Oklahoma Game Thread 11am KO

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Jaxwave wrote:
winwave wrote:Tulane welcomes the challenge:

http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... iver_index
Right, coach, and I am looking forward to my upcoming root canal.

I'm going to be honest with you guys that I am fearful this game could cost Tulane the rest of the seaso with injuries to key personnel. I would hold out bot Banks, Brantley, Hilliard, Badie and Enclade or at least significantly reduce their touches as well as key defensive guys to make sure they are available for the rest of the season.
.I doubt OU plays their starters much pass the middle of the 2nd QTR...they do not need injuries either, so expect a heavy dose of reserves to get significant playing time...OU wants to win this game by about 45 points, I expect them to have 28 to 35 by half time...then it will be time to head to Remington Park, Win Star or one of the other very nice betting parlors

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Neenan dropped to third on the depth chart behind Glover and Harvey:

http://tulanegreenwave.com/documents/20 ... df?id=9505
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

winwave wrote:Neenan dropped to third on the depth chart behind Glover and Harvey:

http://tulanegreenwave.com/documents/20 ... df?id=9505
Hopefully we get our ST figured out and figured out quickly. What popped out from that press release was this: "Passing Offense 128.0 10th 119th". Ton of room for improvement....
Wave QB
Swell

Well, get ready for the game so many of you wanted to see.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Aberzombie1892
Swell

Wave QB wrote:Well, get ready for the game so many of you wanted to see.
This. I still support the philosophy of not scheduling elite P5s other than LSU. Games against other Big 12 teams such as Iowa State, Kansas, West Virginia, Texas Tech, and even Kansas State would all have been far more interesting plus it's extremely unlikely that fans would be charged $55 in order to watch it. There are plenty of P5s out there that need games against G5s, so there is no pressing need for Tulane to schedule a game like this one.
Ruski
Swell

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
This. I still support the philosophy of not scheduling elite P5s other than LSU. Games against other Big 12 teams such as Iowa State, Kansas, West Virginia, Texas Tech, and even Kansas State would all have been far more interesting plus it's extremely unlikely that fans would be charged $55 in order to watch it. There are plenty of P5s out there that need games against G5s, so there is no pressing need for Tulane to schedule a game like this one.
Does anyone remember who we were supposed to be playing instead of OU?

I know next year we play Ohio State and Wake. It was supposed to be GT. I really think had we stuck with GT, Wake, UAB, and Nicholls in 2018 we might've been looking at double digit wins and some serious top 25 votes. Now we're gonna get thumped by Ohio State and lose a great opportunity to keep building onward and upward.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Grey pants:
https://twitter.com/GreenWaveFB/status/ ... 5330851840
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Aberzombie1892
Swell

Ruski wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:
Does anyone remember who we were supposed to be playing instead of OU?

I know next year we play Ohio State and Wake. It was supposed to be GT. I really think had we stuck with GT, Wake, UAB, and Nicholls in 2018 we might've been looking at double digit wins and some serious top 25 votes. Now we're gonna get thumped by Ohio State and lose a great opportunity to keep building onward and upward.
@Ole Miss instead of @Oklahoma (it's almost hidden in the article below). Even that game would have been more interesting.

http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... klaho.html
winwave
Top of the WAVE

GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Talk about trial by fire for Chase. Go get'em! Hopefully Fritzball will keep this from getting ugly.
Wave QB
Swell

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
I only want to play P5 programs when we are serious about being a top 25 G5 program. That's it. I only want to see these types of games on our schedule if we are officially a winning G5 program.

We don't beat enough AAC teams! Yulman doesn't even witness us beating FBS progrsms! I am not too excited about this game because we have 0 chance at winning. You don't want to set these kids us to fail.

We aren't where we need to be. Some folks think getting their head kicked in by P5 helps us. It's does nothing for us.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

OUG
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote:
winwave wrote:Tulane welcomes the challenge:

http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... iver_index
And the paycheck!
The paycheck is probably smaller than folks might think because they're giving us a return game down the road (and we owe them another).
OUG
Riptide

Wave QB wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:
I only want to play P5 programs when we are serious about being a top 25 G5 program. That's it. I only want to see these types of games on our schedule if we are officially a winning G5 program.

We don't beat enough AAC teams! Yulman doesn't even witness us beating FBS progrsms! I am not too excited about this game because we have 0 chance at winning. You don't want to set these kids us to fail.

We aren't where we need to be. Some folks think getting their head kicked in by P5 helps us. It's does nothing for us.
These are scheduled in advance. We are getting OU at home down the road in exchange for getting our teeth kicked in this year. You have to view it in that context. Maybe in 2021 we will also suck, but maybe we won't. You want to give your program those targets.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

This just delivered via the Boomer Schooner

https://www.crimsonandcreammachine.com/ ... -questions
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote:This just delivered via the Boomer Schooner

https://www.crimsonandcreammachine.com/ ... -questions
JP did a good job with the interview, but Nickerson's INT was not in the end zone against Navy last week. Had the ball been thrown into the end zone, he probably doesn't get to it. The ball was soft tossed and under thrown. Nickerson actually came off of his receiver underneath to make the play. It was a ball hawk play, as described.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
oliveandblue
Surge

OUG wrote: These are scheduled in advance. We are getting OU at home down the road in exchange for getting our teeth kicked in this year. You have to view it in that context. Maybe in 2021 we will also suck, but maybe we won't. You want to give your program those targets.
I don't know why you'd do a three-game set with OU, even in advance. They are a factory program that will always be in the top 15 or so. They don't really have truly "down" years.

We lose 90 out of 100 games vs. OU by 21+ points. It's braindead scheduling.

The Ohio State game in 2018 is another mistake - Tulane should have used that road game to build another 2 for 1 with a P5.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Possibly just a way to generate short term cash for the program. Dannen says there won't be more in the future.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Ruski
Swell

Impossible to build a program when you're getting your teeth kicked in. Ole Miss and Georgia Tech are much better games than Oklahoma and Ohio State. No way the money we get is worth it. Tulane football badly needs some confidence. These games destroy confidence. Playing with Ole Miss to the wire would've added confidence. OU game is best forgotten. Stupid.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Ruski wrote:Impossible to build a program when you're getting your teeth kicked in. Ole Miss and Georgia Tech are much better games than Oklahoma and Ohio State. No way the money we get is worth it. Tulane football badly needs some confidence. These games destroy confidence. Playing with Ole Miss to the wire would've added confidence. OU game is best forgotten. Stupid.
Rick Dickson scheduling at its finest. And he alienated a whole lot of HC's and AD's in the SEC in the process.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Aberzombie1892
Swell

DfromCT wrote:
Ruski wrote:Impossible to build a program when you're getting your teeth kicked in. Ole Miss and Georgia Tech are much better games than Oklahoma and Ohio State. No way the money we get is worth it. Tulane football badly needs some confidence. These games destroy confidence. Playing with Ole Miss to the wire would've added confidence. OU game is best forgotten. Stupid.
Rick Dickson scheduling at its finest. And he alienated a whole lot of HC's and AD's in the SEC in the process.
This would have been a great year to schedule virtually any P5 team outside of blueblood programs since a lot of 2nd tier P5 programs seem to be down.