
SMU 71;
NaVY 81;
Memphis 84;
ECU 85;
UCONN 96;
Tulsa 101.

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2018 ... s/football

For Rivals for the AAC as of right now:

USF 44;
Cincy 47;
UH 50;
Wave 63;
Temple; 66;
SMU 68;
Navy 73;
UCF 74;
Memphis 78;
UCONN 81;
Tulsa 83;
ECU 87.

Without a doubt the AAC is more than a cut above the rest of the G5. And yes, Winwave, the AAC does have a couple of top 50 recruiting classes. :)
Last edited by Wave755 on Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Wave755 wrote:

Memphis 84;
Tulsa 101.
How the mighty have fallen.
Houma de Wave
Swell

winwave wrote:We got some good players and very importantly got a balanced class. Glad we got Johnson's signature today. He's someone good schools backed off of b/c of a misdiagnosis by a doctor. So we got a really good player at a very important position.
As you (Winwave) probably know, Johnson will enroll in January; has already said he wants to get playing time in the fall.
wave97
Swell

AugWave wrote:This is a nice looking class. Especially those DT's.
Thank God!
Wave755
Tsunami

GreenLantern wrote:
Wave755 wrote:

Memphis 84;
Tulsa 101.
How the mighty have fallen.
And, I remember how under "Buffet Bob" Toledo Tulsa consistently and badly out recruited us in the River Parishes. I was amazed by how they could do that in our own backyard. Apparently those days are over and what's going on with Tulsa of late I have no idea?
Last edited by Wave755 on Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Anyone know anything about this? WR from Brandenton. 5'11" 188lbs; 4.64 40yd
https://twitter.com/NToppino/status/943534710503944194
Wave755
Tsunami

GreenLantern wrote:Anyone know anything about this? WR from Brandenton. 5'11" 188lbs; 4.64 40yd
https://twitter.com/NToppino/status/943534710503944194
Can't find him on 247?
RobertM320
Green Wave

He's listed by fearthewave as a preferred walkon.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote: https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Footb ... amRankings

Cincy 48;
USF 54;
Wave 65;
UH 67;
Temple 69;
UCF 70;
SMU 71;
NaVY 81;
Memphis 84;
ECU 85;
UCONN 96;
Tulsa 101.

USF 44;
Cincy 47;
UH 50;
Wave 63;
Temple; 66;
SMU 68;
Navy 73;
UCF 74;
Memphis 78;
UCONN 81;
Tulsa 83;
ECU 87.

Without a doubt the AAC is more than a cut above the rest of the G5. And yes, Winwave, the AAC does have a couple of top 50 recruiting classes. :)
Come on now. You know that's LBS. The conference needs some in the top 30. :mrgreen:
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Houma de Wave wrote:
winwave wrote:We got some good players and very importantly got a balanced class. Glad we got Johnson's signature today. He's someone good schools backed off of b/c of a misdiagnosis by a doctor. So we got a really good player at a very important position.
As you (Winwave) probably know, Johnson will enroll in January; has already said he wants to get playing time in the fall.
I agree that's what was previously reported. But as you know as of today it is just a possibility. He wants to do it but may not be able to . That could mean not having the credits to come in early or maybe we don't have the space by however the NCAA counts numbers in the spring. Or some other reason. So it may happen and you and I want very much for it to happen but it might not end up panning out.
Wave755
Tsunami

winwave wrote:

Cincy 48;
USF 54;
Wave 65;
UH 67;
Temple 69;
UCF 70;
SMU 71;
NaVY 81;
Memphis 84;
ECU 85;
UCONN 96;
Tulsa 101.

USF 44;
Cincy 47;
UH 50;
Wave 63;
Temple; 66;
SMU 68;
Navy 73;
UCF 74;
Memphis 78;
UCONN 81;
Tulsa 83;
ECU 87.

Come on now. You know that's LBS. The conference needs some in the top 30. :mrgreen:
Now that's what I call Lofty Bar Syndrome (LBS)! :P
Last edited by Wave755 on Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote:

Cincy 48;
USF 54;
Wave 65;
UH 67;
Temple 69;
UCF 70;
SMU 71;
NaVY 81;
Memphis 84;
ECU 85;
UCONN 96;
Tulsa 101.

USF 44;
Cincy 47;
UH 50;
Wave 63;
Temple; 66;
SMU 68;
Navy 73;
UCF 74;
Memphis 78;
UCONN 81;
Tulsa 83;
ECU 87.

If you look, he didn't say we were matching the P5s YET, he said we're more than a cut above the rest of the G5s. And that's a fact. Using 247 for example, AAC has SEVEN schools in the top 75. The entire rest of the G4 has FOUR. TOTAL. That's one per conference, while we have seven. YES, that's a cut above the rest of the G5s.

We are what we are, and right now thats a G5 conference. You can't be disappointed because we're not recruiting comparable to the P5s. If we're in the top 6 or 7 of 70 G5 schools, how is that not significant? You can't really expect much more than that.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:
winwave wrote:

Cincy 48;
USF 54;
Wave 65;
UH 67;
Temple 69;
UCF 70;
SMU 71;
NaVY 81;
Memphis 84;
ECU 85;
UCONN 96;
Tulsa 101.

USF 44;
Cincy 47;
UH 50;
Wave 63;
Temple; 66;
SMU 68;
Navy 73;
UCF 74;
Memphis 78;
UCONN 81;
Tulsa 83;
ECU 87.

If you look, he didn't say we were matching the P5s YET, he said we're more than a cut above the rest of the G5s. And that's a fact. Using 247 for example, AAC has SEVEN schools in the top 75. The entire rest of the G4 has FOUR. TOTAL. That's one per conference, while we have seven. YES, that's a cut above the rest of the G5s.

We are what we are, and right now thats a G5 conference. You can't be disappointed because we're not recruiting comparable to the P5s. If we're in the top 6 or 7 of 70 G5 schools, how is that not significant? You can't really expect much more than that.
R- if you look I put a green smiley face. As is becoming the norm you are reading things into it that aren't there. I'm happy with the class. I agree we are above the other G's but this conference is also clearly below the P's. My only real concern is with Tulane reaching it's potential in my lifetime and the other long time diehards lifetimes. This class is a step in that direction.
Wave755
Tsunami

winwave wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
winwave wrote:

Cincy 48;
USF 54;
Wave 65;
UH 67;
Temple 69;
UCF 70;
SMU 71;
NaVY 81;
Memphis 84;
ECU 85;
UCONN 96;
Tulsa 101.

USF 44;
Cincy 47;
UH 50;
Wave 63;
Temple; 66;
SMU 68;
Navy 73;
UCF 74;
Memphis 78;
UCONN 81;
Tulsa 83;
ECU 87.

R- if you look I put a green smiley face. As is becoming the norm you are reading things into it that aren't there. I'm happy with the class. I agree we are above the other G's but this conference is also clearly below the P's. My only real concern is with Tulane reaching it's potential in my lifetime and the other long time diehards lifetimes. This class is a step in that direction.
Winwave, I took your post as "tongue in cheek." But, I agree with Robert, for college football for now we have the P5, AAC & G4.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Sorry, I'm at work and also dealing with some personal stuff and I missed the tongue in cheek part. As for reaching our potential in our lifetimes, I'm not absolutely sure that's completely within Tulane's control anymore.
anEngineer
Riptide

We only move up if our best can beat their best. That's why the UCF/Auburn game is SO important. The AAC has to start showing the ability to play defense. These 62-55 games are not really quality football. You get up to go to the bathroom and each team has already scored again. You can't beat good teams like that; that's why Chip Kelly always came up short at Oregon.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote:
winwave wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
winwave wrote:

Cincy 48;
USF 54;
Wave 65;
UH 67;
Temple 69;
UCF 70;
SMU 71;
NaVY 81;
Memphis 84;
ECU 85;
UCONN 96;
Tulsa 101.

USF 44;
Cincy 47;
UH 50;
Wave 63;
Temple; 66;
SMU 68;
Navy 73;
UCF 74;
Memphis 78;
UCONN 81;
Tulsa 83;
ECU 87.

Winwave, I took your post as "tongue in cheek." But, I agree with Robert, for college football for now we have the P5, AAC & G4.

Oh you took it the right way and I enjoyed your response. We both agree with him. Glad we’re in rather than any of those other G’s.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

anEngineer wrote:We only move up if our best can beat their best. That's why the UCF/Auburn game is SO important. The AAC has to start showing the ability to play defense. These 62-55 games are not really quality football. You get up to go to the bathroom and each team has already scored again. You can't beat good teams like that; that's why Chip Kelly always came up short at Oregon.
+1. I like the DL’s we signed and have hope that we can get our D rolling in a couple of years.
Wave755
Tsunami

Houma de Wave wrote:Ellison flipped to SMU. Another reason to circle SMU on the schedule next year.

According to Guerry, it doesn't hurt our rankings, but he was an OLB we were counting on signing.
247 did bump Ellison up to 3 stars, but we are having a great day without him anyway.

https://247sports.com/player/preston-ellison-46038940
Last edited by Wave755 on Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.