Grambling Game thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Game notes:

http://tulanegreenwave.com/documents/20 ... g_0828.pdf

The depth chart is on page 24. Before anyone strokes out there are some obvious mistakes which often happened last year. In this case they have the DT's and DE's inverted.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Stroke- How is Grambling making out with the storm? Hope all is well.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Fritz just said we are going to have a Texas player come out with a Texas flag and a Louisiana player come out with a Louisiana flag to lead us on the field. Brantley's family has been hit by the storm.
Eaglewave
Swell

winwave wrote:Fritz just said we are going to have a Texas player come out with a Texas flag and a Louisiana player come out with a Louisiana flag to lead us on the field. Brantley's family has been hit by the storm.
Cool.
Ball Sumrall!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BTW, due to all that was going on with the storm Fritz' opening press conference was canceled yesterday.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:BTW, due to all that was going on with the storm Fritz' opening press conference was canceled yesterday.
Not sure what day it's from, but the Fritz press conference is highlighted on Tulanegreenwave.com. It's the same one that one of your posted links above was quoted from. "Head Coach WIllie Fritz Talks About Season Opener vs. Grambling State"

http://tulanegreenwave.com/
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

That's from a TV interview. Like I said his formal press conference on Tuesday was canceled.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:That's from a TV interview. Like I said his formal press conference on Tuesday was canceled.
With three or four different media representatives microphones in his face, I think it was more than a WGNO interview. Actually, looking at it again, Tulane labels it "Coach Willie Fritz's Weekly News Conference August 30, 2017". So I guess it was moved from Tuesday to Wednesday.

Bigger point is he's giving a lot more respect to Grambling than many of the posters here. As Fritz points out, their 21-3 lead at Arizona last year disappeared AFTER their former Ole Miss QB got hurt and left the game. They scored 21 points in less than a half, and nothing after his injury. This game is not a "gimme". We should win, and might win handily. But it's not your daddy's SWAC buy-a-win.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

DfromCT wrote:
winwave wrote:That's from a TV interview. Like I said his formal press conference on Tuesday was canceled.
With three or four different media representatives microphones in his face, I think it was more than a WGNO interview. Actually, looking at it again, Tulane labels it "Coach Willie Fritz's Weekly News Conference August 30, 2017". So I guess it was moved from Tuesday to Wednesday.

Bigger point is he's giving a lot more respect to Grambling than many of the posters here. As Fritz points out, their 21-3 lead at Arizona last year disappeared AFTER their former Ole Miss QB got hurt and left the game. They scored 21 points in less than a half, and nothing after his injury. This game is not a "gimme". We should win, and might win handily. But it's not your daddy's SWAC buy-a-win.
I'm glad Fritz is taking this game very seriously. I would like to note that we are also a much different team than last season. I mean, just look at the qb depth chart and that should tell you a lot. Our starter from last year is now 5th on the depth chart...
Stroke
Ripple

winwave wrote:Stroke- How is Grambling making out with the storm? Hope all is well.
From What I have heard, They will be here in New Orleans this Morning or afternoon.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:
winwave wrote:BTW, due to all that was going on with the storm Fritz' opening press conference was canceled yesterday.
Not sure what day it's from, but the Fritz press conference is highlighted on Tulanegreenwave.com. It's the same one that one of your posted links above was quoted from. "Head Coach WIllie Fritz Talks About Season Opener vs. Grambling State"

http://tulanegreenwave.com/
Here's the article that says campus was closed Tuesday and so Fritz' PC was canceled. Different from a tv interview which in this case was given after practice on Wednesday. At the PC Fritz gives an opening statement before opening it to questions.

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... 205c0.html
Last edited by winwave on Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Going for a green out:

http://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2017/8/ ... night.aspx

While it ask fans to wear green they sent out an email that said there would be a T-shirt give-away which depicts a green shirt. The team will be wearing all green.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320
Green Wave

But Kincade returns for his redshirt senior season along with senior running back Martez Carter, who both lead six returners on both sides of the ball into Yulman Stadium Saturday for GSU, which is listed as a 34.5-point underdog to open the week according to oddssharks.com.
34.5 points?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:
But Kincade returns for his redshirt senior season along with senior running back Martez Carter, who both lead six returners on both sides of the ball into Yulman Stadium Saturday for GSU, which is listed as a 34.5-point underdog to open the week according to oddssharks.com.
34.5 points?
I went to the oddshark web site...I could not find Tulane - GSU listed...not sure how anyone came up with 34.5..if it was...give me GSU and 34.5 !
Aberzombie1892
Swell

That's not the actual line. Oddshark's page on Tulane v. Grambling is weird since it only tracked one Grambling game from last season and all of Tulane's games, and that has resulted in a final score prediction of 34-0 (rounded) - which makes no sense.

Sports Chat Place has the actual line, which is 18 points.

https://sportschatplace.com/cfb-picks/2 ... prediction
Bigschtick
Riptide

Any radio stations streaming game if anyone knows?
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!