Tanner Lee

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:Nebraska fires it’s AD. Pressure on to win over there. I wonder how LSU’s Alleva stays employed.
https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... asketball/
http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... ain-future

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

Early 3rd quarter, again in Lincoln.

Rutgers leads Nebraska, 17-14, and our good friend Tanner Lee has offered up another one of his pick-six specialties. At this rate, he may not finish the game, and Mike Riley may not make it through the season.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:Early 3rd quarter, again in Lincoln.

Rutgers leads Nebraska, 17-14, and our good friend Tanner Lee has offered up another one of his pick-six specialties. At this rate, he may not finish the game, and Mike Riley may not make it through the season.
Nebraska has too much class to fire Riley until the end of the season...I cannot say that for the coaches at Arkansas or Texas A/M...I think both will be gone by the end of the year
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Eaglewave
Swell

Tanner pulled this out, but that pick 6 was terrible. At least he only threw 2 picks.
Ball Sumrall!
greenphantom
Swell

Glad he at least bounced back after the Pick 6 and got the W. Hope he can build on that.
lurker123
Swell

greenphantom wrote:Glad he at least bounced back after the Pick 6 and got the W. Hope he can build on that.
After AD canning, Riley knows he is on ultimate hot seat. Through all this he has kept Lee as starter. That's the tell here. He believes that Lee is his best option to save his job. At least Lee is getting the opportunity to prove he is right. Let's see what happens in conference.
Wave QB
Swell

greenphantom wrote:Glad he at least bounced back after the Pick 6 and got the W. Hope he can build on that.
Sounds similar huh?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.landof ... change/amp

Well people, I was spot on when it came to Tanner Lee at Tulane, and now I am watching Nebraska fans go through the same crap. I actually thought this kid would have more success st Nebraska after being around the FBS game for 5 years! So far, he is the same ole INT machine. This upcoming game vs Illinois is a must win for Nebraska and a "must perform" for Lee. Why? Because Lee and the Huskers will see Wisconsin and Ohio State after that game. They have to see Penn State two weeks after Ohio State. Tanner Lee will not get the chance to hang around and toss picks like he did with CJ and Price. He must perform now or he will be transferring again.
lurker123
Swell

Wave QB wrote:
Sounds similar huh?

Well people, I was spot on when it came to Tanner Lee at Tulane, and now I am watching Nebraska fans go through the same crap. I actually thought this kid would have more success st Nebraska after being around the FBS game for 5 years! So far, he is the same ole INT machine. This upcoming game vs Illinois is a must win for Nebraska and a "must perform" for Lee. Why? Because Lee and the Huskers will see Wisconsin and Ohio State after that game. They have to see Penn State two weeks after Ohio State. Tanner Lee will not get the chance to hang around and toss picks like he did with CJ and Price. He must perform now or he will be transferring again.
And Brett Favre was an INT machine too. Let's see if Lee becomes a winning machine like Favre as well. We'll find out in the next six weeks.

Interestingly I guess Riley doesn't read your posts. His job is on the line and he's still giving the ball to Lee. This is what I don't get about the Lee haters around here. If he is so bad, how is he still starting at Nebraska?

Anyway Lee will try pro ball after this whether he is BMOC at UN or on the same rail out of town with Riley.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

lurker123 wrote:
Wave QB wrote:
Sounds similar huh?

And Brett Favre was an INT machine too. Let's see if Lee becomes a winning machine like Favre as well. We'll find out in the next six weeks.

Interestingly I guess Riley doesn't read your posts. His job is on the line and he's still giving the ball to Lee. This is what I don't get about the Lee haters around here. If he is so bad, how is he still starting at Nebraska?

Anyway Lee will try pro ball after this whether he is BMOC at UN or on the same rail out of town with Riley.
Riley wants to run a pro-style offense and Lee is the only pro-style QB on the roster with game experience. Plus, given Lee's history and the opinion of those that have seen him in practices (at Tulane, Manning Passing Academy, and Nebraska), it's highly likely that he looks amazing in practice. As a result, many probably believe that he just has to turn a corner and make what he does in practice happen on the field during a live game.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
Riley wants to run a pro-style offense and Lee is the only pro-style QB on the roster with game experience. Plus, given Lee's history and the opinion of those that have seen him in practices (at Tulane, Manning Passing Academy, and Nebraska), it's highly likely that he looks amazing in practice. As a result, many probably believe that he just has to turn a corner and make what he does in practice happen on the field during a live game.
I agree with this. We've seen it for years. No matter how good he looks in practice, when the rounds are live he just can't handle it. But they keep hoping he can. They just haven't experienced the failure as much as we did. They'll reach the same point eventually.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
lurker123
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:
I agree with this. We've seen it for years. No matter how good he looks in practice, when the rounds are live he just can't handle it. But they keep hoping he can. They just haven't experienced the failure as much as we did. They'll reach the same point eventually.
Thanks for the perspective. Some guys are all galaxy in practice and have no mojo in the game. I more understand the opposite. The folks who can't get going unless it matters and typically hate practice. We'll see what happens.

I guess what I still find strange here is the animosity by some about a former player who was here for three years and was a good citizen and teammate throughout. I simply wish him well even though I don't give a hoot about "through these portals pass the most beautiful mules in the world" or whatever nonsense is on the outside of Nebraska's stadium with the "N for Knowledge" helmets.
swampnik
Surge

Tanner at it again but this time gets it right: 3 TD's, O INT in great away win of 28-6 vs. Illinois.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/ga ... =400935365
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

swampnik wrote:Tanner at it again but this time gets it right: 3 TD's, O INT in great away win of 28-6 vs. Illinois.

not sure if beating Illinois is a "great" win, but he did lose to NIU @ HOME....let's see how he does when he plays against the rest of the BIG
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

lurker123 wrote: Thanks for the perspective. Some guys are all galaxy in practice and have no mojo in the game. I more understand the opposite. The folks who can't get going unless it matters and typically hate practice. We'll see what happens.

I guess what I still find strange here is the animosity by some about a former player who was here for three years and was a good citizen and teammate throughout. I simply wish him well even though I don't give a hoot about "through these portals pass the most beautiful mules in the world" or whatever nonsense is on the outside of Nebraska's stadium with the "N for Knowledge" helmets.
Bubby Brister was one of those QB's that was a "gamer". But when his Daddy went to Eamon Kelley demanding that the University President step in and have Coach English remove his son (Jon English--whom caused us to forfeit games) as starter, he lost all credibility. He took his ball and left the program in the middle of the season because Daddy didn't win the argument with Kelley, whom refused to intervene.

But hats off to a guy (Brister) that spent many years in the NFL after having a so-so college career. Perhaps Tanner can do the same.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

swampnik wrote:Tanner at it again but this time gets it right: 3 TD's, O INT in great away win of 28-6 vs. Illinois.

That's a game a decent Nebraska team wins by 40+ points. Not a great win by any stretch of the imagination.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Eaglewave
Swell

DfromCT wrote:

That's a game a decent Nebraska team wins by 40+ points. Not a great win by any stretch of the imagination.

They have Wisconsin this week. It's Tanner's big chance to prove that he is a top level QB and win vs a real deal opponent.
Ball Sumrall!
Wave755
Tsunami

At the end of the first quarter - Wisconsin 10, Nebraska 0. And yes, Tanner has already thrown a pick six! :1thumb:
lurker123
Swell

Wave755 wrote:At the end of the first quarter - Wisconsin 10, Nebraska 0. And yes, Tanner has already thrown a pick six! :1thumb:
Ah, but now, so has the Badger QB.

Regardless Tanner seems to be a pick six machine.

Wisconsin was about a ten point favorite and leads by seven in the 4th q. Let's see how Tanner finishes.
puffy
Surge

While completion percentage for a qb might be a slightly overrated stat, I don't think you can be a winning qb if you're completing less than 60% of your passes.

I'm not sure if it's a function of the coaching staff trying to take advantage of his arm and wanting to throw down field, or Tanner not having short range accuracy. But he's never had a good completion percentage.
Wave755
Tsunami

lurker123 wrote:
Wave755 wrote:At the end of the first quarter - Wisconsin 10, Nebraska 0. And yes, Tanner has already thrown a pick six! :1thumb:

Wisconsin was about a ten point favorite and leads by seven in the 4th q. Let's see how Tanner finishes.
Final score: Wisconsin 38, Nebraska 17.

Tanner went 16 - 32 for 262 yards, with 1 TD pass and 1 interception, and that interception went for a pick 6. Wisconsin dominated the line of scrimmage and rushed for 353 yards. So, for Nebraska this was a team loss.
lurker123
Swell

Wave755 wrote:
lurker123 wrote:

Lurker, final score Wisconsin 38, Nebraska 17.

Tanner went 16 - 32 for 262 yards, with 1 TD pass and 1 interception, and that interception went for a pick 6. Wisconsin dominated the line of scrimmage and rushed for 353 yards. So, for Nebraska this was a team loss.
I didn't watch much of the game. It was a team loss of which Lee contributed a part. Too bad. I guess Riley is toast.

Meanwhile enough with the pointless nostalgia for transfers. I care about the home team. How about them Waves!!!
Wave QB
Swell

Ole Pick 6 Lee! I tried to warn y'all a long time ago. I am kind of shocked that he still can't handle heat. I really felt that this would finally be his year to prove he has been around the FBS long enough to at least win games.

Let's go Banks! It's time for us to watch a dual threat QB who can win games again!
Last edited by Wave QB on Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wave755
Tsunami

lurker123 wrote: Meanwhile enough with the pointless nostalgia for transfers. I care about the home team. How about them Waves!!!
+1, time to truly say goodbye to Tanner and wish him the best of luck; Tanner is our past, Mr. Banks our future.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

lurker123 wrote: How about them Waves!!!
How did Pepperdine do? 8-)
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
lurker123
Swell

Pepperdine does have the absolute best located college baseball park I've ever seen. Stadium itself is blah but who cares with the Pacific and Palm trees and well California coeds in Malibu as background.

As concerns, "them Waves," you now know I'm a true New Orleanian who did not go to Jesuit!! :)