2017 Volleyball

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Good to hear . Congrats. If only we could win in the two sports that count.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
alumniwave
Low Tide

I did not think Tulane had a shot against OU as young as Tulane is without their best player. And I didn't think Tulane could beat Navy.

Huge win for the Volleyball program.

Football almost pulled it off with their quarterback out. Navy is really good. Tulane fans should not hang their head from that effort.
localvb
High Tide

Kaylie Mchugh gets the American Ath Conference player of the week!
Rare to see a Libero get MVP.
She is one of the best I've ever seen.
localvb
High Tide

The Wave VB team is home again this weekend to improve on their 5-0 home record. This is the shocker team of the year in the AAC so far. Picked 9th after losing all the seniors and their best player to a knee injury, the Wave is in 1st place after 3 weeks with a 8-2 record.

I'll be there Friday and tailgating on Saturday before the North Florida game. Fun group of fans tailgated last weekend.
Hope the fans get there to see this team.
DrBox
Riptide

Well the program is obviously in great hands and the trend is up.
It did seem to me, however, that the pre-conference schedule was a tad light. Oklahoma is a nice name to beat, but they aren't very good. Didn't play many road games either.
Hopefully we'll do well in league play.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DrBox wrote:Well the program is obviously in great hands and the trend is up.
It did seem to me, however, that the pre-conference schedule was a tad light. Oklahoma is a nice name to beat, but they aren't very good. Didn't play many road games either.
Doc...c'mon any win over a PEE team is a good win, no matter the sport !!!...Give the young ladies some damn credit !!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DrBox
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote:
Doc...c'mon any win over a PEE team is a good win, no matter the sport !!!...Give the young ladies some damn credit !!!
I did give them credit. But I don't patronize either. Oklahoma is 3-8
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DrBox wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
I did give them credit. But I don't patronize either. Oklahoma is 3-8
6 L's are to...Tulane...Maryland 11-0 ..Georgia 9-3...Seton Hall 6-4...Colorado 7-1....Ohio 6-5 with L's to Georgia - VCU- Virginia ....

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
localvb
High Tide

Some of the freshmen seem to be struggling a little but the Wave still get it done with a sweep 3-0 today. Championship match tonight at 7pm vs North Florida. Wave are 7-0 at home!!
alumniwave
Low Tide

Watched online. This is turning into a great great story. Team loses 5 seniors. Loses their best player to injury before the 1st game. Starts 4 freshmen. Win another championship and finish the non conference schedule 11-2. 8-0 at home With big wins vs Souther Miss and Oklahoma. Best record in the American Ath Conf.

Will be interesting to see if the freshmen can keep it up and they can stay injury free.
localvb
High Tide

Heard about this and wonder why Tulane/media doesn't write about it because it's a good story. On the 1st play of the championship game last Saturday Alexis Silver turned her ankle badly. She's been one of the top hitters for this young team. The team still swept UNF 3-0. Which is impressive.
The bad news is if she will likely not be playing this weekend on the teams 1st conference games. Don't know if they can keep the magic up especially without Silver but we will see.
localvb
High Tide

Great tailgating before the big game tonight. Free Canes food has a nice crowd. Going to be a tough match. Temple is probably the 2nd best team in the league and have 4 seniors and 2 juniors compared to Tulane's 4 freshmen, 1 junior and 1 senior.
Would be a major win.

Great to see a buzz on campus about the game! Should be a great crowd.
Show Me
Tsunami

localvb wrote:Great tailgating before the big game tonight. Free Canes food has a nice crowd. Going to be a tough match. Temple is probably the 2nd best team in the league and have 4 seniors and 2 juniors compared to Tulane's 4 freshmen, 1 junior and 1 senior.
Would be a major win.

Weak LVB : I guess we lost since you failed to post a score. Can’t do that if you want any respect. YOGWF’s would love you. No score types over there.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote:
localvb wrote:Great tailgating before the big game tonight. Free Canes food has a nice crowd. Going to be a tough match. Temple is probably the 2nd best team in the league and have 4 seniors and 2 juniors compared to Tulane's 4 freshmen, 1 junior and 1 senior.
Would be a major win.

Weak LVB : I guess we lost since you failed to post a score. Can’t do that if you want any respect. YOGWF’s would love you. No score types over there.
Temple 3 Tulane 1
Show Me
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote:
Show Me wrote:
Would be a major win.

Temple 3 Tulane 1
Thank you GN. You’re a true fan. Not just a cheerleader.
RobertM320
Green Wave

ShowMe, I know you like to look for the negative in everything, but when he posted the match hadn't been played yet. localvb has always posted legit info whether they won or lost. He's not like exflash and ULaLa.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DrBox
Riptide

We're a young team that will get better.
The pre-conference slate was really weak (never helps a thing), so the record was inflated.
Show Me
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote:ShowMe, I know you like to look for the negative in everything, but when he posted the match hadn't been played yet. localvb has always posted legit info whether they won or lost. He's not like exflash and ULaLa.
Right but I thought he’d give an update. I posted my gripe at 10pm.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Yes, he could come back and post updates like he usually does. If he was at the game, (likely), he may not have been back yet at 10:06pm. Although I will look at the board periodically from my phone, I'll rarely post from it. Just more comfortable working from the desktop.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
lurker123
Swell

Show Me wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
Show Me wrote:
Would be a major win.

Temple 3 Tulane 1
True fans go to games. LVB goes to games. You don't. You can now complete the conclusion of this syllogism.
Show Me
Tsunami

lurker123 wrote:
Show Me wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
Show Me wrote:
Would be a major win.

Temple 3 Tulane 1
True fans go to games. LVB goes to games. You don't. You can now complete the conclusion of this syllogism.
I’m not a “true” fan of VB just a causal one. However I donate and pull for Tulane in all sports even the ones I don’t attend. I attend all men sports in person. Occasionally a WBB game or two. I’ve seen our women bowlers and golfers a time or two as well.
localvb
High Tide

Apologies. Didn't realize you were waiting for my update. Was at the game but had to catch a flight at 7am so been busy. VB missed a huge opportunity. Had a great LOUD crowd. The 2nd set that Tulane won was as excited as I've seen a crowd in there. But the team played like freshmen the next 2 sets. Easily the worse they've played this year. 8-1 at home but they let this one get away. Freshmen are fragile so I hope they recover quickly. Uconn tomorrow.

Upside. This team will be absolutely loaded next year.
localvb
High Tide

Team played better against UCONN but fell short. Leftisides are not getting enough kills. Couple freshmen not playing as well as they have been. Doesn't get easier the #1 team in the league up next Wichita St.

Also, condolences to Coach Barnes and his family. His father passed away last week. Had to be a tough week.
localvb
High Tide

Going to be a great game to watch WSU. Great team. 4 seniors. And a top 20 team.
Tulane will have to play nearly perfect to beat them.

The AAC has several of the top teams that have many seniors. Bolds well for next year for Tulane. Tulane returns all but 1 player and brings in a loaded class of 5 players.
localvb
High Tide

Going to be a tough match for the Green Wave vs ECU on the road. Tulane is 12-6 but have lost their last 2 conference games. ECU has won there last 4 in a row. Good time for the team to get back on track. Sounds like everyone is back from injury so should give the Wave a push! Game starts in 30 min in Greenville.