Tim Floyd calls it quits after loss and 1-5 start

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
lurker123
Swell

I assume he jumped but UTEP has never been a happy settled place since their longterm WAC buds dumped them at airport meeting founding MWC. El Paso is closer to the L.A. than NOLA and simply was never a good fit for schools east of Texas. I'm sure UTEP admin and fans were upset about this year's start.

I recall roughly that there have been some strong proponents here for Tulane hiring him through the years and am just curious for their reaction.

FWIW, Floyd who just retired from apparent burnout is one month older than Dunleavy.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

lurker123 wrote:
I assume he jumped but UTEP has never been a happy settled place since their longterm WAC buds dumped them at airport meeting founding MWC. El Paso is closer to the L.A. than NOLA and simply was never a good fit for schools east of Texas. I'm sure UTEP admin and fans were upset about this year's start.

I recall roughly that there have been some strong proponents here for Tulane hiring him through the years and am just curious for their reaction.

FWIW, Floyd who just retired from apparent burnout is one month older than Dunleavy.
He’s frustrated with the administration. He believes UTEP should be in the MWC and not CUSA. I think had he come here instead of Ed Conroy things may have been a lot different. He took UTEP to a couple NIT’s and probably got shafted out of an NCAA bid because of CUSA being a one bid league. Seven years later it’s too hard to really predict what success he may have had here. Recruiting a kid to El Paso is much tougher than Nola. Being in a one bid league was very difficult to recruit to as well. He’s a good guy. I’ll always appreciate the fact that he flew in from Iowa St just to attend my dads funeral. I hope retirement suits him well.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Floyd did not use the Don Haskins recruiting method...make sure your recruits all land in El Paso after 8pm...and do not allow them to "tour" Sun Bowl Stadium
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Pepper
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
lurker123 wrote:

He’s frustrated with the administration. He believes UTEP should be in the MWC and not CUSA. I think had he come here instead of Ed Conroy things may have been a lot different. He took UTEP to a couple NIT’s and probably got shafted out of an NCAA bid because of CUSA being a one bid league. Seven years later it’s too hard to really predict what success he may have had here. Recruiting a kid to El Paso is much tougher than Nola. Being in a one bid league was very difficult to recruit to as well. He’s a good guy. I’ll always appreciate the fact that he flew in from Iowa St just to attend my dads funeral. I hope retirement suits him well.
I was stationed in El Paso for a short while. I don't know how anyone could recruit there.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.