Tanner Lee

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote:
winwave wrote:He wasn't but you just keep trashing him and blame him for all of the ills under your boy CJ. Like I said professional scouts see his talent and understand the mess that was around him.
+1,000
He still has to "Show Me" he's not the QB that threw a bunch of pick 6's and had 2 good starts in 19 opportunities. He's got his chance, now show me. I think Ryan Griffin showed me a whole lot more playing behind an O-Line (and same coaching staff) that showed me a whole lot less than the line Tanner played behind. Tanner will be behind a much better line than anything Tulane has fielded since this decade started. Step up and SHOW ME.

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Aberzombie1892
Swell

DfromCT wrote: He still has to "Show Me" he's not the QB that threw a bunch of pick 6's and had 2 good starts in 19 opportunities. He's got his chance, now show me. I think Ryan Griffin showed me a whole lot more playing behind an O-Line (and same coaching staff) that showed me a whole lot less than the line Tanner played behind. Tanner will be behind a much better line than anything Tulane has fielded since this decade started. Step up and SHOW ME.
Yeah he will be better since the OLs, TEs, WRs, and RBs at Nebraska were all recruited as part of top 30 classes, and the schedule lines up nicely since a lot the 2017 opponents do not recruit close to that level. The general consensus among professionals is that Nebraska is expected to lose to all of the teams on its schedule that recruit at the same level or higher - Oregon, Penn State, Wisconsin and Ohio State. When those teams with similar recruiting or better are removed from its schedule, Nebraska's toughest opponents are Northwestern, Minnesota, and Iowa, and sbnation's previews indicates that Nebraska has between a 47-59% chance of winning each of those three games.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Oregon's D was as bad as our O was last year, maybe worse.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

DfromCT wrote:Oregon's D was as bad as our O was last year, maybe worse.
That's true, but:
1. Oregon has a new coach, Taggart, that's been extremely successful as a head coach, and the same cannot be said about Nebraska's coach.
2. Taggart hired the defensive coordinator that had a Colorado team(!) ranked #12 in the nation in final S&P+ defense in 2016.
3. Oregon had a top 5 offense last year and expected to have one again this year.
4. Oregon's 5 year recruiting average is in the top 25, so the roster is there.
5. Nebraska has to play at Oregon.

Oregon is certainly going through changes between 2016 and 2017, but it would difficult to be bullish on Nebraska's chances of beating Oregon @Oregon.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:
Show Me wrote:
winwave wrote:He wasn't but you just keep trashing him and blame him for all of the ills under your boy CJ. Like I said professional scouts see his talent and understand the mess that was around him.
+1,000
He still has to "Show Me" he's not the QB that threw a bunch of pick 6's and had 2 good starts in 19 opportunities. He's got his chance, now show me. I think Ryan Griffin showed me a whole lot more playing behind an O-Line (and same coaching staff) that showed me a whole lot less than the line Tanner played behind. Tanner will be behind a much better line than anything Tulane has fielded since this decade started. Step up and SHOW ME.
The lines they played behind were equally bad. Griffin was a 5th year senior IIRC under CJ not a RS freshman or sophomore.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
greenphantom
Swell

winwave wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
Show Me wrote:
+1,000
The lines they played behind were equally bad. Griffin was a 5th year senior IIRC under CJ not a RS freshman or sophomore.
They were both bad but the one Griffin had was probably the worst I have ever seen in college. We had absolutely no chance to run the ball. The OL had at least improved a little by the time Lee started and we could at least run the ball some.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Statistically, the 2012 line was the worst. I believe is wasn't until the very end of October, in the epic game against UAB, that our TOTAL FOR THE SEASON rushing crossed the 100 yard mark. That's right, our first 6 games we did not total 100 yards gained on the ground. (Interestingly enough we rushed for about 150 in that game! But our first 6 included both UL-M and UL-L, UTEP, Tulsa, Ole Miss and Rutgers.) Our line was not only the worst in the NCAA that year, it might have been one of the worst all time. Statistically, it can't be argued. Yes, I saw the beating Montana and Powell took then what Lee suffered through. But our O-line was markedly improved in 2013 and 2014 from 2012, despite the schedule being much easier in 2012.

I know it's summer and there's not much to talk about, but we're splitting hairs arguing over how bad our O-line was. Tanner has a chance to shine in a few weeks, let's hope he goes out and does so. I remember being so excited after his performance at Tulsa to start the 2014 season that I told a kid sitting behind me at Yulman "we'll probably never see Montana throw another pass for Tulane." Tanner got knocked out of the game later that day!

