Baby Isla helps Wave whip Houston 20-17

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Hippiecoog
Trickle

Congrats to Tulane. Good luck the rest of the way.

Too bad we can't fire our incompetent head coach and his staff. Very unacceptable performance this season.

greenphantom
Swell

Wave755 wrote:
greenphantom wrote:Great win. We’ll certainly lay an egg vs SMU with bowl game on the line but great to beat the Cougs and give ourselves a shot next week
Phantom, Memphis scored 66 points today on SMU. :D :) 8-)
We have a shot vs the Ponies. We’d probably lose to UTSA though :)
winwave
Top of the WAVE

WTG Wave!!! Amazing what happens when you mix it up. Also had Banks rolling out, threw some screens. Got it to Badie outside. Nickerson's interception on the first drive of the 3rd quarter was the play of the game. They had come out and gone right down the field. If they score the TD they have the momentum and probably go on to beat us by a few scores. Instead we kept the momentum and shook their confidence. Happy for the seniors.

I've said from the beginning that SMU is a team we can beat. Let's go Bowling!!!

BTW, 2-0 since Isla was born!!!
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
greenphantom
Swell

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
greenphantom wrote:Great win. We’ll certainly lay an egg vs SMU with bowl game on the line but great to beat the Cougs and give ourselves a shot next week
I’m glad you have special powers and can see the future... I’m sure you predicted a win against UH today huh?
Chill Green Snowflake! I predicted us to go 8-4 before the season. I’ll settle for 6-6
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Guys we just got our best win a good while. Let's all enjoy it.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks to Chris Scelfo for helping us get a win!!!
DrBox
Riptide

winwave wrote:Thanks to Chris Scelfo for helping us get a win!!!
8 years the coach. 8. what school in their right mind...

Forget that. Big Win. Roll Wave!
Houma de Wave
Swell

Back home from the game and MAN, AM I GLAD I HAVE SEASON TICKETS AND GO TO THE GAMES!!!!!!! Fritz did a fine job. Defense was outstanding and I got to see a whole different game live at the stadium than what some saw on the boob tube. Real Tulane fans we’re high-fivin’ each other in victory and not second-guessing a doggone thing. It was a great walk to the car and an even better drive home. The program is showing progress in spite of all the defectors. Looking forward to the SMU game!
netshorty
Surge

Houma de Wave wrote:Back home from the game and MAN, AM I GLAD I HAVE SEASON TICKETS AND GO TO THE GAMES!!!!!!! Fritz did a fine job. Defense was outstanding and I got to see a whole different game live at the stadium than what some saw on the boob tube. Real Tulane fans we’re high-fivin’ each other in victory and not second-guessing a doggone thing. It was a great walk to the car and an even better drive home. The program is showing progress in spite of all the defectors. Looking forward to the SMU game!
What a sh*tty post!
RobertM320
Green Wave

This is pretty much exactly what most of us expected at the beginning of the season. We'd lose one or two we expected to win, and we'd win one or two we expected to lose. Hence, 5 or 6 wins. And here we are, 5-6, with one to go. There are some that will be miserable and say, "we could be 8-3 right now, because we could have beaten Navy, FIU and Cincy". But lets look at it another way. Banks has led the team to THREE wins in the 4th quarter or overtime. We could have very easily lost to Army, ECU and Houston, and be sitting at 2-9 with one game left. Would you prefer that? As I've said many times before, TRUST THE PROCESS. Willie Fritz will get us there.

BTW, don't think for a minute that Houston isn't more talented than we are. Even though they graduated a lot of talent last season, the majority of the players on the field today for Houston were on the field last season when they beat both Oklahoma and Louisville. This is a solid win.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Dupergreenie
Surge

Go kill yourself.
greenphantom
Swell

Dupergreenie wrote:
Go kill yourself.
Florida International already took care of that. Have a nice evening
Wavetime
Swell

Please be positive, we earned it today!!!
Dave breslin
Swell

Robert M. Good post. All good points. Beating better talent is a MUST at Tulane. That gets down to coaching Thanks Willie. Do it next week!!!
greenphantom
Swell

Wavetime wrote:

Please be positive, we earned it today!!!
Umm. Calling today a great win is being negative? As far as next week’s comment, that was tongue in cheek. It’s no secret that Tulane usually lets us down. Hopefully next week won’t be the case.
Wavetrader
Low Tide

Agree with Houma. Glad I flew in flew in for this game to watch it with the real fans. Awesome high fives and emotion winning this game. Let it sink in. This is only the second time in 14 years we’ve won 5 games. I’m not sure we should count the bowl year in 2013 since we played football powers North Texas, UTSA, Rice, UTEP, South Alabama, etc. Fritz is the man. We win eight games or more next year if we have the right qb. Who is going to the SMU game with me?
"There is winning and there is misery". BP
RobertM320
Green Wave

Wavetrader wrote:Agree with Houma. Glad I flew in flew in for this game to watch it with the real fans. Awesome high fives and emotion winning this game. Let it sink in. This is only the second time in 14 years we’ve won 5 games. I’m not sure we should count the bowl year in 2013 since we played football powers North Texas, UTSA, Rice, UTEP, South Alabama, etc. Fritz is the man. We win eight games or more next year if we have the right qb. Who is going to the SMU game with me?
LOL... You mean the North Texas that just beat Army 52-49 and stopped their 6 game winning streak? Army hadn't lost since they played us.

But yes, the QB will always be key for us.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Wavetrader
Low Tide

Good point, but I thought we already established with some on this site that Army and Navy are not “good” teams. So North Texas beating Army does not prove they are a “good” team.
"There is winning and there is misery". BP
greenphantom
Swell

Wavetrader wrote:Agree with Houma. Glad I flew in flew in for this game to watch it with the real fans. Awesome high fives and emotion winning this game. Let it sink in. This is only the second time in 14 years we’ve won 5 games. I’m not sure we should count the bowl year in 2013 since we played football powers North Texas, UTSA, Rice, UTEP, South Alabama, etc. Fritz is the man. We win eight games or more next year if we have the right qb. Who is going to the SMU game with me?
I like the way Banks played and Encalade is a beast. We should be able to air it out more next year. OL should be much improved. That being said, I’m very concerned about the losses on defense.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Seniors lead Tulane to a win:

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... b59e2.html

Graham returned to the sideline in the 3rd quarter.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Fake news!
Tulane (6-6, 4-4) took the lead late in the fourth quarter after quarterback Jonathan Banks connected with receiver Terren Encalade on a 64-yard touchdown pass.
I wish we were 4-4 in conference and 6-6.

Did anyone notice if Glenn Cuillette walked with the Seniors?

ROLL WAVE!
Last edited by DfromCT on Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Hippiecoog wrote:Congrats to Tulane. Good luck the rest of the way.

Too bad we can't fire our incompetent head coach and his staff. Very unacceptable performance this season.
I have to admit, I was shocked the DC did not get the Houston HC job, he is doing one hell of a job at Texas
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !