Line Closes UH 9 pts. > Tulane – The Spread Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Wave755
Tsunami

Spread Opens UH 9.5 pts. > Wave (Rotation nos. 397-398 for Vegas Sheet).

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-foo ... las-vegas/

UH (6-3, 4-2 AAC) “body of work” to date:

1) 9/2 – UH, UTSA Cancelled;
2) 9/9 – UH 19, Arizona 16;
3) 9/16 – UH 33, Rice 3;
4) 9/23 – Texas Tech 27, UH 24;
5) 9/30 – UH 20, Temple 13;
6) 10/7 – UH 35, SMU 22;
7) 10/14 – Tulsa 45, UH 17 ;
8) 10/19 – Memphis 42, UH 38;
9) 10/28 – UH 28, USF 24;
10) 11/4 – UH 52, ECU 27.

Vegas thinks with a break or 2 we could win this game.
Last edited by Wave755 on Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I think Vegas is thinking "Broken Legs and Arms"...something they know a great deal of !!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
lurker123
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:I think Vegas is thinking "Broken Legs and Arms"...something they know a great deal of !!
Sorry but I don't get it. Why do you and others around here mock your own team? What's the point of being a fan? You don't have to be delusional or even wear green eye shades but that's a long way from demeaning those who you say you root for. Again what's the point?
GreenLantern
Riptide

Tulsa 45 - UH 17.... What? This score slipped by me unnoticed.

I suppose that on a given Saturday, anything is possible. I'm old enough to say that I watched perhaps the greatest upset in sports history when the 18 point underdog Jets beat the Baltimore Colts. So why not us and why not now?

If we beat Houston, we will beat SMU.
msdos
Swell

lurker123 wrote:Sorry but I don't get it. Why do you and others around here mock your own team?
because our team fucking sucks
Wave755
Tsunami

GreenLantern wrote:Tulsa 45 - UH 17.... What? This score slipped by me unnoticed.
Yep, I really double checked that score on both ESPN & FB before posting it, and let's hope the "Cougs" have their Tulsa "game faces" on for Saturday. ;)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Houston had a bye this past weekend so they will probably come in rested and ready to play with the extra time to prepare.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote:Houston had a bye this past weekend so they will probably come in rested and ready to play with the extra time to prepare.
I notice we did draw the short straw on several occasions this season. We got Houston after their bye, Cincinnati after their bye, and we played Memphis on a 6 day turnaround where they had 8. Unusual since most games are played on Saturdays that we'd be shorted 3 times in a 12 game season.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Houston had a bye this past weekend so they will probably come in rested and ready to play with the extra time to prepare.
I notice we did draw the short straw on several occasions this season. We got Houston after their bye, Cincinnati after their bye, and we played Memphis on a 6 day turnaround where they had 8. Unusual since most games are played on Saturdays that we'd be shorted 3 times in a 12 game season.
Yes. Probably has to do with us being a bottom dweller since joining the AAC.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

lurker123 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:I think Vegas is thinking "Broken Legs and Arms"...something they know a great deal of !!
Sorry but I don't get it. Why do you and others around here mock your own team? What's the point of being a fan? You don't have to be delusional or even wear green eye shades but that's a long way from demeaning those who you say you root for. Again what's the point?
I may misunderstand your point of view...I did not mean Tulane to have broken arms or legs...but if something happened in Houston, say a broken hand or sprained ankle to their better players, that might be the "breaks" Vegas is talking about...U make your own breaks, Tulane at this point and for several years has not made many "in game breaks"....I always remember what a former coach said about "Luck"..he told us "luck" is just proper preparation meeting opportunity ....something else Tulane has been short of...and that is not mocking anyone, just posting the truth
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golf- they can't handle the truth.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
nawlinspete
Riptide

winwave wrote:golf- they can't handle the truth.
So it's not the facilities stupid.….
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
winwave
Top of the WAVE

See golf- I told you they couldn't handle the truth.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
swampnik
Surge

My take on "Golf's" post was that Houston used to have a very deserved reputation for deliberate dirty hit tactics against opposing teams that could cripple a player (case in point a few years back our QB S?).
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

swampnik wrote:My take on "Golf's" post was that Houston used to have a very deserved reputation for deliberate dirty hit tactics against opposing teams that could cripple a player (case in point a few years back our QB S?).
The original post on this thread, noted " Vegas thinks, with a few "breaks", Tulane could win this game"... since it was Vegas, I commented on the "breaks" that used to happen there on a regular basis
Bigschtick
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote:
swampnik wrote:My take on "Golf's" post was that Houston used to have a very deserved reputation for deliberate dirty hit tactics against opposing teams that could cripple a player (case in point a few years back our QB S?).
The original post on this thread, noted " Vegas thinks, with a few "breaks", Tulane could win this game"... since it was Vegas, I commented on the "breaks" that used to happen there on a regular basis

I am with swampnik's interpretation on this. Houston plays dirty. A team I route against as much as LSU! :)
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bigschtick wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:

I am with swampnik's interpretation on this. Houston plays dirty. A team I route against as much as LSU! :)
Big, U and swampnik may be on target with your comments about UH..I have not seen them that much, I did see them against L'Ville last year and they were very physical and beat the hell out of them, which I did not mind since I am not much of a Bobby P fan...that said, we have not seen many physical teams at Tulane in the last 40 years, maybe it is time for us to be thought of as dirty, and just physically beat the hell out of somebody/someone...
Wave755
Tsunami

Bigschtick wrote: I am with swampnik's interpretation on this. Houston plays dirty. A team I route against as much as LSU! :)
Attached find video for Houston's "dirty play" late hit against us in 2008 breaking the collar bone of QB Joe Kemp. Houston deserves our hatred, & "Cougar High" is a "piece of feces" university other than for its law school. The Kemp video is still painful to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXG74PFs4N8

TP article on Houston 2008 "cheap shot": http://blog.nola.com/tulanebeat/2008/11 ... who_b.html

9.5 pt. underdogs beat the spread & win at home all the time, Roll Wave Roll on Saturday!!!
Wave755
Tsunami

Wave fans, O/U 53.5 pts. Looks like Vegas thinks UH will be in the 30s, & us in the teens?
IM42lane
Swell

GreenLantern wrote: Tulsa 45 - UH 17 .... What? This score slipped by me unnoticed.

I suppose that on a given Saturday, anything is possible. I'm old enough to say that I watched perhaps the greatest upset in sports history when the 18 point underdog Jets beat the Baltimore Colts. So why not us and why not now?

If we beat Houston, we will beat SMU.
It's amazing that Tulsa rolled up a score on U/H like that.
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
Wave755
Tsunami

Line closes UH 9 pts. > Wave. Little movement in spread whole week. O/U moves to 48 pts..