I'm going to try, once again, not to post in this thread until after the Nebraska v Oregon game. I've broken that vow before, though. I wish Tanner well, but more importantly

ROLL WAVE!
Last edited by DfromCT on Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

They were both really bad. The difference is Griffin was in his 5th year behind it against an easier schedule.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:They were both really bad. The difference is Griffin was in his 5th year behind it against an easier schedule.
And knew enough about the opponents to direct the blocking schemes and buy himself some time. Something a deer-in-the-headlights young buck couldn't do for his second and third year in the program. I do agree, and hope a 5th (and possibly 6th) year Tanner shows the same growth. He's got the arm, no doubt.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He was showing growth here and would have continued to. Hopefully he realizes his dream there though he very much wanted it to happen here.
Eaglewave
Swell

DfromCT wrote:
Show Me wrote:
+1,000
I want Tanner to be a beast, but I do agree with you here. Tanner played behind a better line than Griffin. That line was absolutely terrible. In fact, Tanner played behind a better line than Montana and Powell. They were all bad, but Tanner did have more time. He just panicked too much or held the damn ball too long. Even Tanner knows that he held the rock too long.

I hope he is ready to rock. Tanner has the size, and the look of a NFL QB.
Ball Sumrall!
RobertM320
Green Wave

I sure hope he succeeds and goes to the NFL next season and never makes it out of training camp and disappears from the football scene forever. That way those who think he's great and those who think he's terrible will both be right. We've added another 7 pages in the past 10 days about a player who ISNT on OUR team, and ISNT going to help us win or lose a single game. Can we PLEASE MOVE ON from Tanner Lee?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
ajcalhoun
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: We've added another 7 pages in the past 10 days about a player who ISNT on OUR team, and ISNT going to help us win or lose a single game. Can we PLEASE MOVE ON from Tanner Lee?
See my sig.
God Bless Everyone!
RobertM320
Green Wave

ajcalhoun wrote:
RobertM320 wrote: We've added another 7 pages in the past 10 days about a player who ISNT on OUR team, and ISNT going to help us win or lose a single game. Can we PLEASE MOVE ON from Tanner Lee?
See my sig.
lol! Missed that. But sadly, so true. :roll:
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Show Me
Tsunami

Until Tulane finds a QB Tanner talk of what could have been will continue. Hopefully Banks can deliver on our hope and Tanner can be a 1st Rd pick like he was meant to be before our coaching screwed him up.
AugWave
Swell

I'm rooting for Tanner. I know people around him that said he didn't want to leave Tulane, but really didn't have a choice due to our current scheme. I hope he kills it at Nebraska, which would just make our previous coaching staff look even more terrible.
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
Show Me
Tsunami

Excited for Tanner's debut as a Husker!
As for the man atop the depth chart, junior Tanner Lee has received quite a bit of praise ahead of the 2017 season. Phil Savage, a former NFL executive and the current Senior Bowl executive director, was impressed by Lee after watching him at practice Thursday. He called Lee a “top NFL prospect for ’18 or ’19.”
https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/nebra ... tan-gebbia
Show Me
Tsunami

Nice debut for Lee. Leads Cornhuskers to win over Ark St.
http://www.omaha.com/huskers/football/t ... baf8e.html
The defense’s often tentative performance overshadowed, to some small degree, a sparkling debut for quarterback Tanner Lee — who threw for 238 yards and two touchdowns
Wave755
Tsunami

Show Me wrote:Nice debut for Lee. Leads Cornhuskers to win over Ark St.
The defense’s often tentative performance overshadowed, to some small degree, a sparkling debut for quarterback Tanner Lee — who threw for 238 yards and two touchdowns
We will know a lot more next week when Nebraska plays Oregon @ Eugene. Like most on this forum, I wish Tanner only the best.
Show Me
Tsunami

Wave755 wrote:
Show Me wrote:Nice debut for Lee. Leads Cornhuskers to win over Ark St.
We will know a lot more next week when Nebraska plays Oregon @ Eugene. Like most on this forum, I wish Tanner only the best.
Louisiana connection
http://www.3newsnow.com/omahasportsinsi ... nsas-state
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Beautiful throw there.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Thanks. Was a great throw. Happy for Tanner I hope it continues.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
puffy
Surge

Tanner struggles against Oregon.

250 yards, 3 TDs and 4 picks, sub-50% completion percentage.

I hope it's rust related.
Wave755
Tsunami

puffy wrote:Tanner struggles against Oregon.

250 yards, 3 TDs and 4 picks, sub-50% completion percentage.

I hope it's rust related.
And, Final: Oregon 42, Nebraska 35. This was a very winnable game for the Cornhuskers.
OUG
Riptide

Tanner Lee is the Hillary Clinton of Tulane football. We will never be done arguing about Tanner Lee. I look forward to this thread's 1000th page in 15 years, so Tanner can show his children how much he mattered to Tulane football. :)