Lindsey Scott at his 5th different school

Talk about the latest recruits here.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I hope Tulane has an opportunity to sign him...if not, the QB position is the least of my worries...we have a "LEFTY" in da house !!!!

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
galvezwave
Swell

I feel like he wants to pull the trigger on Tulane. I also feel he needs to turn off any and every outside influence for that to happen. It might be too much to overcome. Just my gut feeling in his situation.
Dupergreenie
Surge

galvezwave wrote:I feel like he wants to pull the trigger on Tulane. I also feel he needs to turn off any and every outside influence for that to happen. It might be too much to overcome. Just my gut feeling in his situation.
I hope your gut is right but I feel he wants to go to the school with the 'biggest name/status'..... and that in this case would be mizzou with the mighty SEC affiliation.

He already gave up the shot to START as a true freshman with Tulane to ride the bench for LSU.... If he really wanted to be at Tulane he would have announced it and would be an early signee.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Dupergreenie wrote:
galvezwave wrote:I feel like he wants to pull the trigger on Tulane. I also feel he needs to turn off any and every outside influence for that to happen. It might be too much to overcome. Just my gut feeling in his situation.
I hope your gut is right but I feel he wants to go to the school with the 'biggest name/status'..... and that in this case would be mizzou with the mighty SEC affiliation.

He already gave up the shot to START as a true freshman with Tulane to ride the bench for LSU.... If he really wanted to be at Tulane he would have announced it and would be an early signee.
He’s likely looking for a place to land where he’ll start right away. He’d be a backup at Tulane behind Banks.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Dupergreenie
Surge

tpstulane wrote:
Dupergreenie wrote:

He’s likely looking for a place to land where he’ll start right away. He’d be a backup at Tulane behind Banks.
He would likely be a back up here but he WILL be a back up at mizzou especially if their qb stays.

If he is looking to start and stay a started he should stat at EMCC or whatever it's called. Kid is acting like he is the 2nd coming of Cam Newton.
galvezwave
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
Dupergreenie wrote:

He could be hung up on banks, i agree with that. He didn't jump on the Missouri offer for that matter either.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Canada has had his Visa revoked...Scott back to LSU ?

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/ ... 2ca3d.html
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wavetime
Swell

This kid must really be special in my opinion, because it seems like he's playing us.....again! I don't have my hopes up for Mr. Scott, if he wanted to be here he would have signed....goodness knows he's had the chance.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Wavetime wrote:This kid must really be special in my opinion, because it seems like he's playing us.....again! I don't have my hopes up for Mr. Scott, if he wanted to be here he would have signed....goodness knows he's had the chance.
I totally agree. I don't blame the kid for keeping his options open, but nor do I see going back to LSU as an opportunity for the young man. Canada wasn't there when he left, and the guy they're talking about as a possible replacement was. If he goes to LSU, Scott is probably looking at being a career back up, or scout team QB.

And the funny thing is, he can wait until summer time if he wants to. Yes, spring practice would be beneficial to him, but there's nothing that says he has to sign an NLI before the first day of classes.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
anEngineer
Riptide

Wavetime wrote:This kid must really be special in my opinion, because it seems like he's playing us.....again! I don't have my hopes up for Mr. Scott, if he wanted to be here he would have signed....goodness knows he's had the chance.
He has been special but I am over it. He obviously is looking for something else. We don't need anyone who doesn't want to be here 100%.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote:
He has been special but I am over it. He obviously is looking for something else. We don't need anyone who doesn't want to be here 100%.
Totally agree. Scott is clearly hoping for a better offer (whatever that might be) to fall into his lap. While I'm not sold on Banks, primarily because he still seems to struggle seeing downfield, he will likely be our opening game starter next fall. I don't know much about McClain, but have high hopes for Christian Daniels who we just signed. If Scott had enthusiastically signed with us on the ESD, he might have had a chance of competing with Banks, but not so much now. I wouldn't be surprised if WF pulls the offer if some other opportunities still arise before the normal signing date.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
ajcalhoun
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: If Scott had enthusiastically signed with us on the ESD, he might have had a chance of competing with Banks, but not so much now.
This sentence makes no sense whatsoever. What does the date of signing and level of enthusiasm when said signing occurs have to do with the signer's ability to compete?
God Bless Everyone!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

As a JUCO Scott can sign anytime up till classes start on the 16th and still be there for spring practice wherever he goes.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

ajcalhoun wrote:
HoustonWave wrote: If Scott had enthusiastically signed with us on the ESD, he might have had a chance of competing with Banks, but not so much now.
This sentence makes no sense whatsoever. What does the date of signing and level of enthusiasm when said signing occurs have to do with the signer's ability to compete?
It makes perfect sense. It first reflects Scott's attitude coming in if he does come here (first selection vs fall back), and two, it can drive the attitude that coaches and teammates have toward him. Both ultimately play a roll in whether he successfully competes with Banks. It doesn't mean he can't win the starting job, it just means it will be more difficult.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
galvezwave
Swell

The LS saga is alive and well. I would imagine the decision is imminent. WF must really want the kid. I myself think he's a difference maker and would probably alter the WF offense to look more like wide open Sam Houston version . You gotta have the right trigger man. Im glad some the guys that post here aren't recruiting LS. He would be a key piece. Yes he's dragged this thing out, but he has to make the correct choice.
Pepper
Swell

I'm glad that we are in the running for a player of his rating. He just may not know where he wants to go. As many hits Banks took last year, it would be great having 2 solid QB's at the most important position. I trust the judgement of the staff when it comes to talent evaluation.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Wave755
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote:as reported by nola.com
http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ss ... bile_index
Nice article and it would appear the Lindsey Scott saga must end sometime in the next 10 days.

WF has our program now well positioned to head to the top of the AAC. This article confirms what most of us have thought that for the last near 20 years the only thing wrong with our football program was Scott Cowen.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jan 15th deadline approaching Tulane pushing hard.
http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ss ... indse.html
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:Jan 15th deadline approaching Tulane pushing hard.
http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ss ... indse.html
That's the deadline to enroll and make the first day of classes for Spring Semester. He could wait until the last day, in August, before Fall Semester classes begin. That would, of course, undermine his chances of playing. But there is no drop-dead deadline for JUCO signing.
Profoundwizard
Swell

If Scott comes to Tulane I'd Be surprised if he didn't take the starting job from Banks when it's all said and done. Maybe not by opening week but at some point in the season
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Profoundwizard wrote:If Scott comes to Tulane I'd Be surprised if he didn't take the starting job from Banks when it's all said and done. Maybe not by opening week but at some point in the season
If he's better, and knows the offense as well as Banks does at the time, then it's a good problem to have. But Banks got a lot better by the end of the season than he was when his first season in the offense started. I'd imagine that improvement continues with spring and summer practice camps. So, again, IF Scott is better in the offense than Banks, than it's an upgrade. But I don't see Coach Fritz giving the job to Scott (or ANYONE) simply because he agreed to come here. Winning matters at Tulane these days, and we do measure success by wins and losses.

BTW: Having viewed that last play at SMU about a dozen times since it happened, I don't think it was a pass play as Coach Fritz claimed. Banks never got the ball near his shoulder or anywhere near ready to throw a pass on the play. But I still think he got into the end zone. That one angle that SMU released a few days later was far from straight down the goal line.
galvezwave
Swell

DfromCT wrote:
Profoundwizard wrote:If Scott comes to Tulane I'd Be surprised if he didn't take the starting job from Banks when it's all said and done. Maybe not by opening week but at some point in the season
If he's better, and knows the offense as well as Banks does at the time, then it's a good problem to have. But Banks got a lot better by the end of the season than he was when his first season in the offense started. I'd imagine that improvement continues with spring and summer practice camps. So, again, IF Scott is better in the offense than Banks, than it's an upgrade. But I don't see Coach Fritz giving the job to Scott (or ANYONE) simply because he agreed to come here. Winning matters at Tulane these days, and we do measure success by wins and losses.

BTW: Having viewed that last play at SMU about a dozen times since it happened, I don't think it was a pass play as Coach Fritz claimed. Banks never got the ball near his shoulder or anywhere near ready to throw a pass on the play. But I still think he got into the end zone. That one angle that SMU released a few days later was far from straight down the goal line.

I imagine Banks could care less what play was sent in. He was gonna do what he was gonna do. That's probably how it went down. Water under the bridge at this point.
anEngineer
Riptide

DfromCT wrote:

That's part of the good and bad of Banks. Coach Fritz has said several times that Banks' winning TD in the Army game should have been a hand off to Hilliard. The read was for Hilliard and he walks in the endzone untouched. Instead Banks kept it and took some really big shots on the way in... but he got in. I imagine he was thinking the same thing at SMU.
Show Me
Tsunami

Lindsey playing us. I give WF credit for hanging in there. Hopefully the kid realizes there’s no better offense in the country that fits his skill set than what we run at Tulane.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Maybe he'll get an offer from Scott Frost. I hear there's a QB scholarship open in Lincoln, NE