UNC Game Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Jaxwave
Swell

The Roy Williams system is pushing the ball up the court and maximizing possessions to score a lot of points and wear out their opponent. They are typically not very concerned with defense. They like to play man so Tulane O might look OK.

Despite shooting the 3 fairly well against mediocre (generous description) competition, I still have doubts as to our offense.I like the team defense and the team plays hard.

I expect a 88-62 type game.
lurker123
Swell

Jaxwave wrote:The Roy Williams system is pushing the ball up the court and maximizing possessions to score a lot of points and wear out their opponent. They are typically not very concerned with defense. They like to play man so Tulane O might look OK.

Despite shooting the 3 fairly well against mediocre (generous description) competition, I still have doubts as to our offense.I like the team defense and the team plays hard.

I expect a 88-62 type game.
I'll take Tulane and 20 here and won't even insist on the 24 you mention. How much? Loser pays Green Wave Club.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

AP poll no. 13, Coaches poll no. 11 North Carolina opens a 19.5 pt. favorite over Wave. (Rotation nos. 715-716 for Vegas Sheet )

O/U 156 pts.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-bas ... las-vegas/

So far Vegas is not terribly impressed with our early season play. Tomorrow is a chance for the Wave to gain some national respect.
swampnik
Surge

Hoping Cam et cie can keep it within a 12-15 point range at buzzer. Roll Wave for the upset en tout cas.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Good game to get an idea how we may compete with the upper level in the AAC.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Ruski
Swell

Unfortunately I think we look alright early, keep it within 10 and then blood bath 2nd half
GreenLantern
Riptide

Rough start..UNC looking as if they can score at will
Last edited by GreenLantern on Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wavetime
Swell

Slow Start.....
Ruski
Swell

21-6, 7 minutes in. Completely overwhelmed physically. Can't get a rebound to save our life.
Wavetime
Swell

Frazier just made ESPN's highlights tonight with a monster jam!!!!
GreenLantern
Riptide

Wavetime wrote:Frazier just made ESPN's highlights tonight with a monster jam!!!!
TGIFrazier.
galvezwave
Swell

I was really just hoping to not look like a high school team against unc . Oh well.
JerseyWave
Riptide

Dean Dome too big a stage for Tulane. With cold shooting no shot to make it a competitive game.
Ruski
Swell

We won the tip-off then it was all down hill...
RobertM320
Green Wave

78-52 With 7 min left.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Wave QB
Swell

We are being handled by bigger and stronger team. There is nothing we can do about it.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I will say though that North Carolina is getting calls that we don't get.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Got schooled on how Defense wins games. Oh well.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:Got schooled on how Defense wins games. Oh well.
Not only do we play phantom D, but we have no clue about working the ball and working the clock when we're overmatched.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Wave755
Tsunami

Wave755 wrote:AP poll no. 13, Coaches poll no. 11 North Carolina opens a 19.5 pt. favorite over Wave. (Rotation nos. 715-716 for Vegas Sheet )

O/U 156 pts.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-bas ... las-vegas/

So far Vegas is not terribly impressed with our early season play. Tomorrow is a chance for the Wave to gain some national respect.
Final: UNC 97
Wave 73
UNC beats spread and over wins for 170 pts.
OUG
Riptide

We were never going to win this game. I don’t mind scheduling it, because you need to give yourself a measuring stick every now and then. But we don’t have the talent to win a game like this in Chapel Hill or even be competitive in it.

The bigger concern for me is that once teams started playing zone against us we haven’t been able to work the ball inside for high percentage baskets. We are 6-2 but we have a long way to go to being a good basketball team right now.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

OUG wrote:We were never going to win this game. I don’t mind scheduling it, because you need to give yourself a measuring stick every now and then. But we don’t have the talent to win a game like this in Chapel Hill or even be competitive in it.

The bigger concern for me is that once teams started playing zone against us we haven’t been able to work the ball inside for high percentage baskets. We are 6-2 but we have a long way to go to being a good basketball team right now.
Yep. NC took advantage of our weakness for sure. Very disappointed in the effort. Was expecting a 10-15 point game. But we never made a run to close it. The AAC is probably not as strong as I originally thought it would be this year so we may still win 6-8 league games.
Tulane Class of 1981
lurker123
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
OUG wrote:We were never going to win this game. I don’t mind scheduling it, because you need to give yourself a measuring stick every now and then. But we don’t have the talent to win a game like this in Chapel Hill or even be competitive in it.

Yep. NC took advantage of our weakness for sure. Very disappointed in the effort. Was expecting a 10-15 point game. But we never made a run to close it. The AAC is probably not as strong as I originally thought it would be this year so we may still win 6-8 league games.
Obviously disappointing result. It's been a while since I watched an MBB game that was effectively over at the first media timeout of the first half. I'll send a donation check into GWC since Tulane didn't cover the spread.

Issue is as it has been for years at Tulane the play of front court especially on defense.

Let's see how they do the next three weeks. These folks strike me as having a lot of resilience. We'll see if it translates into victories.