Line Moves to Wave 22.5 pts. > Grambling

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Wave755
Tsunami

Spread opens Wave 15.5 pts. > Grambling (Nos. 291-292 for Vegas sheet).
http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-foo ... las-vegas/
Last edited by Wave755 on Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bet the 52 1/2 over
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

I agree, take the over.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
oliveandblue
Surge

We're in trouble in the AAC West if this isn't a routine 24-28 point win. Navy are still a little rough around the edges, but they seem to have something for this season. Houston will win 7+. Memphis will probably contend for the NY6 bowl.

This gets ugly if Tulane loses.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

oliveandblue wrote:We're in trouble in the AAC West if this isn't a routine 24-28 point win. Navy are still a little rough around the edges, but they seem to have something for this season. Houston will win 7+. Memphis will probably contend for the NY6 bowl.

I agree with all except Memphis will contend for NY6 bowl. I don't see it. They are going to regress even more this season.
Wave755
Tsunami

oliveandblue wrote:We're in trouble in the AAC West if this isn't a routine 24-28 point win. Navy are still a little rough around the edges, but they seem to have something for this season. Houston will win 7+. Memphis will probably contend for the NY6 bowl.

In 2016 we beat Southern 66 to 21 at Yulman. And, Grambling then beat Southern in the Bayou Classic 52 to 30. So, I think the spread makes sense because I don't believe we will route these guys like we did the Jaguars.

Grambling is probably closer in talent to a SELA than a Southern.
Wave QB
Swell

Wave755 wrote:

In 2016 we beat Southern 66 to 21 at Yulman. And, Grambling then beat Southern in the Bayou Classic 52 to 30. So, I think the spread makes sense because I don't believe we will route these guys like we did the Jaguars.

The Grambling I saw last year vs Arizona and Southern would beat SELA hands down. That QB from Ole Miss is the real deal.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Wave QB wrote:
Wave755 wrote:

The Grambling I saw last year vs Arizona and Southern would beat SELA hands down. That QB from Ole Miss is the real deal.
You're judging him from two games against a team rated #115 in FBS in defense, and an FCS team. We're so much better defensively than what they've seen in years.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Wave QB
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:
Wave QB wrote:
Wave755 wrote:

You're judging him from two games against a team rated #115 in FBS in defense, and an FCS team. We're so much better defensively than what they've seen in years.

I have a very good track record on calling talent when I see it. Grambling was the best FCS program in the state last year. That WR Chad Williams, (who was drafted by the Arizona in the 3rd), could have given any secondary problems. I know they are a SWAC program, but they weren't your average SWAC team.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I'm not disagreeing with their talent level. What I'm saying is, last season Arizona was worse than your average FBS defense, and Tulane was better than your average FBS defense. Just because Clemson put up 56 points today against Kent State, doesn't mean they'll do the same vs Florida State. There were 3 teams last season that held them to 21 points or less: Arizona, Alabama State, and NC Central. You can't tell me Tulane isn't substantially better defensively than any of those three schools.
Wave755
Tsunami

Line moves 2 & 1/2 points to Wave 13 points over Grambling. Too many people taking Grambling and the 15.5 points. :shakingno:
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Wave755 wrote:Line moves 2 & 1/2 points to Wave 13 points over Grambling. Too many people taking Grambling and the 15.5 points. :shakingno:
Geez. This game will be very interesting, especially considering how well the AAC has faired so far against FCS teams.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Didn't know Grambling fans were such gamblers.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

winwave wrote:Didn't know Grambling fans were such gamblers.
Yep, and most Tulane fans are scared to death from bad past experiences to ever bet the Wave. So the money is going on Grambling.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

One would imagine that there are a lot of bettors betting on this game that are not fans of either team.
RobertM320
Green Wave

NC Central, the team that held Grambling to 9 points last season, currently trails Duke 30-0, 1 minute into the second quarter. I'd take Tulane and spot the 13.
Wave755
Tsunami

Line now Wave 22.5 pts.> Grambling! Damn, what a wild line this is, late money on the Wave!!!
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Just from an eye prospective our boys are a lot bigger in size.
Wave755
Tsunami

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:Just from an eye prospective our boys are a lot bigger in size.
Hopefully we can get our option working and just dominate these guys at the line of scrimmage and really shorten the game for ball control.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I kept saying you guys were way too worried about this game. Two possessions for Grambling, two 3 and outs. Two possessions for Tulane, two TDs. 14-0 Tulane, 8 minutes in.
Wave755
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote:I kept saying you guys were way too worried about this game. Two possessions for Grambling, two 3 and outs. Two possessions for Tulane, two TDs. 14-0 Tulane, 8 minutes in.
Robert, happy to say you were right all along. :2thumbs:
RobertM320
Green Wave

lol.... We got a little sloppy on defense in the second half, but we also were able to play a lot of second teamers on offense. Glad to see Huderson get a chance, and I was very impressed with Bradwell as a RB.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:Bet the 52 1/2 over
Boom!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981