Angry Wave

nowave
Ripple
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:49 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Angry Wave

Postby nowave » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:52 pm

winwave wrote:It got damaged in a fire at Kern studios. So no idea when it will go up.


so the wave was damaged in a fire?

if thats not the perfect metaphor for tulane athletics i dont know what is.



DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 5287
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Re: Angry Wave

Postby DfromCT » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:03 pm

nowave wrote:
winwave wrote:It got damaged in a fire at Kern studios. So no idea when it will go up.


so the wave was damaged in a fire?

if thats not the perfect metaphor for tulane athletics i dont know what is.


It suffered smoke damage, as I understood it. But I'm surprised smoke damage would be difficult to fix for something that's going to be outdoors for a long, long time. Maybe there's more to it.


" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your ongoing support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia

User avatar
NOLABigSteve
Riptide
Posts: 2965
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:00 am
Location: New Orleans, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Angry Wave

Postby NOLABigSteve » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:05 pm

DfromCT wrote:
nowave wrote:
winwave wrote:It got damaged in a fire at Kern studios. So no idea when it will go up.


so the wave was damaged in a fire?

if thats not the perfect metaphor for tulane athletics i dont know what is.


It suffered smoke damage, as I understood it. But I'm surprised smoke damage would be difficult to fix for something that's going to be outdoors for a long, long time. Maybe there's more to it.

Entire floats have been CADed, engineered, built and lighting/fiber optics installed in less time than this concoction has taken to come to fruition.


Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)

lurker123
Swell
Posts: 1235
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:01 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Angry Wave

Postby lurker123 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:59 pm

NOLABigSteve wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
nowave wrote:
winwave wrote:It got damaged in a fire at Kern studios. So no idea when it will go up.


so the wave was damaged in a fire?

if thats not the perfect metaphor for tulane athletics i dont know what is.


It suffered smoke damage, as I understood it. But I'm surprised smoke damage would be difficult to fix for something that's going to be outdoors for a long, long time. Maybe there's more to it.

Entire floats have been CADed, engineered, built and lighting/fiber optics installed in less time than this concoction has taken to come to fruition.


It's been reported that Kern is donating it to Tulane so you get what you pay for or literally in this case you don't get what you don't pay for.



User avatar
aus10dixon
Ripple
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:03 pm
Location: Livingston, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Angry Wave

Postby aus10dixon » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:08 am

It is time.

Image
Image
Image



winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10713
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Re: Angry Wave

Postby winwave » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:16 am

Looks great.


It's the facilities stupid!

User avatar
aus10dixon
Ripple
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:03 pm
Location: Livingston, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Angry Wave

Postby aus10dixon » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:39 am

Photos are from Troy Dannen's Twitter feed at https://twitter.com/TU_Dannen.



User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 16610
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Online

Re: Angry Wave

Postby tpstulane » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:40 am

Great! Looking forward to seeing it mounted. Hopefully by HC.


Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981

anEngineer
Low Tide
Posts: 246
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:26 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Angry Wave

Postby anEngineer » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:25 am

That thing really does look great. To have it mounted high enough to see it from Claiborne Ave. is going to be great marketing.



winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10713
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Re: Angry Wave

Postby winwave » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:38 am

Thank you to the Kern family.


It's the facilities stupid!

User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6072
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Angry Wave

Postby RobertM320 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:39 am

There's not a school in the nation with a stadium feature as cool as Angry Wave.


"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini

User avatar
green4life
Ripple
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:47 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Angry Wave

Postby green4life » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:13 am

...and the megaphone.

It's a good thing.


Fan since 1965 and was at the 14-0 Victory over LSU. It can be done.

User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6072
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Angry Wave

Postby RobertM320 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:56 am



"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini

User avatar
TURVS71
Swell
Posts: 1499
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:01 am
Status: Offline

Re: Angry Wave

Postby TURVS71 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:05 pm

Makes its appearance This Saturday? :lol:


'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"

User avatar
GreenLantern
Swell
Posts: 1395
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:41 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Angry Wave

Postby GreenLantern » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:13 pm

There are angry, Wave fans and there are Angry Wave fans. They are not necessarily the same folks.



User avatar
TURVS71
Swell
Posts: 1499
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:01 am
Status: Offline

Re: Angry Wave

Postby TURVS71 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:31 pm

One is an Adjective, one is a noun ....
Both have been around for a long time ....


'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"

User avatar
NOLABigSteve
Riptide
Posts: 2965
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:00 am
Location: New Orleans, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Angry Wave

Postby NOLABigSteve » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:00 am



Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)

User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 16610
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Online

Re: Angry Wave

Postby tpstulane » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:06 am

NOLABigSteve wrote:https://www.facebook.com/NOLAnews/videos/10155059009132060/

Cool. It looks good on a float.
Image

Image


Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981

User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6072
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Angry Wave

Postby RobertM320 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:39 am

And, it's done.



"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini

HoustonWave
Swell
Posts: 1337
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Angry Wave

Postby HoustonWave » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:50 am

RobertM320 wrote:And, it's done.



That really looks good. I hope it can survive hurricane winds.


Tulane is the University of Louisiana

User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6072
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Angry Wave

Postby RobertM320 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:51 am

Anyone want to take a guess on Dannen's latest tweet?





"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini

HoustonWave
Swell
Posts: 1337
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Angry Wave

Postby HoustonWave » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:02 pm

RobertM320 wrote:Anyone want to take a guess on Dannen's latest tweet?





We're going full retro? Everything old is new again.


Tulane is the University of Louisiana

golfnut69
Tsunami
Posts: 7097
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Online

Re: Angry Wave

Postby golfnut69 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:09 pm

HoustonWave wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:Anyone want to take a guess on Dannen's latest tweet?





We're going full retro? Everything old is new again.


I have several programs with the covers by John Chase


Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !

User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6072
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Angry Wave

Postby RobertM320 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:52 pm

All I know is, if we're going retro, we need to go back to the 40's, not the 60's. That's when we were at our best! Anyone have a program from the mid 40's? Did we have Chase drawing them back then as well?


"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini

golfnut69
Tsunami
Posts: 7097
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Online

Re: Angry Wave

Postby golfnut69 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:30 pm

RobertM320 wrote:All I know is, if we're going retro, we need to go back to the 40's, not the 60's. That's when we were at our best! Anyone have a program from the mid 40's? Did we have Chase drawing them back then as well?


I have 4 programs from the 1947 season all John Chase.. Tulane vs the following; 10/18 Ole Miss..10/25 Auburn...11/1 Miss State...11/15 Florida...Benny Ellender was the QB on all of those teams...I also have the 10/6/61 Florida Program some guy named Lindy Infante is listed as an Inside halfback, number 33 on your program...this program list all of the schools to be played that year with photos of each teams "Stars"..George Mira is shown for the Miami Hurricanes ...the advertising in these programs are priceless


Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot] and 12 guests