Football Recruiting 2018

Talk about the latest recruits here.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Ruski wrote:
DfromCT wrote:It's way to early preseason to say 3/16 are "playing on Sundays". One has been on an NFL roster for a couple of years, but I'm not sure he's played in a regular season game yet. Two more are in camps with no guarantee that they'll make the squad.

I'll give you that it might be the best class of this decade to date, but CJ did little, very little with it. And Monroe was overrated.
Doss stepped it up last year. Stats site say he played in 6 games, same as rookie year. But I think he was on the field a lot more. He's getting a lot of praise out of Broncos camp.
He did not appear in a game his rookie year, but dressed for 6. He did suit up for 6 games, and got into some or all of them in 2016, having a total of 2 passes defended (they go right at a guy who doesn't play much) and 4 combined tackles. It's not that Doss isn't talented, it's that Denver is deep at cornerback.

http://www.nfl.com/player/lorenzodoss/2552599/profile

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Ruski
Swell

Charles Mclelland committed to Cincy today. Rough week for RB missing on him and Lafrance decommit. Mclelland did single out and thank Tulanes staff in his commitment note, said nothing of Auburn (his other school when he announced top 3).

Hopefully CWF keeps in contact and can get a late flip out of him.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Ruski wrote:Charles Mclelland committed to Cincy today. Rough week for RB missing on him and Lafrance decommit. Mclelland did single out and thank Tulanes staff in his commitment note, said nothing of Auburn (his other school when he announced top 3).

Hopefully CWF keeps in contact and can get a late flip out of him.
LaFrance just committed to Texas Tech, of all places. I'm willing to bet he doesn't end up there. Didn't Corey Dauphine just leave there because of the style of offense they run? And he's a better RB than LaFrance.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Dauphine left because he fell down the depth chart. It's true that Texas Tech passes a lot more than it rushes, but there is room for a good RB to get enough touches to be relevant.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Aberzombie1892 wrote:Dauphine left because he fell down the depth chart. It's true that Texas Tech passes a lot more than it rushes, but there is room for a good RB to get enough touches to be relevant.
Dauphine was a 4 star out of HS. If he fell down the depth chart, do you really think LaFrance as a moderate 3 star is going to do better?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Aberzombie1892
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:Dauphine left because he fell down the depth chart. It's true that Texas Tech passes a lot more than it rushes, but there is room for a good RB to get enough touches to be relevant.
Dauphine was a 4 star out of HS. If he fell down the depth chart, do you really think LaFrance as a moderate 3 star is going to do better?
That's a question that's impossible to know the answer to since the answer is impossible to know for certain, but there are plenty of situations where players with fewer stars than others earn the starting jobs. For example, Banks as a 4* QB fell down the depth chart at Kansas State and was asked to play a different position, yet Kansas State regularly starts 3* (and sometimes lower) QBs.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I think Huderson is going to tote the rock for four years. This year he'll be a role player, but will be the featured guy for the next three years. Corey Dauphine also figure to be in the mix in 2018 and 2019. Then the others being recruited will be role players and red shirts until their opportunity comes. I think we're pretty well stocked at RB for this recruiting season, and it wouldn't hurt us to not land many this particular year.
Ruski
Swell

Ehret's HC Corey Lambert was fired today, just 3 weeks before the start of the season. Seems personal/political. As long as the guy wasn't super duper cheating, should CWF look at bringing him on the staff? We've made a lot of progress bringing in local kids but it seems we're still missing a Frank Wilson/Curtis Johnson/Tony Hull/Jabbar Juluke type of recruiter.

Ehret's roster is absolutely loaded in the next 3 years too. 3/4 star players up and down.

Just a thought. I'm not plugged into the HS scene. Maybe you guys know more about why he got fired.
lurker123
Swell

Ruski wrote:Ehret's HC Corey Lambert was fired today, just 3 weeks before the start of the season. Seems personal/political. As long as the guy wasn't super duper cheating, should CWF look at bringing him on the staff? We've made a lot of progress bringing in local kids but it seems we're still missing a Frank Wilson/Curtis Johnson/Tony Hull/Jabbar Juluke type of recruiter.

Ehret's roster is absolutely loaded in the next 3 years too. 3/4 star players up and down.

Just a thought. I'm not plugged into the HS scene. Maybe you guys know more about why he got fired.
Sometime's package deals can work great but more often you end up with something like what WKU basketball is going through. (Although was Press Maravich hiring the ultimate package deal?)

I think most coaches just figure it's better to not mix the two but it's never going to disappear.

Regardless I heartily endorse your promotion of local recruiting.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Ruski wrote:Ehret's HC Corey Lambert was fired today, just 3 weeks before the start of the season. Seems personal/political. As long as the guy wasn't super duper cheating, should CWF look at bringing him on the staff? We've made a lot of progress bringing in local kids but it seems we're still missing a Frank Wilson/Curtis Johnson/Tony Hull/Jabbar Juluke type of recruiter.

I spoke to an Ehret alum and former Tulane player and he told me coach Lambert was supposed to be fired a month or so ago for inappropriate conduct. They held off with the announcement waiting for the death of Coach St Pierre.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

St. Pierre died a week ago. There was an outside investigation that led to an investigation by the Jefferson Parish School Board. That led to his firing. The LHSAA had recommended the football program and to others be shut down for a year. Instead they got a years probation on appeal.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Like I said....waited until he died first. Coach St Pierre fought a tough battle with cancer. Out of respect they waited until he passed.
http://www.nola.com/prepsports/index.ss ... ret_f.html
"The superintendent (Isaac Joseph) waited until (former Ehret coach and principal) Ray St. Pierre died " to make the decision.
Like I said he's been out for awhile.
Although Lambert would not comment on it, several sources said he had been suspended for at least the past four months and was never reinstated.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

That quote is from Lambert not someone in the decision making position . It is a self serving statement in which he is trying to claim St. Pierre had the political power to keep the superintendent from firing him. That's absolutely not the case. No one could have kept him from being fired. I know most of the school board members and many high ranking people in the system.There is a process that has to be gone through before the firing can become official. The timing was strictly coincidental but Lambert needed something to hang his hat on.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I'm sticking by my source. Exactly as the paper published is what I was told. Including unnamed sources that the decision was made a few months ago.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Like I said I know the parties involved in the decision making process.
Ruski
Swell

Another one!
https://twitter.com/WillGuillory/status ... 5424203780
RobertM320
Green Wave

Will said he lets the player announce it, which is why there's been nothing further. We could be a bit premature, since there's also been no word from Fritz.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:Will said he lets the player announce it, which is why there's been nothing further. We could be a bit premature, since there's also been no word from Fritz.
On what? What am I missing? Let the players announce what?
RobertM320
Green Wave

DfromCT wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:Will said he lets the player announce it, which is why there's been nothing further. We could be a bit premature, since there's also been no word from Fritz.
On what? What am I missing? Let the players announce what?

Will Guillory usually posts a cresting wave on twitter when there's a new commit, just like Willie Fritz will post a "RollWave! from X" tweet. And the player usually posts on his Twitter feed. Will posted the wave, but didn't release the name. When I replied to him about it, he told me he prefers not to mention the name until after the player makes it official by posting himself.

And so far, there's been no post by Fritz or by a player.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Thanks!
Ruski
Swell

https://twitter.com/Guersmith/status/903661547628716033 Anyone have a subscription for the whole list?
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Ruski wrote:https://twitter.com/Guersmith/status/903661547628716033 Anyone have a subscription for the whole list?
Joseph Halm has the list at http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... river_home

If you're too lazy to click, here ya go:

Tahj Brown, DE, 6-2. 255, Donaldsonville, University of Houston commit

Brandon Davis, DB, 6-0, 170, John Curtis

Joe Foucha, DB, 6-0, 195, McDonogh 35

Jamall Hickbottom, LB, 6-2, 225, Williamson (Alabama), South Alabama commit

Nik Hogan, OL, 6-5, 265, Northwest Rankin (Mississippi), Tulane commit

Jammal Houston, WR, 6-2, 185, Ehret, Colorado State commit

Jamiran James, DL, 6-2, 276, De La Salle, Tulane commit

Quindell Johnson, DB, 6-0, 165, Edna Karr, Memphis commit

Sheldon Jones, WR, 5-10, 165, Warren Easton, UTSA commit

Taron Jones, RB, 5-10, 190, Mandeville

Lawrence Keys, WR, 5-11, 165, McDonogh 35

Tahj Magee, ATH, 5-10, 180, Franklinton, Louisiana Tech commit

Roger McCreary, DB, 6-0, 180, Williamson (Alabama), South Alabama commit

Jared Miles, WR, 6-1, 185, McDonogh 35

Juan Monjarres, DE, 6-1, 220, St. Augustine, Tulane commit

Josh Quiett, TE, 6-4, 220 McKinley, Tulane commit

Damien Tate, DB, 5-8, 170, Warren Easton, McNeese State commit

orien Vallien, WR, 6-2, 185, Alexandria

Mike Williams, ATH, 6-2, 235, Dunham

Devin Winters, DL, 6-4, 245, McDonogh 35

Davon Wright, DL, 6-1, 295, Donaldsonville, Tulane commit

Class of 2019

Derek Stingley, DB, 6-0, 170, Dunham

Makiya Tongue, LB, 6-1, 205, U-High

Greg Brooks, DB, 5-11, 170, West Jefferson, Tulane offer

Class of 2020

Lynaris Elpheage, WR, 5-10, 170, Carver

Happy Friday, BEAT GSU! ROLL DAMN WAVE
Ruski
Swell

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
Ruski wrote:https://twitter.com/Guersmith/status/903661547628716033 Anyone have a subscription for the whole list?
Joseph Halm has the list at http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... river_home

If you're too lazy to click, here ya go:

Tahj Brown, DE, 6-2. 255, Donaldsonville, University of Houston commit

Brandon Davis, DB, 6-0, 170, John Curtis

Joe Foucha, DB, 6-0, 195, McDonogh 35

Jamall Hickbottom, LB, 6-2, 225, Williamson (Alabama), South Alabama commit

Nik Hogan, OL, 6-5, 265, Northwest Rankin (Mississippi), Tulane commit

Jammal Houston, WR, 6-2, 185, Ehret, Colorado State commit

Jamiran James, DL, 6-2, 276, De La Salle, Tulane commit

Quindell Johnson, DB, 6-0, 165, Edna Karr, Memphis commit

Sheldon Jones, WR, 5-10, 165, Warren Easton, UTSA commit

Taron Jones, RB, 5-10, 190, Mandeville

Lawrence Keys, WR, 5-11, 165, McDonogh 35

Tahj Magee, ATH, 5-10, 180, Franklinton, Louisiana Tech commit

Roger McCreary, DB, 6-0, 180, Williamson (Alabama), South Alabama commit

Jared Miles, WR, 6-1, 185, McDonogh 35

Juan Monjarres, DE, 6-1, 220, St. Augustine, Tulane commit

Josh Quiett, TE, 6-4, 220 McKinley, Tulane commit

Damien Tate, DB, 5-8, 170, Warren Easton, McNeese State commit

orien Vallien, WR, 6-2, 185, Alexandria

Mike Williams, ATH, 6-2, 235, Dunham

Devin Winters, DL, 6-4, 245, McDonogh 35

Davon Wright, DL, 6-1, 295, Donaldsonville, Tulane commit

Class of 2019

Derek Stingley, DB, 6-0, 170, Dunham

Makiya Tongue, LB, 6-1, 205, U-High

Greg Brooks, DB, 5-11, 170, West Jefferson, Tulane offer

Class of 2020

Lynaris Elpheage, WR, 5-10, 170, Carver

Happy Friday, BEAT GSU! ROLL DAMN WAVE

Thanks! Good thing we showed up in front of a ton of excellent athletes! Hopefully they were focused on the performance and not the attendance.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
galvezwave
Swell

That would be crazy. But I would like baseball to have that back