Cincy Game Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The homecoming game is at 3 on ESPN3.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Good sign to see players holding others accountable.
Franklin and Jackson did not like the energy in Tuesday’s practice, saying it would be addressed Wednesday.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

anEngineer
Riptide

A lot of people talking about how "bad" Cincinnati is. I don't see that in their body of work. They are certainly not good, but scores seems mostly respectable. I am expecting a win because we tend to play well at home and I think we are better than we are being given credit for (especially on this site), but I don't expect or demand a blowout.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We'll be wearing the interlocking TU on the helmets, blue jersey's and white pants.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Here's the video. I like what they went through to find the right images. The Media Guide they pull out of the drawer is from 1984 (see Worlds Fair Logo on cover and '84), but the closeup of the game review is of the 1976 game vs Rutgers where we lost 29-20, so it would have come from the 1977 media guide.
https://twitter.com/GreenWaveFB/status/ ... 3063351296
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:Here's the video. I like what they went through to find the right images. The Media Guide they pull out of the drawer is from 1984 (see Worlds Fair Logo on cover and '84), but the closeup of the game review is of the 1976 game vs Rutgers where we lost 29-20, so it would have come from the 1977 media guide.
https://twitter.com/GreenWaveFB/status/ ... 3063351296
Best Helmet of all time...voted by the ESPN's National Viewing Audience one of the top ten Helmets of 100 years of College Football
1900- 2000...and we throw them in a storage container...now all U need are the jerseys from the Larry Smith era....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
pansdad
Ripple

From the Larry Smith era, are you speaking of the "tearaway" jerseys? I recall Hontas' tearaway being ripped off; he has to come out for a play; Hightower, his replacement, fumbled and we wind up losing. I can't remember who the opposition was.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

pansdad wrote:From the Larry Smith era, are you speaking of the "tearaway" jerseys? I recall Hontas' tearaway being ripped off; he has to come out for a play; Hightower, his replacement, fumbled and we wind up losing. I can't remember who the opposition was.
I mean the design of the Jersey... I do not think they were "tearaway"...Tulane was cheap and bought budget cloth material !!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !