Next year will be worse

Talk about the latest recruits here.
wave97
Swell

This year we are running a three-man defensive front because we can field only three d-lineman. All three will be graduating this Spring.
Ade has been playing inside, his edge rushing was a thing from last year. His absence from a seven-technique DE to a five-technique DT hasn't helped with our pass defense but learning how to play inside may actually help Ade if he is picked up by an NFL team. The days of having Redwine, Welcome, Warmsley, Smart & Davenport are gone, how has this happened?
Last edited by wave97 on Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wave755
Tsunami

Let's hope next year we can actually run a triple option offense. Since we can't pitch the ball, this is still not the offense WF advertised to us when he interviewed for the Tulane job.
anEngineer
Riptide

Oh no!!! This can't be!!! Tulane is not allowed to get more players like other teams do? Maybe the other schools just keep their good players as long as they want. The NCAA needs to get to the bottom of this. I wonder if Coach Fritz knew about this when he took the job.
wave97
Swell

There's nothing in the pipeline fool!
sader24
Tsunami

It's pretty obvious we need at least 6 juco or eligible transfer starters next year.
wave97
Swell

We don't exactly have a group of dynamic recruiting personalities on this staff. Recruiting JUCO's may prove to be more of an uphill fight than high school kids.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

sader24 wrote:It's pretty obvious we need at least 6 juco or eligible transfer starters next year.
We do. The problem is they are usually of the same quality as our HS recruits.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Jaxwave
Swell

When you ask how the pipeline dried up, I am inclined to ask how did we get that many good ones over that 5 year period. I posted many a thread for years and years that I rated each Tulane recruiting class by their recruitment of good sized and skilled Defensive linemen. Between the days of Charlie Hall and Nathan Bell and those linemen you note in your thread, there was only Wilfred Simon who excelled on the DL. Good DLmen at Tulane is the exception not the rule. We are now reverting back to our norm where the defenses are really bad.
wave97
Swell

Jaxwave wrote:When you ask how the pipeline dried up, I am inclined to ask how did we get that many good ones over that 5 year period. I posted many a thread for years and years that I rated each Tulane recruiting class by their recruitment of good sized and skilled Defensive linemen. Between the days of Charlie Hall and Nathan Bell and those linemen you note in your thread, there was only Wilfred Simon who excelled on the DL. Good DLmen at Tulane is the exception not the rule. We are now reverting back to our norm where the defenses are really bad.
Good point. Warmsley, Welcome & Redwine were Toledo recruits. Wilson Brothers, Aruna & Tanzel (+Davenport) were CJ guys.
I've enjoyed watching the play of our d-line for the last five years. After graduating, I really didn't follow the program until I found this forum in 2013.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

winwave wrote:
sader24 wrote:It's pretty obvious we need at least 6 juco or eligible transfer starters next year.
We do. The problem is they are usually of the same quality as our HS recruits.
Win has been saying this since last recruiting cycle, the depth of our D-Line is bad and it seems like it's getting worse without much sign of trying to sign defensive tackles.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Whether its next year or many years into the future, its difficult, if not impossible, to have any optimism that we
will ever have a football program at Tulane that we can be proud of. Its simply not in Tulane's DNA to care about
successful athletics. What I really find quite amazing is Tulane incompetency.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

We have a disaster for a Athletics Business Model..but please come to Tulane's Freeman's School of Business and learn from Us !!!!....yeah, sure I will !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
sader24
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote:We have a disaster for a Athletics Business Model..but please come to Tulane's Freeman's School of Business and learn from Us !!!!....yeah, sure I will !!!!
This is what has always astounded me. Makes you wonder.
pansdad
Ripple

My name for the Tulane Defense over the last decade (and for some time before Bowden/RR) is the GREEN WAVERS. They wave at the offensive guy as he passes by. :cry:
Show Me
Tsunami

Next year likely going to be Fritz’s third straight losing season. He won’t win in the AAC with this offense. No way no how.
Wave QB
Swell

A C-USA team trapped in the American Conference. Many of you enjoy 1 conference game on a regular basis.

It took me more time that expected, but I finally realized that we weren't serious about big time FBS football a few years ago. Let's just hope we can get a schedule that can give us the best shot at seeing our kids in a bowl game next year.