Navy Game Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
wave97
Swell

Weather forecast: Sunny 73℉ at 3:30 pm.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Defense getting prepared:

http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... iver_index

McLeod is back and that is good news.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We got to get this thing turned around:

http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... iver_index
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

IMO this is the swing game for the season. Early as it may be if we win on Saturday we are going to have a great season. I just don't know if we're there yet though.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

this will be a game of attrition...the O must control the clock and keep the defense as fresh as possible...this game will be over quickly, the clock will not be stopped for prolonged periods of time, unless there is some sort of TV commercial ...If Tulane can make Navy throw, they win the game...I do not think the Navy secondary can cover Tulane's receivers for any type of extended periods...if Tulane can make the secondary and LB's honor the pass, and extend the field to be defended, Tulane has a very good chance of winning this game....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:this will be a game of attrition...the O must control the clock and keep the defense as fresh as possible...this game will be over quickly, the clock will not be stopped for prolonged periods of time, unless there is some sort of TV commercial ...If Tulane can make Navy throw, they win the game...I do not think the Navy secondary can cover Tulane's receivers for any type of extended periods...if Tulane can make the secondary and LB's honor the pass, and extend the field to be defended, Tulane has a very good chance of winning this game....
I think we are going to be pleasantly surprised by the outcome of this game. I am actually extremely bull-ish on our chances to come home with the win. I am thinking something in the range of 31-17 us. We have always played Navy close and last year we were 1 possession away from winning. It was also Fritz' first game where he's ever lost while being +2 in turnover margin. Plus, after seeing Mr. Banks in live action, I'm convinced he's going help us win a lot more games than the past few years.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:IMO this is the swing game for the season. Early as it may be if we win on Saturday we are going to have a great season. I just don't know if we're there yet though.

No doubt about that and all involved in the program have said so. It's no secret that we have been pointing to this game. We have had other early season games like this several times recently and totally bombed. I'm more optimistic than ever that this time will be different. Fritz and his staff know their stuff. They can clearly make in game adjustments. They get that each opponent is different and thus require different approaches. Banks clearly exhibited the characteristics that this offense requires. Plus we get McLeod back so we have what our coaches consider our best 5 up front this week. Hopefully this pans out b/c it would be a setback after the effort that's been put in.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:IMO this is the swing game for the season. Early as it may be if we win on Saturday we are going to have a great season. I just don't know if we're there yet though.

No doubt about that and all involved in the program have said so. It's no secret that we have been pointing to this game. We have had other early season games like this several times recently and totally bombed. I'm more optimistic than ever that this time will be different. Fritz and his staff know their stuff. They can clearly make in game adjustments. They get that each opponent is different and thus require different approaches. Banks clearly exhibited the characteristics that this offense requires. Plus we get McLeod back so we have what our coaches consider our best 5 up front this week. Hopefully this pans out b/c it would be a setback after the effort that's been put in.
Good analysis!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

lurker123
Swell

In a meaningful way, this will be a good realtime measure of where WF and the team are today quality wise. You don't often see experienced coaches lay markers down before a game. (They like to have wiggle space if the result turns out wrong.)

He has made very clear what the goal is Saturday and what he expects of the team. We'll see if WF and Tulane can walk the talk this week.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Navy Highlights from week 1 vs. FAU

phpBB [video]

To listen to Coach Fritz's press conference and then watch this, he definitely isn't going to be surprised by anything Navy does. They have a big bruiser that gets chunks of yardage up the gut and speed on the outside. They're tough, we will need to be on top of our game and play close to mistake free.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Interesting note on Fritz' show tonight. He said that our DC was on Todd Monkens staff who runs the under center triple option.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I agree it's quite a story, and I take my hat off to anyone, especially the younger kids, that beat cancer. Want an even better feel good story? Google the journey of Pittsburgh native James Conner, who is playing for his beloved Steelers as the #2 running back behind Le'Veon Bell.

Another great story can be found in the past of Saints' recently signed rookie (cut by the Patriots Saturday) Austin Carr. He took time away from his season and teammates to donate marrow for a transplant to a patient he didn't know but was a perfect match for. Carr was LOVED by his teammates and fans in Boston, I can only hope he gets his opportunity to shine somewhere.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Cool Hopefully Carr sticks here.
GreenGears
Low Tide

Hi Guys,
Don't post much here but I'm planning to go to the Navy game this Saturday with a group of three. Anyone else going to the game or know of any good tailgates? Otherwise I'll probably just be at one of the nearby bars. Currently looking at Rams Head Tavern on google maps.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I'm sure there is an official Tulane tailgate . If someone here doesn't give the specifics on that call the alumni office tomorrow.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE