Tulane crushed by Memphis 56-26

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Let's go get that upset!!!

ROLLWAVEROLL!!!
Last edited by winwave on Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Memphis weather forecast looking better. No rain after Kickoff.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Aberzombie1892
Swell

That's unfortunate, as rain has previously slowed down Memphis (Memphis v. ULM).
RobertM320
Green Wave

I was kind of hoping for rain as well. Of course, I'm sure they pass a lot better in the rain than we do. It is what it is.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Their top two RB's are hurting:

http://www.commercialappeal.com/story/s ... 802572001/

May the rain last through the game.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

winwave wrote:Their top two RB's are hurting:

http://www.commercialappeal.com/story/s ... 802572001/

May the rain last through the game.
Although I think this is a winnable game, the rain would really make this a winnable game. Please God, if you're listening, toss our boys a bone tonight!
GreenLantern
Riptide

We've certainly lost our share of games that we should have won. We're due to win one against a better team. Last week we showed that we have coaches and players that can scheme and compete against superior talent. May it all start tonight. Here's hoping that Friday, October 27th at Memphis, TN will be remembered as the game when we really turned it around.
TURVS71
Swell

In Memphis, currently raining steadily, Actual temperature 46, wind chill 41..(it was 78 and beautiful yesterday) Heading to the stadium in about an hour....brrrrrrrr
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

This Memphis team has the ability to blow anyone out, but also were made to look bad by UCF. The Knights put a beating on the Tigers, who scored on their first possession and the last play of the game in a 40-13 UCF victory. The game featured a lot of records for the Knights, who basically ran at will and set up long pass plays with all their running (350 yards rushing, including the longest play in UCF history, a 96 yard rushing TD.) The UCF game plan was exactly what we need to follow: keep the ball away from their "speeding ticket" offense, run right at them and let the run set up the pass. We need to come out and play a lot better than we did at FIU. If we bring the intensity that we brought at Navy, this game is winnable. If we play like we did at FIU, it's going to be a blowout.

I'd like to see Hilliard get the rock 25 times. If we feed him, I'd bet he could set his own record rushing, which I believe is about 175.

Roll Wave!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

TURVS71 wrote:In Memphis, currently raining steadily, Actual temperature 46, wind chill 41..(it was 78 and beautiful yesterday) Heading to the stadium in about an hour....brrrrrrrr
Have fun and enjoy Beale St afterwards!

ROLL WAVE!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Does anyone know if Banks is playing and if so, what the status of his hand is? If he's out, Brantley or McClain better be able to throw accurately enough to keep their D honest.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

If it's not Banks it will be Brantley with Cuiellette backing him up. That's how the reps went this week. McClain will be redshirted unless there's a total disaster at the position injury wise.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:If it's not Banks it will be Brantley with Cuiellette backing him up. That's how the reps went this week. McClain will be redshirted unless there's a total disaster at the position injury wise.
Thank You
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I should have added that despite Banks not taking any reps in team drills Fritz insisted all week that he was going to start. In this day and age that could all be a ruse to throw Memphis off. We'll know soon enough.

BTW, I have a conflict and won't be watching till late. Y'all pull 'em thru.
JerseyWave
Riptide

41 degrees at game time and wet. Our guys rarely play ball at that Temp.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

JerseyWave wrote:41 degrees at game time and wet. Our guys rarely play ball at that Temp.
h

And so far it looks like it. Who is our #38 on defense?—dude is incredibly slow. Our OL is once again a no show so far—can’t our staff anticipate that in the plays they call?
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Mandeville Wave
High Tide

HoustonWave wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:41 degrees at game time and wet. Our guys rarely play ball at that Temp.
h

And so far it looks like it. Who is our #38 on defense?—dude is incredibly slow. Our OL is once again a no show so far—can’t our staff anticipate that in the plays they call?
We look absolutely terrible
Jaxwave
Swell

No way to prepare a defense to face a competent passing offense when you run the offense we run. And we’re in a conference with a lot of passing teams.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

#36 roasted on that TD pass. Memphis looks like they are running the Rich Rod spread offense. We have no defense for it.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Aberzombie1892
Swell

16 yards of total offense into the 2nd quarter.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

This is about to get real ugly.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
galvezwave
Swell

I already knew Memphis was better than we are. They are a finished product and we are in year 2. I expected to lose by a few tds tonight. But I have changed my mind. I was wrong. We are regressing and are non competitive. I don't think fritz is going to get it done.
Jaxwave
Swell

This offense is a joke and doesn’t prepare a defense to face good offenses. Combine that with diminishing recruiting under this staff and I dare say this coaching regime looks like another unmitigated disaster.
Bigschtick
Riptide

galvezwave wrote:I already knew Memphis was better than we are. They are a finished product and we are in year 2. I expected to lose by a few tds tonight. But I have changed my mind. I was wrong. We are regressing and are non competitive. I don't think fritz is going to get it done.

We suck.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!