Players returning from injury..

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
waveclem
Surge

First off, Happy 2017 football season everybody! Feels great to still have start of the season optimism after one game played. Saturday night we saw a team take care of an inferior opponent the way fbs schools should against fcs schools. Very few penalties, no turnovers, and overall great execution of plays. My absolute favorite though was no sign of sideline confusion. Players knew when they were subbing in and out and everyone had a tempered celebration after successful plays. They knew they did well but also knew this was expected. A great "taking care of business" approach.

Shifting now to the header of the message, does anyone know if players such as Robert Kennedy, Zach Harris, and Jacob Robertson will be healthy and available for the Navy game? In my opinion I feel as though Kennedy would be our starting defensive end opposite Aruna if he was 100 %. Would be vital to have him back this week. I think I remember seeing Harris come in for a few plays but nothing substantial. Seems like they were just trying to let him heal whatever his ailments is while also getting a small taste of live action. I like Luke Jackson but feel as though having Harris start against Navy would be in our favor. More speed. Lastly, I been hearing all offseason about the speed and route running of Jacob Robertson yet don't recall seeing him Saturday night. Is he injured? Would love to see what he can do especially now knowing the Banks has a hell of an arm. Could see a lot of homerun balls this year.

Any info would be appreciated or if you just want to tell my opinion sucks then just say that. Either way, feels good to be chatting about Tulane football in season again!

Roll Wave!!

wave97
Swell

It would be great to have Robert Kennedy back for the Navy game. More speed up front doesn't hurt. It will be interesting to see how we choose to play up front on defense this week. Will we play 2-gap (keep the o-line off the LB), or will this be a game where you may see players like Aruna & Kennedy playing more inside positions with a one-gap responsibility?
Two years ago Houston ran as perfect a two-gap with their d-line as I have ever seen. They stacked the line of scrimmage with technically sound d-lineman and had one linebacker (Taylor), who ran from sideline to sideline making plays all day.
wave97
Swell

Anyone watching the Tennesse/Georgia Tech game? The game is already over, Tennessee will lose because of the play of their d-line. There are head coaches and coordinators who have no experience at stopping the bone. Tennessee's coaching staff has lost this game.
RobertM320
Green Wave

So a mixed bag to start the season for the SEC. Three losses at least -- Tenn, A&M and Florida.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
wave97
Swell

The Tennesee staff has had ALL SUMMER to prepare for this game. The Tennesee d-line is playing a yard off the football and catching the GT o-line. This is incompetence on parade on national television.
greenphantom
Swell

wave97 wrote:Anyone watching the Tennesse/Georgia Tech game? The game is already over, Tennessee will lose because of the play of their d-line. There are head coaches and coordinators who have no experience at stopping the bone. Tennessee's coaching staff has lost this game.
What game are you watching? It's a 7 point deficit going into the 4th. Hardly over but I do hope Ga Tech can hold on
wave97
Swell

greenphantom wrote:
wave97 wrote:Anyone watching the Tennesse/Georgia Tech game? The game is already over, Tennessee will lose because of the play of their d-line. There are head coaches and coordinators who have no experience at stopping the bone. Tennessee's coaching staff has lost this game.
What game are you watching? It's a 7 point deficit going into the 4th. Hardly over but I do hope Ga Tech can hold on
This game was over before it started!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

greenphantom wrote:
Yep. Tennessee ended up winning it. GT missed a chip shot FG in regulation to win it.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Harris will play more this week. Robertson should return for this one. I doubt Kennedy plays for a while and wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't play this season.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
wave97
Swell

Tech hung 655 yards in offense on a Tennesse team that physically out classed them. Untimely turnovers and poor placekicking decided that game. With millions upon millions of dollars spent on coaching, the bone is still a mystery for many coaching staffs. For me, this is what makes college football more interesting than the NFL.
Total yards: GT- 655 UT-369
TOP: GT 41:18 UT-18:17
Turnovers: GT-2 UT-0
GreenLantern
Riptide

wave97 wrote:Tech hung 655 yards in offense on a Tennesse team that physically out classed them. Untimely turnovers and poor placekicking decided that game. With millions upon millions of dollars spent on coaching, the bone is still a mystery for many coaching staffs. For me, this is what makes college football more interesting than the NFL.
Total yards: GT- 655 UT-369
TOP: GT 41:18 UT-18:17
Turnovers: GT-2 UT-0
In a couple weeks, I hope you're writing a similar post after the Tulane-OU game.