Talk about the latest recruits here.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

A QB from Mississippi has committed:

http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... atric.html

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
AugWave
Swell

His tape looks good. Better than some of the other QB's I've seen in this year's QB class...
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
JerseyWave
Riptide

Offers from Army and Navy so he should be solid on the academic/citizenship side. I like his tape too.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Welcome Mr. Shegog! Having spent 3.5 years in Memphis, I can tell you that South Panola has a powerhouse football program in Mississippi (right near Oxford).

Mr. Shegog is listed at 6'0, 170 lbs.

I haven't had time to look at his tape, but here's his hudl:

http://www.hudl.com/profile/5289211/patrick-shegog

I can't find his 24/7 page, nor Scout, nor Rivals, nor ESPN, but I did find some Mississippi High School football talk about Mr. Shegog

http://scout.com/high-school/mississipp ... n-54698144

Here's an article about his team in 2016

http://www.sesportsinsider.com/single-p ... ly-In-2016

With Mr. Shegog, he is the second QB or could be the first one in light of Mr. Amare Jones playing RB. More information to come once I dig some more. Roll DAMN WAVE
Aberzombie1892
Swell

This guy is exactly the type of QB that Tulane has a good shot at actually signing.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Aberzombie1892 wrote:This guy is exactly the type of QB that Tulane has a good shot at actually signing.
Zombie with the optimistic outlook again... :lol:
Ruski
Swell

He won this pre-season accolade:
https://twitter.com/SESMississippi/stat ... 6647103489 The other kids are all ranked medium to high 3 stars on 247. 3 commited to Miss St. 1 to Notre Dame. And the last one picking between Louisville and Miss St.

Looks like Fritz truly might've found a diamond in the rough. Hope we can hold him.
Ruski
Swell

University of South Panola gets over 10-12k for some of their rivalry games. Can we get this kid to sign something like right now?!!
Jaxwave
Swell

And he hits the hole on QB draws!
Dupergreenie
Surge

Aberzombie1892 wrote:This guy is exactly the type of QB that Tulane has a good shot at actually signing.
This would be a player that would probably be asked to change position at other schools but will get a legit shot at qb here. I liked how he stayed in the pocket as defenders were in his face.
galvezwave
Swell

Dupergreenie wrote:
This would be a player that would probably be asked to change position at other schools but will get a legit shot at qb here. I liked how he stayed in the pocket as defenders were in his face.
not at navy necessarily. I qb target for them should be a good target for fritzs offense. And I agree. Good pocket presence. Looks decisive and aware .
Dupergreenie
Surge

galvezwave wrote:
Dupergreenie wrote:
not at navy necessarily. I qb target for them should be a good target for fritzs offense. And I agree. Good pocket presence. Looks decisive and aware .
I didn't mean schools like navy/army. My mistake. I was referring to schools like Tulsa UCF and what not.
galvezwave
Swell

Dupergreenie wrote:
galvezwave wrote:
Dupergreenie wrote:
I didn't mean schools like navy/army. My mistake. I was referring to schools like Tulsa UCF and what not.
Oh yeah , absolutely.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Hopefully he means this sincerely. I do think one thing Fritz is doing right is identifying some of these targets early and developing the relationships. Hopefully we'll see more of these in the future.
Army, Navy and Central Arkansas were his other offers besides Tulane, which won him over on his visit to the campus two weeks ago. He said his commitment is firm even if Power Five programs begin recruiting him this fall.

“They were the first group that took a chance on me,” he said. “They showed more love than anybody else. That’s why I decided to go take a visit, and I loved everything about my visit. I like how it was a family environment, and everybody seemed cool. I wanted to be a part of that.”
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

Sure would be nice if we actually hold on to this guy. These are his stats for game 1 of the season. Four TDs
https://twitter.com/JaredReddingSES/sta ... 4966262785
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Jaxwave
Swell

I'm afraid this will end up being another Lindsey Scott situation where some P5 will come in and make him feel he's their guy when in fact there aren't many his size playing QB in P5 football.
lurker123
Swell

Jaxwave wrote:I'm afraid this will end up being another Lindsey Scott situation where some P5 will come in and make him feel he's their guy when in fact there aren't many his size playing QB in P5 football.
Hope you're wrong. But if not, he lives closer to Last Chance University than Scott does.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Jaxwave wrote:I'm afraid this will end up being another Lindsey Scott situation where some P5 will come in and make him feel he's their guy when in fact there aren't many his size playing QB in P5 football.

He did say that his commitment is firm, even if Power Five programs come recruiting him this fall. Let's see how true he is to his word. See earlier post.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:Sure would be nice if we actually hold on to this guy. These are his stats for game 1 of the season. Four TDs
https://twitter.com/JaredReddingSES/sta ... 4966262785
Here are some highlights from last night's game. Mr. Shegog has very nice touch on passing the ball. I really really really hope he stays firm and becomes a greenie.

https://twitter.com/tj_wjtv/status/898662027111145472
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

Disappointed to see this. Then again, if Fritz likes the 3 star kid that just committed better, he may not want two QBs in the class, or he's still hoping to have a shot at Lindsay Scott.
https://twitter.com/PShegog7_/status/930913322609926145
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:Disappointed to see this. Then again, if Fritz likes the 3 star kid that just committed better, he may not want two QBs in the class, or he's still hoping to have a shot at Lindsay Scott.
https://twitter.com/PShegog7_/status/930913322609926145

It's the Left Hander's
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !