Flowood, MS--Fritz just "Rolled" out the tweet

Talk about the latest recruits here.
dpm wave
Swell

I don't really keep up, so I don't know who this is:
http://twitter.com/CoachWEFritz/status/ ... 8845324289

RobertM320
Green Wave

Cameron Carroll, RB, from Northwest Rankin HS in MS.

5-11, 220. Not rated on 247

Had offers from Jackson State, South Alabama and Southern Miss
https://twitter.com/Guersmith/status/914866265839292416
Last edited by RobertM320 on Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
lurker123
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:Cameron Carroll, RB, from Northwest Rankin HS in MS.

5-1, 220. Not rated on 247

"5-1, 220." That's a cannonball!!! Just having fun. I assume he is a little short of six feet. Since he doesn't fit the perfect P5 running back profile (think 6-2 and 210 to 220), I'm sure he is not getting much interest.

If nothing else, it is safe to assume that Fritz can evaluate running back potential. Welcome Mr. Carroll.
RobertM320
Green Wave

lurker123 wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:Cameron Carroll, RB, from Northwest Rankin HS in MS.

5-1, 220. Not rated on 247

"5-1, 220." That's a cannonball!!! Just having fun. I assume he is a little short of six feet. Since he doesn't fit the perfect P5 running back profile (think 6-2 and 210 to 220), I'm sure he is not getting much interest.

If nothing else, it is safe to assume that Fritz can evaluate running back potential. Welcome Mr. Carroll.
My thought as well. Seems like a guy that fits into his scheme. Could be like Lazedrick Thompson. At GaSo, he had a RB named Matt Breida that was similarly built, that was very fast for his size. He's in the NFL now with the 49ers.

And yes, he's 5'11", not 5'1".
Last edited by RobertM320 on Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Welcome aboard. Clearly an under the radar type that hopefully pans out. Have to like his speed.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

A hearty welcome to Mr. Carroll.

He's 5'11" about 220 lbs, plays RB for Northwest Rankin High School in Brandon, MS.

Here's his HUDL:

https://ww.hudl.com/profile/5539176/cameron-carroll

(Initial observations: good center of gravity, runs low and hard, can usually break through first contact, has good speed, but not that top end pull away speed)

NR by Scout: https://www.scout.com/player/cameron-carroll-46042679

NR by 24/7: https://247sports.com/Player/Cameron-Carroll-46042679

NR by ESPN.

MaxPreps stats: http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/cameron ... efault.htm

Has offers from Southern Miss, Jackson State, Southern Alabama, with interests from Miss State. Clearly and under-the-radar type of player. Has some similarities to Stephon Huderson, but should be able to translate very quickly to D1 football. Seems like another diamond in the dirt find by WF. Welcome and ROLL DAMN WAVE!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks for the link. Looks good.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Take it for what its worth, but his hudl profile page says he runs a 4.42 40.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Some photos of Cam Carroll. He looks pretty sleek for being 5'11", 220#.
https://twitter.com/jmims1998/status/914863461355552769
posse
High Tide

The last time I checked Tulane Rivals site, we had 17-18 commits before Carrol, We now have 15. Did we lose 2? If so, Who?
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

posse wrote:The last time I checked Tulane Rivals site, we had 17-18 commits before Carrol, We now have 15. Did we lose 2? If so, Who?
We lost LaFrance from St. Aug who committed to Texas Tech. That's the only one I can think of off the top of my head.
RobertM320
Green Wave

JP only has 15 as well. I don't remember us ever having 18.
https://twitter.com/FearTheWaveBlog/sta ... 8003182592
RobertM320
Green Wave

24/7 only shows 12, but they dont show Patrick Shegog, Michael Remondet or the new one, Cameron Carroll.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:Some photos of Cam Carroll. He looks pretty sleek for being 5'11", 220#.
https://twitter.com/jmims1998/status/914863461355552769
Jeez, talk about being college-level ready... He certainly looks like he's ready to contribute immediately.
posse
High Tide

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
posse wrote:The last time I checked Tulane Rivals site, we had 17-18 commits before Carrol, We now have 15. Did we lose 2? If so, Who?
We lost LaFrance from St. Aug who committed to Texas Tech. That's the only one I can think of off the top of my head.
Thanks GreenPuddleSplash and Robert for the info....I am glad to hear we did not lose anyone other than the St Aug RB.....
Dave breslin
Swell

5'1". He won't be seen in the backfield. The refs won't know when he's on the ground! Oh wait--5-11. Never mind!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

msdos
Swell

The AAC better watch out, Tulane coming out on top of these recruiting battles with Jackson State
RobertM320
Green Wave

msdos wrote:The AAC better watch out, Tulane coming out on top of these recruiting battles with Jackson State
Of course, you had no comment when we beat out Louisville for Jamal Anderson or when we beat out Army, Navy, Colorado State, ECU, Washington State and Misssissippi State for Juan Monjarres. Always Mr. Negative you are.

Steve, can we get a new emoji somewhere that's called "Mr. Negative", so we can use it to respond when MS-DOS posts?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

msdos wrote:The AAC better watch out, Tulane coming out on top of these recruiting battles with Jackson State
my response..."ALT...CTRL....DELETE "
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

http://crescentcitysports.com/tulane-ge ... n-carroll/
Carroll, who also had offers from Southern Miss and South Alabama, has rushed for 928 yards in Northwest Rankin’s first six games.
I guess MS-DOS thinks we have no room on our roster for a RB that averages 155 yds/game.
Last edited by RobertM320 on Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ruski
Swell

This kid looks like an athletic freak! Hard to believe he's in high school!
Ruski
Swell

Nice little video by the local news. Carroll states reasons for picking Tulane:
1. city of New Orleans, childhood memories
2. coaches
3. education
4. knowing Tulane sends RBs to NFL

I think he's going to pick up some bigger time offers now, he's seriously impressive from a size/stats perspective. On pace for almost 2000 yards this year and he's already bigger than any in our stable. 220lbs at 4.42 in the 40, get him in the game coach!

Hopefully the "home-field" advantage keeps him with Tulane! Fritz found a great duo out of Rankin with Carroll and Hogan!

http://wjtv.com/2017/10/02/northwest-ra ... to-tulane/
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Good stuff. Thanks for the link.