Coaching Changes

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

The Wisconsin coach has resigned....to go to Oregon State...something is not quite right in Madison, Wisc...maybe Barry Alvarez needs to leave town

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
nawlinspete
Riptide

Willie Fritz to Kansas According to Football Scoop.Com
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Show Me
Tsunami

nawlinspete wrote:According to Football Scoop.Com
Link?
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Yes, very interested to see this source...
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Here comes the BS Flag on this thread! C'mon Man! Be real.

The last thing on that site about Willie Fritz is an article from last spring about Coach Fritz bringing Forte and Michael Parenton to talk to the team.

What payoff does someone like Pete get from posting such Bu!!sh!t?

http://footballscoop.com/?s=Willie+Fritz
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
nawlinspete
Riptide

DfromCT wrote:Here comes the BS Flag on this thread!

The last thing on that site about Willie Fritz is an article from last spring about Coach Fritz bringing Forte and Michael Parenton to talk to the team.

Even though DfromCT does not know how to read all others should read NUCLEAR WINTER.... This is the same uninformed DfromCT who told me years ago that his close great sources at Duke confirmed that Duke would never play us in FB and asked where was I getting such Bullshit from....
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

nawlinspete wrote:

Even though DfromCT does not know how to read all others should read NUCLEAR WINTER.... This is the same uninformed DfromCT who told me years ago that his close great sources at Duke confirmed that Duke would never play us in FB and asked where was I getting such bullsh*t from....
I never said I had sources at Duke with ties to football. Get your story straight, PAL. I have sources at Duke close to basketball, including a relative that is on first name basis with Coach K. And I NEVER said anything about Duke refusing to schedule Tulane.

POST YOUR LINK AND SHUT ME UP. PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

OTHERWISE THE BS FLAG IS STILL OUT. I posted my link. Until you post your link at the website you claim, I won't reply to any more of your trolling. If you prove me wrong, I'll post and admit I"m wrong. But I'd love to take a reading comprehension test with you. I think you're a whole lot closer to illiterate (if you know what that means) than me.

Mods should delete this thread entirely.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

DfromCT wrote:
nawlinspete wrote:

Even though DfromCT does not know how to read all others should read NUCLEAR WINTER.... This is the same uninformed DfromCT who told me years ago that his close great sources at Duke confirmed that Duke would never play us in FB and asked where was I getting such bullsh*t from....
I never said I had sources at Duke with ties to football. Get your story straight, PAL. I have sources at Duke close to basketball, including a relative that is on first name basis with Coach K.

OTHERWISE THE BS FLAG IS STILL OUT. I posted my link. Until you post your link at the website you claim, I won't reply to any more of your trolling. If you prove me wrong, I'll post and admit I"m wrong. But I'd love to take a reading comprehension test with you. I think you're a whole lot closer to illiterate (if you know what that means) than me.

D, it's a joke based on a mini series they do over there

http://footballscoop.com/news/footballs ... inter-3-0/
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
nawlinspete wrote:

I never said I had sources at Duke with ties to football. Get your story straight, PAL. I have sources at Duke close to basketball, including a relative that is on first name basis with Coach K.

Thanks, GL. I don't appreciate the joke, but I have a lot of pent up anger (as winwave will tell you!) :oops: :roll: :oops:
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:
GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
nawlinspete wrote:

Thanks, GL. I don't appreciate the joke, but I have a lot of pent up anger (as winwave will tell you!) :oops: :roll: :oops:
You, anger? Nah. :mrgreen:
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Jaxwave
Swell

My hopes got up reading the title of this thread. I hate this offense!
JerseyWave
Riptide

We could only hope. It would give Dannen a do over.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Just curious, but did any of the names of coaches released pique anyone's interest as to a possible replacement if Kansas were to take Fritz? Just spitballing here. Jim Mora, Jr.? Bret Bielma? What about Kliff Kingsbury? At least we know he'd score tons of points and his teams would be fun to watch. And then we wouldn't even have to worry about whether we could get DTs or not, because his teams don't play defense anyway.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
IM42lane
Swell

