Angry Wave

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
wave97
Swell

Just win.

Highwave
Low Tide

I will always be partial to the bball floor of the early 90s. Would love to see some of that incorporated into the new floor with AW.

Last edited by Highwave on Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I'm ok with the new look, other than I think "Angry Wave should be always dark colored, green in this case. And, I agree, the words "Devlin Fieldhouse" can be placed elsewhere, sort of like they do with "Benson Field" at Yulman. Maybe bottom right
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

Ask and you get answers
https://twitter.com/TU_Dannen/status/895635666029215745
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:Ask and you get answers
https://twitter.com/TU_Dannen/status/895635666029215745
That's why I would have just replaced the TW with the exact size AW in the circle.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
nawlinspete
Riptide

wave97 wrote:Just win.
Amen. The window dressing has become more important than winning to some of those with authority.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
nawlinspete
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:
msdos wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:New basketball court design for Devlin...
https://twitter.com/TU_Dannen/status/895310899896037376
well that looks terrible
Too big and the "Devlin Fieldhouse" verbiage is misplaced. IMO
I'd would have just replaced the T-Wave with the same size AW here leave the rest alone. Don't like the painted lanes or baselines either. I prefer the natural wood look.
Picky. Picky. Picky.

Do you do anything other than troll everyone who has an opinion ?
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Wave QB
Swell

Not a fan of Anrgy Wave or the new court, but I just hope we can win games. At the end of the day, nobody cares about how good your court looks when you are winning.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We all want Tulane to start wining. The best way to win is to get good players. Facilities and branding matter in recruiting. The Angry Wave rocks to 99% of our fan base and the media locally and nationally love it.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote:Getting ready:

https://twitter.com/greenwavefb
Nico Marley?

Probably this link: https://twitter.com/greenwavefb/status/ ... 7767744513
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Just had to slide down a couple but that'll do.
Ruski
Swell

https://twitter.com/GreenWaveFB/status/ ... 7767744513
Wave QB
Swell

winwave wrote:We all want Tulane to start wining. The best way to win is to get good players. Facilities and branding matter in recruiting. The Angry Wave rocks to 99% of our fan base and the media locally and nationally love it.
I agree, but I don't think it's 99%. There are still those out there who like intimidating mascots for football.
Ruski
Swell

Wave QB wrote:
winwave wrote:We all want Tulane to start wining. The best way to win is to get good players. Facilities and branding matter in recruiting. The Angry Wave rocks to 99% of our fan base and the media locally and nationally love it.
I agree, but I don't think it's 99%. There are still those out there who like intimidating mascots for football.
Other than the bird and the bobblehead these would all give me nightmares:

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wave QB wrote:
We'll have to agree to disagree. I have followed Tulane athletics now for more than half a century and it is the one thing that our fan base has been in universal agreement about. You are in a very tiny minority that don't like it.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

As far as I am concerned the Pelican can be retired and given to the University of Louisiana in Laughette, since it is the State Bird
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote:As far as I am concerned the Pelican can be retired and given to the University of Louisiana in Laughette, since it is the State Bird
I agree. Likewise with the ancient mariner type guy. I don't think the popularity of the Angry Wave is nearly 99%, though it's pretty popular. When I was at Tulane most of my friends called it "the Douche". As in the sound a Wave makes when it curls/breaks. The Gumby-looking mascot on the sidelines (manned by a fraternity brother) was not popular at all, as it looked silly.

I'm anxious to see the final product from Blaine-Kern.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
lurker123
Swell

DfromCT wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:As far as I am concerned the Pelican can be retired and given to the University of Louisiana in Laughette, since it is the State Bird
I agree. Likewise with the ancient mariner type guy. I don't think the popularity of the Angry Wave is nearly 99%, though it's pretty popular. When I was at Tulane most of my friends called it "the Douche". As in the sound a Wave makes when it curls/breaks. The Gumby-looking mascot on the sidelines (manned by a fraternity brother) was not popular at all, as it looked silly.

Gumby made me wish I went to Stanford so I could root for the fearless redwood mascot knowing it intimidated the opposition.

Meanwhile was it 1979 or 1981 when LSU brought the 25 foot inflatable Mike the Tiger balloon and right before kickoff the SD police made them deflate it as it was blocking views of spectators? One of the Tulane RBs was later quoted (my paraphrase from imperfect memory), "When that Tiger deflated, I knew we were going to win." And of course, we did. So yes, I guess mascots matter. A 99%-er for Angry Wave.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

lurker123 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:

Gumby made me wish I went to Stanford so I could root for the fearless redwood mascot knowing it intimidated the opposition.

Meanwhile was it 1979 or 1981 when LSU brought the 25 foot inflatable Mike the Tiger balloon and right before kickoff the SD police made them deflate it as it was blocking views of spectators? One of the Tulane RBs was later quoted (my paraphrase from imperfect memory), "When that Tiger deflated, I knew we were going to win." And of course, we did. So yes, I guess mascots matter. A 99%-er for Angry Wave.
The original mascot at Stanford, was the "Indian"..but that upset the PC crowd, so they became a Tree
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
posse
High Tide

lurker123 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:

1981.....48-7 ?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It was 1979.
Wave QB
Swell

winwave wrote:
Wave QB wrote:
We'll have to agree to disagree. I have followed Tulane athletics now for more than half a century and it is the one thing that our fan base has been in universal agreement about. You are in a very tiny minority that don't like it.
Never debated the majority not liking it, but not 99%. I have been following (and have been apart of) Tulane athletics long enough to know that more than 1% want something more intimidating.

So what if I am apart of the minority? Big deal. I just have to watch it being a thing again until something else comes along again. Hopefully, we can win games.
Wave QB
Swell

Ruski wrote:
Wave QB wrote:
Other than the bird and the bobblehead these would all give me nightmares:

Now that's true. Lol

Man, if you knew how many years and how many times I have screamed "We Can Do Better" over the decades.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wave QB wrote:
winwave wrote:
Wave QB wrote:
Never debated the majority not liking it, but not 99%. I have been following (and have been apart of) Tulane athletics long enough to know that more than 1% want something more intimidating.

So what if I am apart of the minority? Big deal. I just have to watch it being a thing again until something else comes along again. Hopefully, we can win games.
I stand by the 99%. Even the most ardent complainers that go to the games are excited that it's back. To get something more intimidating you'd have to change the nickname which isn't going to happen.