Tanner Lee

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
Eaglewave
Swell

puffy wrote:Tanner struggles against Oregon.

250 yards, 3 TDs and 4 picks, sub-50% completion percentage.

I hope it's rust related.
Damn Tanner! Oregon's defense ain't that damn good. Better luck next time kid.

Ball Sumrall!
Aberzombie1892
Swell

puffy wrote:Tanner struggles against Oregon.

250 yards, 3 TDs and 4 picks, sub-50% completion percentage.

I hope it's rust related.
That's the Tanner Lee Tulane fans know and love. It's incredible that he was ineffective playing on a team with such a solid roster against a team with a new coach that wasn't bowl eligible last season.
DrBox
Riptide

He threw a ton of INTs at Tulane, many unforced. (see first play of Memphis game, 2014, e.g.). Apparently he still does.
I hope he learns and improves.
Show Me
Tsunami

One INT he was blindsided crushed by a LB on a blitz and one other was a Hail Mary pass and one was on a receiver that tipped it to a defender. Yes they all count but only one was a bad read on his part.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote:One INT he was blindsided crushed by a LB on a blitz and one other was a Hail Mary pass and one was on a receiver that tipped it to a defender. Yes they all count but only one was a bad read on his part.
I watched the game. There was no Hail Mary pass at the end of the half or the end of the game. Tanner threw a pass 11 yards downfield into coverage to end the game. Oregon ran victory formation three or four times to run out the clock. Tanner did rally the team and played decent. But he also threw four interceptions. The last of which was a forced throw and ended the Huskers chances to rally.

His opposing QB, Justin Herbert, outplayed Tanner and was the best QB on the field yesterday by a very wide margin. I wish Tanner the best, and hope he grows into his potential. He has an amazing opportunity at a high profile school. His arm alone will get him to an NFL camp. Growing up from a decision-making standpoint will get him drafted and a signing bonus. He's not NFL ready right now.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Wave QB
Swell

He might put up some serious numbers next week and shake these 4 picks off.
Bearwave
High Tide

He looked confused much of the time. He is who we thought he was. :)
Bears are Ready to Rhule! Sic'em
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Oregon led 42-14 at half. Lee led a furious 2nd half comeback and Oregon knew he was throwing every down. Nebraska defense was terrible.
His arm was hit on that last play to end the game.
phpBB [video]
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

He is who we thought he was.

13 minutes into the game against Northern Illinois, Tanner Lee has thrown two pick-sixes and the Huskers are down 14-0.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Tanner Lee with 2 pick sixes at home against NIU and the first quarter is not even over yet.

Honestly, maybe Lee is excellent in practice and just cannot handle the pressure of live football. That would support all of the positive comments from CJ, Riley, NFL Scouts and the Manning passing academy and also explain why he just cannot do it.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Aberzombie1892 wrote:Tanner Lee with 2 pick sixes at home against NIU and the first quarter is not even over yet.

Honestly, maybe Lee is excellent in practice and just cannot handle the pressure of live football. That would support all of the positive comments from CJ, Riley, NFL Scouts and the Manning passing academy and also explain why he just cannot do it.
We have been saying that Tanner is a turnover machine, but some people here believe he was just coached badly. Well, the adage runs true today, you can't change a tiger's stripes.
Wave755
Tsunami

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:Tanner Lee with 2 pick sixes at home against NIU and the first quarter is not even over yet.

We have been saying that Tanner is a turnover machine, but some people here believe he was just coached badly. Well, the adage runs true today, you can't change a tiger's stripes.
And, against Northern Illinois and playing at Lincoln? Truly sad. :shakingno:
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Northern Illinois is not a bad team. Tanner looks good on some playes, horrible on others. He holds the ball too long, throws late and puts his receivers in bad situations as a result. I didn't see the first two pick 6's, but he also got sacked, stripped and almost had the fumble returned for a TD on a play he clearly held the ball two or three seconds too long. Just saw the replay of the two pick 6's, classic Tanner: locked in and threw to the receiver and the D-back saw it coming and made an easy play on the ball on both of them. Even though both throws were bang-bang plays, he telegraphed the throws.

There's no doubt that he has a live arm. He always has, always will. His ability to read the D, and look off the coverage has not grown in his five years of college to date. The game is on FS1. Be interesting to see if Tanner can lead a 2nd half comeback, or if the boo birds force his coach to make a switch.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Yes, he has a live arm. I think what his supporters have tried to do is put all the blame for his lack of success here on CJ and none on him. I think its being proven now that some of the blame needs to fall on him.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

No doubt, Robert. His first possession of 2nd half he threw an ill advised pass on 3rd and 7 that would have been an easy pick had it not been just out of bounds. Yes, he was hit on the play, but he wound up with a big delivery and tried to force something that wasn't there. The ball is NOT quick out of his hands. Game on FS1 right now for those that care to watch.
wave97
Swell

Watch Memphis/UCLA great game...so far.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote:Watch Memphis/UCLA great game...so far.
If I wanted to watch with the sound off, I would consider. But the woman commentator sounds just like the woman that butchered the MNF broadcast of the Broncos v Chargers game this past week. Sorry, but I don't want to hear a voice like that watching football. She may be saying super intelligent things, I don't hear them because I cannot get past her voice.

Call me sexist, call me politically incorrect, but don't call on me to watch any of her football work.
wave97
Swell

DfromCT wrote:
wave97 wrote:Watch Memphis/UCLA great game...so far.
If I wanted to watch with the sound off, I would consider. But the woman commentator sounds just like the woman that butchered the MNF broadcast of the Broncos v Chargers game this past week. Sorry, but I don't want to hear a voice like that watching football. She may be saying super intelligent things, I don't hear them because I cannot get past her voice.

Call me sexist, call me politically incorrect, but don't call on me to watch any of her football work.
ESPN does not get a dime from me and I cannot be happier as a consumer who pulled the plug.
Memphis/UCLA great game in spite of the hamfisted female play-by-play.
Wave755
Tsunami

Tanner throws another pick with 1:36 in 4th quarter. NIU will run the clock out to beat Nebraska 21 to 17 at Lincoln. Lee's pick reminded me a great deal of the first one he threw in our first game @ Yulman against GT. Lee telegraphed the pick from the moment he took the snap.
Last edited by Wave755 on Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RobertM320
Green Wave

And when the games on the line, you can count on Tanner Lee for the game ending INT.

FINAL: Northern Illinois 21, Nebraska 17. Tanner Lee 25-47, 299 yards, 0 TDs, 3 INTS, 2 pick sixes.
Wave755
Tsunami

Game over, NIU wins 21-17 playing its second string quarterback. And, yes, I now agree, Lee is a total dud and we lost nothing with his departure.
Bearwave
High Tide

Tanner is soooo good. Husker fans calling for him to be benched!
Bears are Ready to Rhule! Sic'em
Aberzombie1892
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:And when the games on the line, you can count on Tanner Lee for the game ending INT.

FINAL: Northern Illinois 21, Nebraska 17. Tanner Lee 25-47, 299 yards, 0 TDs, 3 INTS, 2 pick sixes.
Even if Nebraska waits until the end of the season to make any changes, this loss could quite literally cost Mike Riley his job barring bowl eligibility and a win over one or more of Ohio State, Wisconsin, or Penn State.

All of a sudden, games against Iowa, Minnesota, Northwestern and Purdue loom large.
greenphantom
Swell

Somewhere JJ is gritting his teeth and typing how poorly Nebraska's OL played today.
GreenLantern
Riptide

greenphantom wrote:Somewhere JJ is gritting his teeth and typing how poorly Nebraska's OL played today.