USF Game Day Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I don't understand those that don't want USF and UCF going undefeated until they meet in the last game of their regular season. Of course, that is, unless we upset USF today. The better the top teams in the conference are, the better the conference does as a whole. Having them meet undefeated would mean both are knocking on the door of the top 10, with a chance one or both are ranked in the top 10. It would mean the game is on ESPN, and would draw national attention with them at 11-0 that late in the season.

But let's focus on today. Dino Babers, whom many felt was in consideration for the job that ultimately went to Willie Fritz, has beaten two ranked teams in his 1.5 seasons at Syracuse. Last week the Orange beat #2 Clemson. So it can be done! It's time for Fritz to get his first attention grabbing victory at Tulane. It's a tough game, but no team is unbeatable.

I know this was posted elsewhere, but this thread typically starts (in the wee morning hours) with a link to an Advocate or NOLA article. So here you go:

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... c1841.html

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
RobertM320
Green Wave

#Gameday Lets do this!
https://twitter.com/GreenWaveFB/status/ ... 0566876161
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

This is a winnable game IMO. I just don’t think we’re there yet. USF has more talent at this point. We’d need a score on defense or special teams to have a shot at the upset.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

May today be the day !
Last edited by winwave on Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

D- not sure where you see people not wanting USF and UCF to remain undefeated unless we pull the upset. It's quite obvious to all that that would be good for the conference.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote:D- not sure where you see people not wanting USF and UCF to remain undefeated unless we pull the upset. It's quite obvious to all that that would be good for the conference.
Especially since neither are in our division. Everyone forgets, we're still 1-1 in the AAC West. No reason we can't still win the division. If Navy loses to UCF tonight, we control our own destiny.

In fact, a win would be huge for us, because most likely everyone else in division will get a division loss from either UCF or USF.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
JerseyWave
Riptide

Unfortunately, the highlight of the day for Tulane will be the unveiling of Angry Wave on top of the scoreboard.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:D- not sure where you see people not wanting USF and UCF to remain undefeated unless we pull the upset. It's quite obvious to all that that would be good for the conference.
The thread you started earlier in the week, USF Game Thread, takes a turn, lead by Golfnut. It starts discussing these two not being undefeated would be good for the conference. I don't get that point at all, and for once you and I are in agreement.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

It’s a beautiful day for some football. Let’s go Greenies!
GreenLantern
Riptide

It's a beautiful day in the Tulane neighborhood. Here's seven reasons to feel good about today:
  • Chance of rain diminishing from 70% at 4pm to around 20% at kickoff. Here's the WWL link including radar:
    http://www.wwltv.com/weather/
  • I just watched Tim Tebow's rousing pep talk and I'm ready to ask Coach Fritz to put me in:
    http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=21099025
  • The Angry Wave is making its debut. I'm looking forward to getting doused with cold water later in the season when the temp is in the 40s.
  • Today marks the return of the King as Shaun King returns to Tulane as a running back coach. Regrettably, he's not our running back coach.
  • The confused and confusing Russian brides picture-ads on gotula.net have been replaced with Victoria Secret underwear models. It would not be appropriate to provide pictorial reference as that could cause coronary events in some of our older forum members. In any case, I'm interpreting this as a very positive sign.
  • Tulane QB commit Patrick Shegog was selected game MVP as South Panola delivers another butt kicking 28-7 over SouthHaven. The future is so bright, I'm wearing shades.
  • These guys were practicing at Tulane. Good karma. Good for recruiting. A good feeling.
    ImageImage
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:
The thread you started earlier in the week, USF Game Thread, takes a turn, lead by Golfnut. It starts discussing these two not being undefeated would be good for the conference. I don't get that point at all, and for once you and I are in agreement.
I knew what you were referring to and he said them going undefeated would be good for the conference. No one responded with an opposing view.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
I knew what you were referring to and he said them going undefeated would be good for the conference. No one responded with an opposing view.
Ok, my mistake, I misread (after a night of constantly interrupted sleep) "don't we want" as "we don't want". My bad. But why argue when we're on the same view? Apparently Golfnut, who's Red Raiders are getting beat up at home by Iowa State this afternoon, feels the same way. I misread his post and then felt that people were agreeing with what I misunderstood.

Oh well, this mistake doubled the posts in the thread. I guess everyone is on the Quad or getting ready to go there. There's little activity on Game Day today on this board.

By the way, Lantern, I saw Curry's Daddy make many a shot with his sweet release at Fogelman in the early/mid 80's. That shooting touch started at least a generation before Stef.

ROLL WAVE!
RobertM320
Green Wave

I'm heading out to Yulman in about an hour myself.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:I'm heading out to Yulman in about an hour myself.
Enjoy!

Here in Boston, I put on a long sleeve shirt for the first time this fall. Then when I got a few minutes outside, I discovered it's mid/upper 70's!

I wonder if the 2 for 1 ticket offer for today puts more fanny's in the seats? Someday we'll play with a true home field advantage. The stadium may be small, but it can be very loud since everyone is close to the field.

ROLL WAVE!
RobertM320
Green Wave

https://twitter.com/FearTheWaveBlog/sta ... 8426765312
RobertM320
Green Wave

So it could end up sold out by tonight.
GreenLantern
Riptide

I don't think we had a sellout at Yulman...even at the first game against Georgia Tech, right?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:
winwave wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
Ok, my mistake, I misread (after a night of constantly interrupted sleep) "don't we want" as "we don't want". My bad. But why argue when we're on the same view? Apparently Golfnut, who's Red Raiders are getting beat up at home by Iowa State this afternoon, feels the same way. I misread his post and then felt that people were agreeing with what I misunderstood.

Oh well, this mistake doubled the posts in the thread. I guess everyone is on the Quad or getting ready to go there. There's little activity on Game Day today on this board.

By the way, Lantern, I saw Curry's Daddy make many a shot with his sweet release at Fogelman in the early/mid 80's. That shooting touch started at least a generation before Stef.

ROLL WAVE!
No argument at all. Was just trying to clear up the misconception.

Looking forward to the wet T-shirt contest in the student section. Score Wave Score.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote:
winwave wrote:
DfromCT wrote:

ROLL WAVE!
dey ain't my red raiders, they are my Wife's....if I remember correctly Iowa State beat some other team when they played on the road...yep my memory clears, it was Oklahoma !!!!... here is gorgeous Georgetown, in the high 80's about 15 percent humidity
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

GreenLantern wrote:I don't think we had a sellout at Yulman...even at the first game against Georgia Tech, right?
I think the attendance was announced as 30,000. Full capacity, RD style.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Being a Ga Southern fan right now must be like what we were when CJ was coach. They've lost a fumble on a kickoff, they had 12 men on the field on defense and STILL gave up a TD. At the end of 1st Qtr they're losing 28-7 to winless UMass.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

watching UCF vs Navy...a big tip of the cap the UCF D Lineman who is playing with only one hand...and doing one hell of a good job....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote:watching UCF vs Navy...a big tip of the cap the UCF D Lineman who is playing with only one hand...and doing one hell of a good job....
Read about the background of the USF QB. Seriously, if there's ever a reason to root for a player playing against us, Flowers is one to tip your hat to.

Woody, how can you be a season ticket holder and NOT root Texas Tech? Hope all is well with you and the family. Sorry I misunderstood your post.

Bringing this post back on topic, look at the Navy QB's passing line vs. UCF (right now): 2 for 4 for 111 yards 1 TD 1 INT. Minus the INT, I'd take that through 2 1/2 quarters if we rush for 200 at the same time that would put us in a dog fight this evening.

ROLL WAVE!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:watching UCF vs Navy...a big tip of the cap the UCF D Lineman who is playing with only one hand...and doing one hell of a good job....
Read about the background of the USF QB. Seriously, if there's ever a reason to root for a player playing against us, Flowers is one to tip your hat to.

Woody, how can you be a season ticket holder and NOT root Texas Tech? Hope all is well with you and the family. Sorry I misunderstood your post.

Bringing this post back on topic, look at the Navy QB's passing line vs. UCF (right now): 2 for 4 for 111 yards 1 TD 1 INT. Minus the INT, I'd take that through 2 1/2 quarters if we rush for 200 at the same time that would put us in a dog fight this evening.

ROLL WAVE!
D..we have season tickets because my wife buy's them !!!...I want to see them do well, but I think ole Kliff is gone after this season...I do not see them beating TCU, Texas, OU, KSU...about the only winnable game is Baylor...the only thing going for them is TCU...KSU are in Lubbock and Baylor is at Jerry World every year..on the road at Texas and OU....it will be a struggle to be bowl eligible ...no bowls two years in a row....see ya Kliff
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The Angry Wave looks good. It is big. Some said earlier this week that it looked small after being put up on top the video board. Not the case at all. Now let's put that sucker to work.