Basketball Recruiting -- 2017

Talk about the latest recruits here.
Ruski
Swell

Have any OOC games for 2018 been announced yet?

Houma de Wave
Swell

We play in an early season tourney in Jamaica and have to return the game at North Carolina this coming season. Coach MD also told me at the Cut Off Coaches Spring Tour that a 3-game deal was struck with Florida State, home, away and at a neutral site...don't know if that begins next season.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Back to recruiting: Is Henri Langton still committed? He gave a verbal commitment in January, but never (to my knowlege) signed a LOI.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

As I posted earlier he has not signed.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

winwave wrote:As I posted earlier he has not signed.
Is there a scholy available for him?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Yes. We have one opening.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

What's the deal? Isn't it getting late? Didn't we lose more than 5 to graduation and/or transfer? I thought we had a few open schollies (and don't have the time to check, sorry!)
Ruski
Swell

https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits/statu ... 1802627072 c/o 2017, 6'7, Nigerian PF. Seems his only other offer is Loyola Marymount.

Dunleavy is serious about adding size for this season! I love it
Ruski
Swell

Also all over twitter today is that Mitchell Robinson out of Chalmette is leaving WKU. Get Shammond Williams back on the staff and let's land the home grown 5 star!!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Ruski wrote:Also all over twitter today is that Mitchell Robinson out of Chalmette is leaving WKU. Get Shammond Williams back on the staff and let's land the home grown 5 star!!
Heard he may skip college and go pro in Europe than off to the NBA.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

That would make sense as I believe he was already enrolled at WKU so he couldn't play anywhere else this year.
uptownprof
Ripple

https://bustingbrackets.com/2017/07/31/ ... -transfer/

some chatter about Tulane. Robinson can do a lot worse than stay close to home.
lurker123
Swell

uptownprof wrote:https://bustingbrackets.com/2017/07/31/ ... -transfer/

some chatter about Tulane. Robinson can do a lot worse than stay close to home.
Good article. Thanks for finding.

My extreme SWAG of likelihood of potential outcomes:

1. Overseas. Nothing wrong with an 18/19 year old just going to work and helping himself and his family financially if he is truly not interested in a college education while prepping for NBA.

2. LSU. Local peer pressure. (It pains me to type this but Tulane today has little to no pull in encouraging local kids to stay in N.O. versus B.R. when it's us vs. them.)

3. Tulane. As article notes, get NBA prep and coaching now.

4. The field.

Above all assumes NCAA will give him a waiver for immediate eligibility. If not, I can't see any other outcome than number 1. As I said this is all extremely uninformed speculation but I'm rooting for number 3!!
lurker123
Swell

sader24
Tsunami

Been saying this for a couple of years. Robinson is highly overrAted and a complete head case. He's on a different planet than the rest of us. He's skilled, but he's soft, flaky, and I don't think you can fix what's going on in his head.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Sure wish Coach Dunleavy would consider hiring Shammond Williams.
lurker123
Swell

sader24 wrote:Been saying this for a couple of years. Robinson is highly overrAted and a complete head case. He's on a different planet than the rest of us. He's skilled, but he's soft, flaky, and I don't think you can fix what's going on in his head.
let's take as a given that you're 100% correct. It's August. Tulane has an open scholarship for 2017-18. Do you use it on Robinson? He may not be one and done but he does not appear to be someone interested in a full four year college experience either. Dunleavy won six games last year and the kid l lives less than 20 miles from campus.

In short will he improve Tulane's performance if he comes even if he makes the coach's work harder than with an ideal candidate?
sader24
Tsunami

Id take a chance on him if I were Tulane. You have to watch the kid play and interact with people to see it. It is nothing short of bizarre. I think he'd have a better chance of success at a smaller school, but he behaves like he's 12. How he fits in socially is as big of a problem as the other aspects. I also don't think he's a 1 and done. He may go 1 and done, but I don't think it's a good idea for him, no way he's ready for the NBA or anything like that. There is no denying what's there physically, but I think he needs a smaller school that's a good fit for him where he feels comfortable, and I think he needs to stay there a few years and grow up and I'm not sure that's even possible.
waveclem
Surge

sader24 wrote:Id take a chance on him if I were Tulane. You have to watch the kid play and interact with people to see it. It is nothing short of bizarre. I think he'd have a better chance of success at a smaller school, but he behaves like he's 12. How he fits in socially is as big of a problem as the other aspects. I also don't think he's a 1 and done. He may go 1 and done, but I don't think it's a good idea for him, no way he's ready for the NBA or anything like that. There is no denying what's there physically, but I think he needs a smaller school that's a good fit for him where he feels comfortable, and I think he needs to stay there a few years and grow up and I'm not sure that's even possible.

So your saying that he just left the place that would be good for him, in Western Kentucky.
Ruski
Swell

Definitely take him. If nothing else proves to AAC that we're serious about upgrading basketball. Probably would get us expanded coverage, maybe some games on ESPN2 we might not get otherwise. #BringBackShammond
Show Me
Tsunami

I'm hearing LSU. Dunleavy blew it not keeping Shammond Williams on his staff. I like Anthony Wilkens but Shammond has more connections.
Ruski
Swell

Show Me wrote:I'm hearing LSU. Dunleavy blew it not keeping Shammond Williams on his staff. I like Anthony Wilkens but Shammond has more connections.
+1
uptownprof
Ripple

LSU, Tulane and Alabama appear to be in the running. LSU has a logjam at center with Reath, Epps and Robinson - especially the first two played significant minutes last year. Tulane and Alabama can offer immediate playing time. LSU and Tulane are both closer home with Tulane being in the same city. However, Tulane is perceived to be having the least pedigree (sigh). Tulane's classes will also likely be the toughest.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote:I'm hearing LSU. Dunleavy blew it not keeping Shammond Williams on his staff. I like Anthony Wilkens but Shammond has more connections.
LSU drops out Kansas on the board.
http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2017/ ... bile_index
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Ruski
Swell

https://twitter.com/WillGuillory/status ... 9128720384