2017 Volleyball

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
localvb
High Tide

Just saw this on twitter. Great news:

"Thank you Volleyball fans!!
We have already surpassed last years season ticket totals.
Get your tickets today & help us continue to Rise!"

Haven't seen anything else yet on the season. Should be hearing some stories and outlook for the season soon.

localvb
High Tide

I hope this is wrong but I heard a key players career is over due to injury. Really tough blow for this young team.
localvb
High Tide

Heard the news. Sarah Ray is being medically released. She was 1st team all conference and the LA Player of the year.
So sorry to hear this and hope she is ok.

The team was going to be young losing 5 seniors but now they just got younger. Looks like a rebuilding year. The 2018 recruits are very impressive and could be one of the best classes Tulane has ever brought in.
localvb
High Tide

I saw half the scrimmage today. Boy was that some great volleyball!!! I was very surprised to see the team at that level with so many young and new players!! Losing Sarah Ray hurts but freshmen Kristen Thompson was unbelievable. She had around 19 kills and was unstoppable. Overall the team looked very disciplined and didn't make a bunch of errors which really surprised me playing so many freshmen. I didn't expect much this year but this team can really play. They should surprise many teams. Very well coached and way ahead of where I expected.
localvb
High Tide

Oh man we just landed in San Antonio to watch the Green Wave play and just learned the tournament is canceled.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

localvb wrote:Oh man we just landed in San Antonio to watch the Green Wave play and just learned the tournament is canceled.
Playing 2 tomorrow night at ULL
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
localvb
High Tide

Thanks.
Hope to make both games. For sure will make the 7pm game. Looking forward to seeing our 2 Louisiana freshmen play. They looked great at the scrimmage. Can't believe how good they looked after just about month of training.
I will report more tomorrow.
localvb
High Tide

I caught the last 3 sets of the 2pm game. Tulane was up in every set but couldn't put ULL away. Youth really showed. Tulane looked like the dominant team but just couldn't finish. Lots of promise on the floor but they will have to learn in the fire. After losing so many seniors and Sarah Ray they will take some time to learn how to win imo.
Next game at 7pm.
billow
High Tide

So why don't you say we got beat? So what were the scores?
localvb
High Tide

Sorry. Tulane lost 3-1 in first match. All 2 point games.
Tonight they pounded ULL 3-0. Played much more aggressive tonight. Tulane defense is really good with McHugh anchoring it. She's probably to best Libero in the nation. Team learned quickly and really turned it on ULL.

Now Tulane goes home and plays tomorrow at 1pm and 6pm vs South Alabama.
localvb
High Tide

2 big wins today for Tulane!! Move to 3-1. So many new faces and talent. Impressed at how well they are playing this early with 4 freshmen on the floor.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Nice job with two double headers on back to back days.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
alumniwave
Low Tide

Losing Ray is a big loss. 4 freshmen on the floor and a 3-1 start speaks so well of the program.
localvb
High Tide

Tulane puts a beat down on Grambling.
4-1 in the season and a really tough game tonight vs Miss State in Starkvegas.
Show Me
Tsunami

localvb wrote:Tulane puts a beat down on Grambling..
Hopefully the football team follows suit.
localvb
High Tide

Wow! The team with 4 freshmen starting just swept Miss State 3-0 in Starkville!!
HOLY COW!

5-1
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

localvb wrote:Wow! The team with 4 freshmen starting just swept Miss State 3-0 in Starkville!!
HOLY COW!

5-1
I gotta admit....I am impressed....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
localvb
High Tide

Big game tonight vs Southern Miss (7-2). 1st game in Devlin. Hope the students show up and give the team some home court advantage. USM has a top 20 offense and Tulane has the best defense in the AAC. Somethings got to give:)))
lurker123
Swell

Tulane beats USM. Good omen for Navy tomorrow????!!!!!!

http://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2017/9/ ... assic.aspx
localvb
High Tide

I watched online. Great job announcing by Byer and Holly. Incredible turn around by this young team. So impressed. USM looked really good especially on offense but Tulane turned it on and blew them out. Great win on the Angry Wave court which looked great on the web stream!!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

lurker123 wrote:Tulane beats USM. Good omen for Navy tomorrow????!!!!!!

http://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2017/9/ ... assic.aspx
a loud shout out...GREAT JOB LADIES !!! Give it a double dose of karma and Beat both Nicholls and OU !!!.... Looks like TD hired the right Coach for this sport...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
alumniwave
Low Tide

That is a big win for Tulane vs USM. Especially because of how young they are. Would be a monemental win to beat a Big 12 OU team. Barnes was the best coach Baylor ever had and will do some big things in his home state.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Congrats coach Barnes keep Rolling!
Credit given to Barbara Burke for starting the conversation.
http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... s_9th.html
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
localvb
High Tide

Big congrats to Tulane VB for winning the championship vs Oklahoma tonight!!
It was clear Coach Banres and the OU coach know each other very well. Great chess match! This young team just grew up bigtime!!

8-2 and the best record in the AAC!!