Tulane lose Battle of the Bottom Bowl 17-16

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
galvezwave
Swell

Can't pin it on the kicker bless his heart. He's here for the education and we wouldn't have stopped cincy in the 2 minute drill anyway. He kept us in the game.

The passing game was working, so we stop throwing. Refs , like someone said, were dying for us to win. Which is something I have never seen.

Willie should get another year, but it doesn't matter. Nobody will come here.

And those lamenting the empty seats. Really?? you watch this team and wonder why the stadium is empty?

banks was heroic and mooney was fantastic. Teamer made a game saving tackle when it mattered. Everything else , meh.

galvezwave
Swell

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:I’ll be brutally honest, 4-9 is our future if we’re lucky.
Who do you think we can beat that's left?
GreenLantern
Riptide

Will someone please explain how this can be the same team that totally dominated Tulsa?
TURVS71
Swell

Let me preface my statement by saying that I have invested thousands of dollars (6 season tickets and annual contributions for many, many years. I have attended many away games over the years , 2 this year) I am sick and tired and disgusted with the quality of the product being put out by this Athletic Department. It has been and continues to be an EMBARRASSMENT to the school and this community. I don't know what the answer is but for some reason, Tulane just can't get it right. The incompetence on this coaching staff is quite obvious. As a very long time fan and parent of former athlete, I AM DISGUSTED....Serious consideration as to the continuance of this debacle needs to happen...Very, very embarrassing and for the powers to be at Tulane to expect us to continue to support such futility is ludicrous.
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
GreenLantern
Riptide

Q: How bad is it?
A: It is so bad there is a thread on the YOGGIE site with the title "I'm done with this Mickey Mouse horse shiat". It must be bad.
Wavetime
Swell

I'm not going to get into the coaching or the offense. In my opinion we lost this game when we didn't score a TD before halftime. Same scene in the second half. We were inside their 5 twice and got 6 pts.

We lost because they dominated the lines.
Last edited by Wavetime on Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RobertM320
Green Wave

GreenLantern wrote:Will someone please explain how this can be the same team that totally dominated Tulsa?
Forget Tulsa, how did we beat 7-2 Army?

It just seems like in the Tulsa game we were completely bought in to the system, and its like the loss to FIU completely destroyed the entire team's confidence. That's on coaching I would think.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
chain gang x man
Swell

Wave755 wrote:Game over, we blow 36 yard field goal. Another Homecoming disaster.
The ball was on the right hashmark if you’re going to go for the field goal why don’t you run to the middle of the field to give t kicker a better shot. No we stay on the right hashmark giving the kicker a tight angle

Is Price calling the plays
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

4th straight week we’ve regressed now.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

galvezwave wrote:
GreenPuddleSplash wrote:I’ll be brutally honest, 4-9 is our future if we’re lucky.
Who do you think we can beat that's left?
ECU is who I think we will beat.
Dave breslin
Swell

I’ve waited for the booze to wear off before posting on this forum—gotula bitchslap. I was chastised for calling us a turd after FIU, but that’s the way we play. Even called childish by An Engieer(now I know why we dropped it after that rhetort). But,I had more faith in this coaching staff and was sure it had to be better than CJs diarrhea. I’m wrong again. Mea culpa. This is a high school operation on offense and an abortion on pass defense. We will never out physical anyone unless we do the D3 wish of Cowen. Dive plays with players larger than us is stupid. Where is the outside speed of Badie? Is short passing against college football rules? I could go on but I’ll see you at Rock and Bowl for our bowl game
winwave
Top of the WAVE

chain gang x man wrote:
Wave755 wrote:Game over, we blow 36 yard field goal. Another Homecoming disaster.
The ball was on the right hashmark if you’re going to go for the field goal why don’t you run to the middle of the field to give t kicker a better shot. No we stay on the right hashmark giving the kicker a tight angle

Is Price calling the plays
CJ should have done the same thing a couple of years ago against Tulsa. Lucky us we have yet another coach that doesn't get it. He got bood loudly and deservedly so. Unfortunately that probably means he'll dig in even more on the running game just to show us. :roll:
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote:To win, some aspect of the game must be better than average. This was a total team effort. We failed in every part of the game.
Yep. Failed in all three phases and coaching.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote:Will someone please explain how this can be the same team that totally dominated Tulsa?
Simple. Tulsa is really bad and they did everything they could to get out of playing the game. Right after they landed the mayor had ordered a 6pm curfew. They literally didn't want to be here.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Dave breslin wrote:I’ve waited for the booze to wear off before posting on this forum—gotula bitchslap. I was chastised for calling us a turd after FIU, but that’s the way we play. Even called childish by An Engieer(now I know why we dropped it after that rhetort). But,I had more faith in this coaching staff and was sure it had to be better than CJs diarrhea. I’m wrong again. Mea culpa. This is a high school operation on offense and an abortion on pass defense. We will never out physical anyone unless we do the D3 wish of Cowen. Dive plays with players larger than us is stupid. Where is the outside speed of Badie? Is short passing against college football rules? I could go on but I’ll see you at Rock and Bowl for our bowl game
I feel your pain Dave. After the FIU game I called him out for his remarks that we were just going to keep running the ball b/c that's what we do. I caught flak here and elsewhere for that. Well I knew we were screwed this week when his OC said the same thing- "we run the ball, everybody knows we run the ball and that's what we are going to do." NEWSFLASH - WE AREN'T ALABAMA.

If everybody really wants to protest send him a retirement card this week.
Wave QB
Swell

A C-USA team trapped in a AAC conference.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

a D-!AA team that would finish last in CUSA.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

swampnik
Surge

TU could not take advantage of the 100+ penalty yards against Cincy yet Cincy bascially won cause on one holding penalty on TU after Hillard ran for 65 yard TD in 1st quarter. No where else but Tulane.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
sader24
Tsunami

We beat Tulsa bc they had no desire to be here and were scared shitless of the hurricane. I hate to say it but this football program is done with. The coaching last night was absolutely abysmal. Fritz lost numerous games last year bc he was a terrible in game coach but I and others ignored it. Every decision he made last night was moronic. He is either a bad coach or a coach trying desperate tactics to make up for a huge talent deficit. I have had enough on all fronts with the towing of my car, the being held hostage with mandatory donations to buy season tickets, the bad coaching, the incompetent athletic director, the horrible stadium concessions, the taking my umbrella before the last game, the whole disasterous operation. I wanted to be done after Dannen refused to hire Cannizaro but I kept going. I am now officially done until a major sport does something worthwhile.
Dave breslin
Swell

Sader, I’m with you. Can’t wait to have the call for renewing my season tix(after 40 years) so that I can hang up on them. I had hope after the Dick and windbag left. But selling hype with NO respectable results isn’t cutting it. There is a disease in this operation and the only cure is winning. This won’t happen with high school coaching.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

It’s disappointing that in year 2, Tulane needs to win @ECU, Houston, and @SMU just to reach a bowl. What’s far worse than that is that who believes Tulane will win six next year? With UAB, Ohio State, and Wake Forest OOC along with the same conference schedule this season (only reversed home/away), a bowl season will probably be too big of an ask even with decent transfers.

Fritz would probably still get a 4th year without a bowl in years 1-3, but should he get it?