Week 10 Rankings

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave755
Tsunami

RichRod's Arizona Wildcats break into the top 25. So, it's official, RR is "off the bubble." :D
Ruski
Swell

AP (Coaches)
#8 (9) Oklahoma
#15 (14) UCF
#22 (21) Memphis
#26 (23) USF
RV (NR) Army
NR (RV) Navy

Pretty damned good schedule we play against this year.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Ruski wrote:AP (Coaches)
#8 (9) Oklahoma
#15 (14) UCF
#22 (21) Memphis
#26 (23) USF
RV (NR) Army
NR (RV) Navy

We missed UCF this season, but the point still stands.
Wave755
Tsunami

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
Ruski wrote:AP (Coaches)
#8 (9) Oklahoma
#15 (14) UCF
#22 (21) Memphis
#26 (23) USF
RV (NR) Army
NR (RV) Navy

We missed UCF this season, but the point still stands.
Yep, not exactly a CJ 2013 "powderpuff" schedule.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Nice to see a team that some posters think is "bad" receiving votes. Our win against Army was no better than our loss, on the road, to Navy. Both are good teams. The Army vs. Navy game this year figures to be VERY competitive, as it has been the last two years.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

LOL. First off no one said they were bad. Receiving a vote or two doesn't make one a good team though. More importantly it's only the last poll that counts. So way too early for this.
Last edited by winwave on Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
OUG
Riptide

Polls are polls - they are subjective and I don't really trust them. I'll say this, the Massey Composite index, which combines over 100 different computer rankings with different methodologies, has things as follows:

Oklahoma: 8
Memphis: 23
USF: 31
Navy: 35
Houston: 41
SMU: 44
Army: 64
FIU: 77
Tulsa: 97
Cinci: 99
ECU: 110

It's a pretty solid distribution, which probably stacks up well with some Pac 12 schedules this year to be honest, particularly those teams who don't play much out of conference. It isn't a weak schedule by any means, with half the teams in the top 50 out of 130 teams.

We need to take care of business against arguably the two most beatable teams on our schedule. Judging how we played Navy, USF, and Army -- SMU and UH are also beatable, we just need to play good football. And FIU, while far from the bottom dweller of FBS that we thought they'd be, is still a game that is killing us.
Ruski
Swell

OUG wrote:Polls are polls - they are subjective and I don't really trust them. I'll say this, the Massey Composite index, which combines over 100 different computer rankings with different methodologies, has things as follows:

Oklahoma: 8
Memphis: 23
USF: 31
Navy: 35
Houston: 41
SMU: 44
Army: 64
FIU: 77
Tulsa: 97
Cinci: 99
ECU: 110

It's a pretty solid distribution, which probably stacks up well with some Pac 12 schedules this year to be honest, particularly those teams who don't play much out of conference. It isn't a weak schedule by any means, with half the teams in the top 50 out of 130 teams.

We need to take care of business against arguably the two most beatable teams on our schedule. Judging how we played Navy, USF, and Army -- SMU and UH are also beatable, we just need to play good football. And FIU, while far from the bottom dweller of FBS that we thought they'd be, is still a game that is killing us.
Yup. Just based on name you'd think FIU and Tulsa would be switched. Had we lost by 2 scores on the road at Tulsa in a slip up game I think the belly-aching is gone. Otherwise we got blown out by two top 25 teams with high powered offenses and played 2 top 35 teams very close.

The first step in building the program is bowl-elligibility every year, so top 75. To do that first we have to consistently beat the shitty teams below 75. Then learn to beat the other bowl teams, and finally maybe one day beat top teams.

If we take care of business against Cincy/ECU then we'll have taken care of business against 3/3 of the "should" wins. We're 1/2 in the "probably should win". Any wins against SMU or Houston will be in that next medium tier of win.

I really think WF is building a program from the foundation up. Beat ECU/Cincy and we're 80% there, out of the gutter. Beat them plus either SMU/Houston, we're back to basic respectability.

P.S. Massey really shows how brutally difficult the ACC West is as a division