Regards,
"Pete" Madere
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:Just curious, but did any of the names of coaches released pique anyone's interest as to a possible replacement if Kansas were to take Fritz? Just spitballing here. Jim Mora, Jr.? Bret Bielma? What about Kliff Kingsbury? At least we know he'd score tons of points and his teams would be fun to watch. And then we wouldn't even have to worry about whether we could get DTs or not, because his teams don't play defense anyway.
Mora...Bielma...Kingsbury....GAWD NO TO ALL THREE..... Mora can't win at a "directional school".....Bielma, just can't win and is an arrogant SOB...Kingsbury can't win at K-State West...low admissions, and any an all JUCO's welcome, He was a terrible hire to begin with.... I vote to drop Football, convert Yulman into a basketball arena and performance(?) center and Tulane become the UNO of the AAC.....other than that, you may want to look West,but just as far as San Antonio for your next Coach, because not that many people want to come to Tulane, they would rather stay as a high paid assistant at a school committed to winning
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

Sorry, I have no interest in Frank Wilson, with the way Fletcher Mackel wanted to shove him down our throat the last time.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:Sorry, I have no interest in Frank Wilson, with the way Fletcher Mackel wanted to shove him down our throat the last time.
Frank may be the only person who would come to Tulane, and the only reason he would come is to get home so to speak...my first choice is the DC @ UT...but I am sure there are more high profile schools on his wish list...and what is a Fletcher Mackel ?
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I have zero interest in Rich Rodriquez at this point as well. He'd only play us against other schools he was looking at like he did last time around. RR was screwed by Cowen, and has no problem sticking it to us every chance he gets. Once again, that ship has sailed.

At the same time I don't think Fritz is going anywhere at least through next year, probably through 2019 as well. Remember, this is Tulane.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Ha. Willie Fritz to Kansas. I suppose Tanner Lee will be his offensive coordinator.
wave97
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:Sorry, I have no interest in Frank Wilson, with the way Fletcher Mackel wanted to shove him down our throat the last time.
Frank may be the only person who would come to Tulane, and the only reason he would come is to get home so to speak...my first choice is the DC @ UT...but I am sure there are more high profile schools on his wish list...and what is a Fletcher Mackel ?[/quote

Give Frank Wilson the budget to put together a staff & we'd have an infusion of god given talent right off the bat. Frank, Anthony & Jason? Jason & Lionel as co-dc's? Bo Davis d-l coach? David Johnson from Memphis if he doesn't follow Norvell?
IM42lane
Swell

DfromCT wrote:I have zero interest in Rich Rodriquez at this point as well. He'd only play us against other schools he was looking at like he did last time around. RR was screwed by Cowen , and has no problem sticking it to us every chance he gets. Once again, that ship has sailed.

At the same time I don't think Fritz is going anywhere at least through next year, probably through 2019 as well. Remember, this is Tulane.
Cowen is NO LONGER HERE, correct? Or, is the sorry b-st--d still lurking around Tulane somewhere.
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

IM42lane wrote:
DfromCT wrote:I have zero interest in Rich Rodriquez at this point as well. He'd only play us against other schools he was looking at like he did last time around. RR was screwed by Cowen , and has no problem sticking it to us every chance he gets. Once again, that ship has sailed.

Cowen is NO LONGER HERE, correct? Or, is the sorry b-st--d still lurking around Tulane somewhere.
Cowen is still around...his "Institute" as I understand is located on the Tulane Campus..
Wavetime
Swell

GreenLantern wrote:Ha. Willie Fritz to Kansas. I suppose Tanner Lee will be his offensive coordinator.
This was a great quote!!! Have to give you kudos on this one!!!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

IM42lane wrote:

The stench of Cowen is still here. The luster on RR has worn off. For me, in a big way.

Smile at the memory and move on. We're not in the 90's any more, and Rich Rodriquez has made it clear he would rather coach elsewhere. Then again, who's to say he doesn't retire when he leaves Arizona.
pansdad
Ripple

I would say that RR has been a disappointment at Arizona. He will never win the PAC and his team is up or down. He probably would do well at Tulane but I don't think we will ever find out.