Ole Miss Hugh Freeze Resigns..

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Ban Hammer is coming for Ole Miss, it's only a matter of time.... Everyone knew bag-men were involved in their success in top 5 recruiting classes during Freeze's tenure and now their castle is coming down. His resignation also came a few days after NCAA requested Ole Miss give them booster names....

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/ ... db6d4.html

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:Ban Hammer is coming for Ole Miss, it's only a matter of time.... Everyone knew bag-men were involved in their success in top 5 recruiting classes during Freeze's tenure and now their castle is coming down. His resignation also came a few days after NCAA requested Ole Miss give them booster names....

ya might as well spray the "Grove' with agent orange

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/ ... db6d4.html
to quote an old Elvis Movie..."Girls...Girls...Girls
http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... alls-cited

from CBS, the flagship network of the SEC
http://www.cbssports.com/college-footba ... formation/
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

the next headline will read :

Nick Saban and Alabama hires Freeze as "Offensive Consultant" ( and off field entertainment director)
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

wave97
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:the next headline will read :

Nick Saban and Alabama hires Freeze as "Offensive Consultant" ( and off field entertainment director)
Let's hope so! Saban is no dope. I only regret that I don't have son's to play for Hugh Freeze where ever he winds up.
Hugh Freeze, you are a good and decent man in a world turned upside-down.
wave97
Swell

Just love watching the talking heads on ESPN spewing righteous indignation for the monster they created. If only Boris Karloff or Peter Boyle were still alive, they'd be perfect in Bristol, CT.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote:Just love watching the talking heads on ESPN spewing righteous indignation for the monster they created. If only Boris Karloff or Peter Boyle were still alive, they'd be perfect in Bristol, CT.
the ESPN talking heads next line will be......" IT'S ALIVE " !!!!!!!! ... On a side note Paul Finebomb predicts Lane Kiffin will be walking the Grove
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Rumor has it that Freeze was turned down by Baylor. Now the rumor is that he's going to Kentucky where he'll help recruiting for Rick Pitino. His skills easily allow him to switch sports.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
MicMan
Swell

wave97 wrote:Just love watching the talking heads on ESPN spewing righteous indignation for the monster they created. If only Boris Karloff or Peter Boyle were still alive, they'd be perfect in Bristol, CT.
As if ESPN invented all this. What are you, an infant?
Jaxwave
Swell

Already Morris from SMU and Willie Fritz mentioned as candidates to replace Freeze.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Jaxwave wrote:Already Morris from SMU and Willie Fritz mentioned as candidates to replace Freeze.

who ever takes the job...better get on hell of a 10 year titanium clad contract at 7 mill a year....complete with zero cut in salary if fired and with a zero buy out clause...once the NCAA hands down the number of players that can be signed, among other restrictions, Ole Miss will be a lock for last place in the sec west for several years...the only thing that will keep them from getting the death penalty, is the NCAA's fear they will never be relevant again . The NCAA is still having sleepless nights over the SMU fiasco....
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Aside from a few highly regarded coaches at odd situations, it would make sense for Ole Miss to take someone from the AAC, as Montgomery, Fritz, Morris, Norvell (especially), Strong (even), etc. would all be attractive in one way or another.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jaxwave wrote:Already Morris from SMU and Willie Fritz mentioned as candidates to replace Freeze.
Hate to lose WF so soon. That would be disastrous if he left a month before the season starts.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

I would think they'd look at Norvell or Morris before Fritz, especially with only a month before the season. Fritz' offensive style is so different than what everyone else runs, not sure they'd be able to adapt that quickly.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
JerseyWave
Riptide

Not a chance would any sitting Head Coach take that job less than a month prior to fall camp. It's a recipe for disaster and you can't put your staff together in time and teach your playbook. Under any circumstance I can't see Fritz be offered or accepting the job after the season either. Ole Miss has the NCAA digging into their program. Fritz offense won't be successful at the SEC level. The defensive talent and coaching is too good. Taking the Ole Miss job is career suicide.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:
I would think they'd look at Norvell or Morris before Fritz, especially with only a month before the season. Fritz' offensive style is so different than what everyone else runs, not sure they'd be able to adapt that quickly.

I looked on several sites for possible replacemets...Morris and Norvell names were mentioned, but I did not find any with Fritz being attached
greenphantom
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:

who ever takes the job...better get on hell of a 10 year titanium clad contract at 7 mill a year....complete with zero cut in salary if fired and with a zero buy out clause...once the NCAA hands down the number of players that can be signed, among other restrictions, Ole Miss will be a lock for last place in the sec west for several years...the only thing that will keep them from getting the death penalty, is the NCAA's fear they will never be relevant again . The NCAA is still having sleepless nights over the SMU fiasco....
They said the same thing about Penn State
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

greenphantom wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:

The big difference in the two...Ole Miss' violations, if valid, directly impacted Players...and I am not discounting what happened at Penn State...
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:

The big difference in the two...Ole Miss' violations, if valid, directly impacted Players...and I am not discounting what happened at Penn State...
The Ole Miss job is a dumpster fire and I can't imagine any "smart" headcoach taking the job right now. I can see an OC or DC taking the job immediately, but not a HC. Ole Miss still has to deal with the Notice of Allegations from NCAA (21 violations) and the difficulties of recruiting because of this ordeal, should be enough to scare away any HC right now. Ole Miss has a recipe for disaster right now and whatever poor sap that inherits this mess will be almost destined to fail. These type of fall out typically takes at least 2 scapegoat interim coach to get fired before the program rights itself with another HC hire.

PS: I can't even imagine Fritz leaving us so close before the start of the season... If he does, I will buy extra sharp pitchforks and torches for our angry mob gathering.... :mrgreen:
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I don't think there's any indication that they will hire a new coach before this season. It appears they go with the interim this season.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:I don't think there's any indication that they will hire a new coach before this season. It appears they go with the interim this season.
Houston Nutt is available
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:I don't think there's any indication that they will hire a new coach before this season. It appears they go with the interim this season.
Not only do I agree, but I also don't think that Coach Fritz has popped up on P5 radar screens based upon one 4-8 season at Tulane. Especially with the offensive ineptitude we displayed last year. We were not a good football team. I believe in Willie Fritz, and I believe he will be our coach for at least three more years. I'd be happy if he retired here 20 years from now with 8 AAC championships and 12 bowl victories in 14 appearances.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
Houston Nutt is available
LoL Golf. Can you imagine Ole Miss rehiring Nutt who uncovered Freeze's moral indiscretions? I really hope Nutt goes scorched earth and helps the NCAA with their investigation.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:
Not only do I agree, but I also don't think that Coach Fritz has popped up on P5 radar screens based upon one 4-8 season at Tulane. Especially with the offensive ineptitude we displayed last year. We were not a good football team. I believe in Willie Fritz, and I believe he will be our coach for at least three more years. I'd be happy if he retired here 20 years from now with 8 AAC championships and 12 bowl victories in 14 appearances.
D-we agree on Fritz too. I was going to put that in my first post but didn't want anybody to take it as a knock on Fritz. I still have hope he'll find a way to turn this thing around here but there's not enough there to put him high on such a list.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Agreed. I hope his coaching brings us 6 wins in a tough schedule year. It's going to be a challenge, but I really think Fritz knows what he's doing, and if our offense is even in the 70-85 ranking range in terms of points scored, we'll play in a decent bowl game.

ROLL WAVE!