Football Recruiting 2018

Talk about the latest recruits here.
Bigschtick
Riptide

JerseyWave wrote:I am without a doubt 100% convinced that Fritz knows what he is doing in every aspect as Head Coach. He knows how to run a winning program, he knows Xs and Os, and finally he had to learn the recruiting game in Louisiana and at Tulane.

Exactly!

Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Ruski
Swell

After a week where we missed out on some top talent this is huge!
https://twitter.com/FearTheWaveBlog/sta ... 7601831937
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Glad to hear it. Welcome aboard.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Guerry Smith says that Sheldon Jones, a good receiver from Warren Easton currently committed to UTSA, had a good visit with Tulane today.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

CCS weighs in on the latest commits:

http://crescentcitysports.com/ascension ... mmitments/
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:CCS weighs in on the latest commits:

http://crescentcitysports.com/ascension ... mmitments/
Is this site "sportsnola" incognito ?
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Yep. It's the replacement. The bank that was the major sponsor of sportsnola went kaput.
Ruski
Swell

Seems like they are literally copying and pasting the Tulane official news articles or basically putting together Will Guilroy+Fear The Wave tweets. Doesn't even meet the already basement level requirements of sports journalism.
Jaxwave
Swell

Hey, Shegog hits the hole on QB draws!
lurker123
Swell

Ruski wrote:Seems like they are literally copying and pasting the Tulane official news articles or basically putting together Will Guilroy+Fear The Wave tweets. Doesn't even meet the already basement level requirements of sports journalism.
50% of TP stories and maybe 25% of Advocate Tulane stories are recycled Tulane press releases. At least you're able to put the optimum spin on them.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It's rare to have a recycled article in the Advocate.
galvezwave
Swell

#12 commit! Looks like a nice one! I don't know how to link and s***
Ruski
Swell

I think it's going to be interesting to compare CJ's first true class (2012) and WF. I found a post on here from mid July of 2011 that had people raving about CJ picking up 5 recruits so early, and here we are with 12!

CJ's class seemed a bit more top heavy where WF is more steady. Still would be nice to land a big name last minute like Monroe! I remember how exciting that was!!
Ruski
Swell

Hatcher officially ranked today on 247. They gave him a 3star with .7999 rating. Between Hatcher and Anderson our class goes to an even .8200 rating. That's good for 3rd in conference (on average, not overall).
RobertM320
Green Wave

Ruski wrote:I think it's going to be interesting to compare CJ's first true class (2012) and WF. I found a post on here from mid July of 2011 that had people raving about CJ picking up 5 recruits so early, and here we are with 12!

CJ's class seemed a bit more top heavy where WF is more steady. Still would be nice to land a big name last minute like Monroe! I remember how exciting that was!!
i wonder if some of the earlier committing is due to there being an early signing date as well?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Ruski wrote:I think it's going to be interesting to compare CJ's first true class (2012) and WF. I found a post on here from mid July of 2011 that had people raving about CJ picking up 5 recruits so early, and here we are with 12!

Well, CJ's first true class was notably better than Fritz's first true class, given that Fritz's first complete class was one of the worst classes that Tulane has had in recent memory.
Ruski
Swell

Aberzombie1892 wrote:

Well, CJ's first true class was notably better than Fritz's first true class, given that Fritz's first complete class was one of the worst classes that Tulane has had in recent memory.
You're correct WF first true class was abysmal. I had a brain fart and for some reason considered 2018 to be WF first class. Also CJ first true class was 2013, he took over December 2011. Actually amazing CJ was able to bring in so much talent in just about a months time!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Yeah, but a lot of that talent in CJ's first class failed to come close to living up to the hype. And you cannot blame CJ for all that. D. Monroe was a shadow of the player he was hyped to be, and he had good coaching on the D side of the ball. 4 Star player? I'd be hard pressed to give him more than two.

CJ's mark on NCAA football was ALWAYS as a great recruiter. The one decent WR he recruited will best be known for scoring the first rushing TD at Yulman Stadium. IMHO, CJ's best recruit was one that had no other D1 offers: Nico Marley. And he had a great inside track, having recruited his father to "the U". CJ was over matched as a head coach. Had he been smart enough to hire a good OC (and let him do his job) to go along with the D coaches he had on staff, he would probably still be here. Instead he tried to run the Saints offense with offensive coaches that were truly offensive.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
DrBox
Riptide

Aberzombie1892 wrote: Well, CJ's first true class was notably better than Fritz's first true class, given that Fritz's first complete class was one of the worst classes that Tulane has had in recent memory.
It was if you go by rankings; but it really wasn't. Several of the lower-ranked players had some pretty good offers. Plus, I'd say Fritz is a pretty good talent evaluator, based on his prior work, until proven otherwise.
The early Toledo classes were much worse; and some of CJ's classes with a few higher ranked players were also 50% filler.
Ruski
Swell

DfromCT wrote:Yeah, but a lot of that talent in CJ's first class failed to come close to living up to the hype. And you cannot blame CJ for all that. D. Monroe was a shadow of the player he was hyped to be, and he had good coaching on the D side of the ball. 4 Star player? I'd be hard pressed to give him more than two.

CJ's mark on NCAA football was ALWAYS as a great recruiter. The one decent WR he recruited will best be known for scoring the first rushing TD at Yulman Stadium. IMHO, CJ's best recruit was one that had no other D1 offers: Nico Marley. And he had a great inside track, having recruited his father to "the U". CJ was over matched as a head coach. Had he been smart enough to hire a good OC (and let him do his job) to go along with the D coaches he had on staff, he would probably still be here. Instead he tried to run the Saints offense with offensive coaches that were truly offensive.
I mean out of the 2012 class 3/16 are playing on Sundays. Unfortunately Batiste and Van Hooser transferred, especially Batiste a little more depth last year and the defense would've been filthy! Maybe if Breaux didn't take 6 months off to learn a new scheme last year Fritz could've designed some plays to utilize his speed. And Monroe maybe didn't become a college superstar but he still managed to start 48 games in 4 years on some pretty good defensive units.

Overall I still think CJ's defenses were pretty good, they just didn't get any help from the Offense. And on top of that Special Teams always made some dumbass mistake and the lack of depth in the defense just couldn't keep up herculean efforts for 4 quarters every game. CJ needed desperately to change up the O and ST. Had he focused on recruiting and defense I think he could've ended up an alright coach.
Ruski
Swell

DrBox wrote: The early Toledo classes were much worse; and some of CJ's classes with a few higher ranked players were also 50% filler.
This part I agree with 100% but let's see what happens a few years from now. The 2017 class seems like a shit ton of filler. Then again Nickerson, Marley, Rounds, Encalade, they all seemed like filler too.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

It's way to early preseason to say 3/16 are "playing on Sundays". One has been on an NFL roster for a couple of years, but I'm not sure he's played in a regular season game yet. Two more are in camps with no guarantee that they'll make the squad.

I'll give you that it might be the best class of this decade to date, but CJ did little, very little with it. And Monroe was overrated.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Ruski
Swell

DfromCT wrote:It's way to early preseason to say 3/16 are "playing on Sundays". One has been on an NFL roster for a couple of years, but I'm not sure he's played in a regular season game yet. Two more are in camps with no guarantee that they'll make the squad.

I'll give you that it might be the best class of this decade to date, but CJ did little, very little with it. And Monroe was overrated.
Doss stepped it up last year. Stats site say he played in 6 games, same as rookie year. But I think he was on the field a lot more. He's getting a lot of praise out of Broncos camp.