MBB 2018 Early Signees

Talk about the latest recruits here.
RobertM320
Green Wave

3-star SF Moses Wood of Nevada signs with Tulane. Article says he's listed at 6-6, but may actually be 6-8. Some good info in the article.
https://twitter.com/FearTheWaveBlog/sta ... 2321048578

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
waveclem
Surge

Hate to be the scrooge here but I am thoroughly unimpressed with this signing. I said it when he committed that I was hoping that this was a case where the kid committed without the knowledge of the coaching staff. I was wrong.
I hope I am wrong as far as this kid being able to contribute and play in the AAC but judging strictly from his highlights and my non-expertise basketball eye he doesn't look the part. Really skinny and non-explosive is what I see. :oops

Still, ROLL WAVE
RobertM320
Green Wave

waveclem wrote:Hate to be the scrooge here but I am thoroughly unimpressed with this signing. I said it when he committed that I was hoping that this was a case where the kid committed without the knowledge of the coaching staff. I was wrong.
I hope I am wrong as far as this kid being able to contribute and play in the AAC but judging strictly from his highlights and my non-expertise basketball eye he doesn't look the part. Really skinny and non-explosive is what I see. :oops

Still, ROLL WAVE
I just looked at the video. He's a white, high school kid. He's not going to have hops like LeBron James. Maybe instead he's the next Gordon Hayward. I'd be ok with that.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:
waveclem wrote:Hate to be the scrooge here but I am thoroughly unimpressed with this signing. I said it when he committed that I was hoping that this was a case where the kid committed without the knowledge of the coaching staff. I was wrong.

Still, ROLL WAVE
I just looked at the video. He's a white, high school kid. He's not going to have hops like LeBron James. Maybe instead he's the next Gordon Hayward. I'd be ok with that.
Anyone remember what Chris Mullin or Christian Laettner looked like as college freshman? Both went on to become two of the best NCAA basketball players all-time.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
galvezwave
Swell

He's got a nice stroke. Hits over 40% from 3 and decent from the ft line. A kid with length that can hit the 3 is useful and can find a role. Especially if he can grow another couple inches. The video doesn't show much, I looked up his stats. Concensus 3 star. I'm not gonna hate on him yet. And his name is Moses.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I've also been told that the video was a year old? And he's got another year before he even gets to Tulane. Here's what this guy thinks:

This in a sport where 300+ schools play D1 basketball.
https://twitter.com/MurrayRGJ/status/929044152930648064
galvezwave
Swell

Poor man's dunleavy jr?
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Did we only have 1 early signee?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
RobertM320
Green Wave

I think I saw posted somewhere that we only have two schollys available this year in MBB. Dunleavy is probably saving it for the right player.
https://twitter.com/quickpitches32/stat ... 6035807235
RobertM320
Green Wave

RobertM320
Green Wave

Here's some more film of Moses Wood. Its more current, July of 2017.
https://twitter.com/Woodman710/status/8 ... 1764436992
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks R320. That's better than the earlier video.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.